IGNORED

Emotion

Harry

30 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Every time you watch Liverpool you can see Jurgen Klopp’s personality come out in his team.

Unfortunately the same goes for Bristol City and the mood hoover we have in charge.

I hate scousers with a passion but give me a klopp over a pep which every young manager wants to be for some reason any day of the week 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

Watching on TV they zoomed in on him and Hogg a number of time, they genuinely looked clueless each time 

Both on each other’s wavelength though! 🤷🏻‍♂️

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Did we not do any background on this bloke before hiring him!

How on earth did this guy get to pick and train our team

The bloke, to me at least, appears to be/is on the Autism spectrum! 

He trots out the same crap every week with no recognizable personality. Which surprise surprise shows up in our team each week

What has happened TGH Knight and particularly Conway. The latter is a shadow of the player he was! 

Christ someone make this stop!

Yes, pre-season friendly where we whooped them, but they said nice things like - you’re much better prepared than Swansea who we played last night

And a league cup tie where they stretched us on the counter a few times in the opening half hour and then we stuffed them.

He is gradually sucking the life out of the players.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, petehinton said:

As someone pointed out in the MDT, the fact that the bloke’s ‘bravery’ at 2-0 down was to change our full backs for…full backs, says all we need to know. The subs were, again, so clearly pre planned and not tweaked to what was playing out in front of his ******* eyes. 

Interesting he also blames McCrorie in the post match for missing his chance too as ‘lack of quality we speak about’ or words to that effect. 

So things are going so well, and we create so much in a game to score, our loss is even down to the fault of a ******* right back not scoring the one chance we make in an entire half. 

His post match today has tipped me over the edge with him. Constantly double downing on the ‘plan’ being perfect, but the players being terrible and not clever enough to understand it. God forbid a team of footballers playing an entire game of football mistake-free like some sort of chat GPT concoction. 

Sack him. And move Tinnion back to an academy-only role. 

Said this for a while, you can predict the subs he makes & in many cases the minute they come on before we kick off.

Knight-Lebel has been on the bench for 30 games now & played 17 minutes, Mebude has played 44 minutes since his arrival. Meerholz was never coming on today.

As I posted elsewhere it’s obvious now he’s realised Mebude is nowhere near the standard because at 0-2 to effectively replace both full backs in a like for like move (arguably in terms of the RBs actually a negative one, no disrespect to Tanner) & not bring on an attacking player in Mebude tells you all you need to know.

It’s like being managed by AI, Jon Lansdown should be really proud of himself, removing Pearson, Fleming, Euell & Rennie for this snorefest.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, tin said:

Passion is an emotion, and a strong one at that. I want to see a City side play with passion, fire in the belly, call it what you will. If you tell the players to control their emotions, you take away that edge IMO. That’s been a consistent in Manning’s time here and a polar opposite of the miserly side Pearson built. Manning out.

We will never win anything playing Pep possession football. To do that you need to be at the top of the food chain in your division. We’re miles off that, and the constant references to not being able to compete with the parachute payment teams should have informed our post-Nige managerial selection.

We will only succeed by being emotional, a team greater than the sum of its parts. A team that plays to its maximum and then some, driven on by emotion.

The numpties that write the FA training manuals can’t describe or quantify ‘emotion’ so that chapter doesn’t exist. Consequently, if you employ an FA textbook coach you get a load of robots.

My fear was we’d appointed LJ in disguise. All I need now is sight of LM measuring the length of the grass to confirm it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

We keep hearing Liam Nothing (sorry Manning) say how he’s always trying to make sure the players take the emotion out of the game. 

I don’t like this approach. Emotion is part of football. Sometimes it can affect you poorly but in my experience it can also have as much of a positive effect than a negative one. 

I actually WANT to see my team playing WITH emotion. Not without it. 

I’ve really had enough of this bloke. 

We also hear him say “at half time we spoke about how we might think about how to engage higher”. 
No no no!! It’s your effing job to TELL them how to engage higher. Not have a polite feckin conversation about it. 

Enough. Honestly. 

Bang on Harry. Footballers aren’t looking to input their opinion, they need to be shown and told what to do. 

Emotion is what football is absolutely all about. I want to see anger, pain, frustration, pleasure and excitement. It’s what makes us feel connected and alive. 

I couldn’t give a shit where we are in the table or in what league we are in. Just ******* CARE for ***** sake. That’s all we ask. 

Remove emotion? **** off Manning .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

We will never win anything playing Pep possession football. To do that you need to be at the top of the food chain in your division. We’re miles off that, and the constant references to not being able to compete with the parachute payment teams should have informed our post-Nige managerial selection.

