IGNORED

Just Back From WBA

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t know about you, but if my ultimate boss started showing up to my workplace to assess my performance I’d serve up the most turgid uninspiring shit I could.

Oh, that’s right I wouldn’t. Because I’m not an arsehole 

Oh I would, because I’m about to get hundreds of thousands out of him and then get a job in league one again because I managed in the championship 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The fact Steve Lansdown is back attending games says all we need to know. Said earlier in the week, him turning up at Swansea and Tinnion magically appearing on sound of the city the day after, scrambling and rattling through answers, have got to be linked. 

He didn’t choose to attend Cardiff away, went to the rugby instead, yet Pearson was sacked the day after. His reemergence stinks of “I don’t trust this lot, I need to involved again” which is probably pissing him off no end.

He pulled no punches when talking about our football under Holden, he’s probably aghast at what he’s watched over the last week.

Manning plus probably Tinnion are under a lot of pressure imo. 

So, like me, you think SOTC was Tins’ “get in there first” interview.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Wish I was back from WBA 😂

Currently sat at Temple Meads, having had my connecting train down to Devon, cancelled due to there being no train driver!!

As if my day couldn’t get any worse 🙈😡

Bummer mate!

Hope you get home safely.  👍

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think he’s absolutely under pressure. There are little tells of it everywhere, Tinnions tetchy interview, the little digs about the atmosphere, Liams excuses. People like to say the forum isn’t reflective of the fanbase - it absolutely is. Look anywhere. 

I still don’t hold any surety he sees the season out.

They will absolutely be bricking it if season ticket sales are significantly down on a like for like basis v last season by the time the Leicester game rolls around. So yeah, that could be an interesting weekend.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cheers Drive said:

People stayed specifically to boo. It was pretty depressing leaving to watch people just vent 

How we have regressed so far so quickly is my biggest concern.

Strange but, I felt rather sorry for Mark Sykes, he looked totally perplexed. There were a few giving it some serious ‘**** off’ and he took it quite personally I think. Not his fault obviously but you could see he was visibly upset about it all. 

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think he’s absolutely under pressure. There are little tells of it everywhere, Tinnions tetchy interview, the little digs about the atmosphere, Liams excuses. People like to say the forum isn’t reflective of the fanbase - it absolutely is. Look anywhere. 

I still don’t hold any surety he sees the season out.

Hes a dead man walking no doubt . As I’ve put on here a couple of times tonight though. Who would want the job . It doesn’t take much looking into to , to see we’re pretty unprofessional off the pitch . Tinnion is a laughing stock . Football is a small world , word gets about 

• Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They will absolutely be bricking it if season ticket sales are significantly down on a like for like basis v last season by the time the Leicester game rolls around. So yeah, that could be an interesting weekend.

I’ve never questioned myself re season tickets . I like all of us love the club . Every year , no doubt I renew . Always had a bit of a dislike for SL’s arrogance & decision making but shoved it to one side. Not now . There’s no way I’m renewing . I’m not withdrawing support for the badge but for the owners . They get no more of my money . 

• Like 7

Lansdown Snr should be worried. The form table is getting worse not better. Only 2 teams below us in the league table doing worse than us at the moment and one of those is Rotherham…

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

Given the fixtures coming up it’s hard to see where the next points are coming from. Suddenly those games against Blackburn and Huddersfield look huge. Get nothing from those 6-pointers and we are in big trouble. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr Balls said:

Lansdown Snr should be worried. The form table is getting worse not better. Only 2 teams below us in the league table doing worse than us at the moment and one of those is Rotherham…

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

Given the fixtures coming up it’s hard to see where the next points are coming from. Suddenly those games against Blackburn and Huddersfield look huge. Get nothing from those 6-pointers and we are in big trouble. 

Before beating Swansea I would agree but I think we’re ok this season. Next season though is a different matter. With manning in charge it’ll be 2013 all over again 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hes a dead man walking no doubt . As I’ve put on here a couple of times tonight though. Who would want the job . It doesn’t take much looking into to , to see we’re pretty unprofessional off the pitch . Tinnion is a laughing stock . Football is a small world , word gets about 

Indeed. Tinnion alone, he lacks the gravitas, the contacts, the experience, perhaps the intelligence shall I go on.  Probably a load of other shortcomings.

Mind you he isn't the only one.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Before beating Swansea I would agree but I think we’re ok this season. Next season though is a different matter. With manning in charge it’ll be 2013 all over again 

I think I’ve said before it’s actually more like 1994-95. The prior season was turgid and uninspired football but the cup games against Liverpool where we did play well gave a false position - but we were on marginally over a goal a game and the signs were there. They then followed through into the following season where we were shite.

I know Tinnion lives off nostalgia as opposed to competence. But reliving a relegation season is a step far too far…

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

He lacks the gravitas, the contacts, the experience, perhaps the intelligence shall I go on.

Mind you he isn't the only one.

This is it . We’re in trouble . If we had a a sound board of directors . A good competent CEO & director of football who most of us trusted, but had just made a poor choice of manager . Fine . They say ok we got this wrong .
After 20+ years of the lansdowns , things should be getting better but it’s not . Manning is the worst of a very long list of terrible football decisions . We’ve gone from Richard Gould to no CEO at all. I joked a few years ago that JL wouldn’t take over because he’s incompetent & has no credentials to run a club . Here we are though . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think I’ve said before it’s actually more like 1994-95. The prior season was turgid and uninspired football but the cup games against Liverpool where we did play well gave a false position - but we were on marginally over a goal a game and the signs were there. They then followed through into the following season where we were shite.

I know Tinnion lives off nostalgia as opposed to competence. But reliving a relegation season is a step far too far…

Apart from being completely drunk during the 90’s I also played