We will only succeed by being emotional, a team greater than the sum of its parts. A team that plays to its maximum and then some, driven on by emotion.

The numpties that write the FA training manuals can’t describe or quantify ‘emotion’ so that chapter doesn’t exist. Consequently, if you employ an FA textbook coach you get a load of robots.

My fear was we’d appointed LJ in disguise. All I need now is sight of LM measuring the length of the grass to confirm it. 

This is far worse than LJ, LJ had a personality and a bit of bite in him - this guy is devoid of anything 

• Like 6

Jack Charlton as manager of Ireland ensured emotion always played a part of their game management. The result was the team performance was always greater than  the sum of its parts 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

Bang on Harry. Footballers aren’t looking to input their opinion, they need to be shown and told what to do. 

Emotion is what football is absolutely all about. I want to see anger, pain, frustration, pleasure and excitement. It’s what makes us feel connected and alive. 

I couldn’t give a shit where we are in the table or in what league we are in. Just ******* CARE for ***** sake. That’s all we ask. 

Remove emotion? **** off Manning .

I think there's definitely a time to get your players opinions and thoughts on your system. However, outside of the basics in case they've seen something you haven't, at half time when you have a very short period to come up with a plan, and communicate effectively so that it'll happen out in the pitch five minutes later with a reasonable sized group that isn't it. That needs clarity and direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

We keep hearing Liam Nothing (sorry Manning) say how he’s always trying to make sure the players take the emotion out of the game. 

I don’t like this approach. Emotion is part of football. Sometimes it can affect you poorly but in my experience it can also have as much of a positive effect than a negative one. 

I actually WANT to see my team playing WITH emotion. Not without it. 

I’ve really had enough of this bloke. 

We also hear him say “at half time we spoke about how we might think about how to engage higher”. 
No no no!! It’s your effing job to TELL them how to engage higher. Not have a polite feckin conversation about it. 

Enough. Honestly. 

One of your best ever posts . I 100 percent agree . 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, pre-season friendly where we whooped them, but they said nice things like - you’re much better prepared than Swansea who we played last night

And a league cup tie where they stretched us on the counter a few times in the opening half hour and then we stuffed them.

It’s a strange one. The rigorous process of replacing a highly respected manager was a pre season friendly and a game where he was thrashed. 

Surely there was some kind of process to interview prospective candidates. But it seems not. 

Yes as someone on here likes to say, he’s a mood Hoover it’s utterly bizarre watching and listening to him. If I think he’s bizarre then what must the players think? 

We are unwatchable for the most part to a point that our supporters are singing we’re effing sh**!

we have Leicester in two weeks a match that should be a sell out with an electric atmosphere but it’s clear we will have masses of empty seats to watch utter garbage! 

I don’t know what to think about this right now. Surely SL is aware of what is happening!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I couldn't stand Pulis (and SOD) more -

Same Robbo - which unfortunately I think shows the strength of feeling for me that I’d mention Manning easily in the same breath but would also go as far as to dislike further. 

To see him criticise these players when he’s asking them to play to their weaknesses is the absolute worst. SOD and Pulis set us up shite; manning does that but then publicly flogs young players whilst admonishing him of any responsibility. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 1

Just now, 38MC said:

Same Robbo - which unfortunately I think shows the strength of feeling for me that I’d mention Manning easily in the same breath but would also go as far as to dislike further. 

To see him criticise these players when he’s asking them to play to their weaknesses is the absolute worst. SOD and Pulis set us up shite; manning does that but then publicly flogs young players whilst admonishing him of any responsibility. 

You can say that again

• Haha 1

Probably the best performances we’ve had under manning were all about emotion/passion. West Ham home and away, and Southampton home. The players would have wanted to prove they could beat a prem team, and a team doing well in the championship. That would have involved emotion from an individual and collective point of view. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just like he's sucked it out of the fans. I've never felt so flat about my club and I started watching in 1956 ffs.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It’s a strange one. The rigorous process of replacing a highly respected manager was a pre season friendly and a game where he was thrashed. 

Surely there was some kind of process to interview prospective candidates. But it seems not. 

Yes as someone on here likes to say, he’s a mood Hoover it’s utterly bizarre watching and listening to him. If I think he’s bizarre then what must the players think? 

We are unwatchable for the most part to a point that our supporters are singing we’re effing sh**!

we have Leicester in two weeks a match that should be a sell out with an electric atmosphere but it’s clear we will have masses of empty seats to watch utter garbage! 

I don’t know what to think about this right now. Surely SL is aware of what is happening!

Steve sorting out the mess properly costs Steve a lot of money. Past experience tells me his attitude will be “you caused this mess Brian, you sort it out”.

34 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Think Leicester might be reasonably attended tbh but the rest totally agree.

think I know what Manning is trying to say when it comes to emotions… I think he means saying in control and not ‘losing it’ depending on what happens in games. There is some merit in that  

However, as others have said, emotion is a huge part of football and for fans that’s literally what it’s all about. I want to lose it with the officials irrationally. I want to be furious when I feel like someone has wronged us. I want to lose my mind and leap around like a lunatic when we score a goal.

I understand that the players have to be more controlled than I want/need to be, but they’re not effing robots. They need to connect with the fans, they need to get around each other in adversity, they need to respond to the emotion in the stadium.

If they don’t, what is actually the point? And how will performances ever be different to the robotic borefests we’re watching at the moment? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmo said:

Given the constraints Nige had with bringing in new players, he had no choice but to build and mould a team that was all about passion/emotion/work ethic. 

So what does this club do? Bring in a new guy who quickly strips us of our main strength and turns us into an absolute soft touch. 

Infuriating.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I couldn't stand Pulis (and SOD) more - but they failed at a lower level than Manning is. Maybe, if we were somehow getting relegated this season under another manager (post Pearson) Manning might be fine in League One with us. But he patently ain't at Championship level.  

I don't hate the bloke, like some do, but he just isn't good enough (and I wonder if he'll ever be) to manage at Tier 2. 

What I like about your thoughts, Robbo and those of Jimmo is that you both state it how it is without the ridiculous hysteria attached to so many others who seem so full of vindictive spite. Was it Manning's intention to fail so quickly? He was always a gamble and has had a few incredible moments but is not producing the results or even the performances that he should be.

It does appear ,however, that Jimmo is sadly bang on. 

Comments about "the worst we've ever played" and "worst Manager ever" are mainly from people with the memory and attention span of a goldfish.  As to whether he'll ever be good enough is down to how long he's given ( in that it will prove his worth one way or another) but as things stand it's not looking too good for him. 

• Like 2

Post to this effect has been made already too, but I've switched off emotion towards City as well. I didn't even watch today. Saw we went two-nil down and put my phone back in my pocket and carried on with my day.

I'm actually more alarmed at how little this has mattered to me. Liam Manning's style and persona is everything wrong with modern football, it's devoid of life and boring as ****. 

"I'll ******* bounce when we win something", wonder if I'll be able to take my pension by then. 

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Post to this effect has been made already too, but I've switched off emotion towards City as well. I didn't even watch today. Saw we went two-nil down and put my phone back in my pocket and carried on with my day.

I'm actually more alarmed at how little this has mattered to me. Liam Manning's style and persona is everything wrong with modern football, it's devoid of life and boring as ****. 

"I'll ******* bounce when we win something", wonder if I'll be able to take my pension by then. 

I expect to be dead by then!

• Haha 1

I've said this from day one, his first interview with us... uninspiring. 

I have never wanted a manager sacked from Bristol City. Not even when Pulis or Benny were in charge! I've always maintained that they know better than most and we should give them time. 

When a manager has been sacked, it's always been done before I believe they should have been. 

Most recently, Pearson. 

I give them the benefit of the doubt. Surely they know more about football than the rest of us? This Manning might just be the next Mourinho for all we know!

Then I listen to his first interview. 

Nothing has changed. It's still bland. Boring. Unexciting football/interviews.

I feel sorry for the players. 

23 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Comments about "the worst we've ever played" and "worst Manager ever" are mainly from people with the memory and attention span of a goldfish.  As to whether he'll ever be good enough is down to how long he's given ( in that it will prove his worth one way or another) but as things stand it's not looking too good for him. 

I suggested you failed your MOT last week, but maybe should suck that back a week on, because reading your whole post does feel that you’ve become resigned this has been a poor appointment  

However, I do disagree with the bit in bold. He’s already shown himself not good enough, we’ve moved into territory where  he now needs to justify he’s worth persevering with. Otherwise it’s the ‘insanity doing the same thing over and over’. 

I guess the large point I’m making is last week you and I were polar opposites, @Harry was very happy initially we appointed him, and posts this thread tonight, it really does seem today, LM has lost the fans. 

and I do have a long enough memory of some of our shit managers - Pulis, Osman, a few others but say to many more and you’ll then be painted with an agenda. I’m sorry but LM is up there because of how he is treating and speaking of the players publicly. He’s an ‘Everyone else but not me guv tosser’ which makes him the worst for me. 

Edited by 38MC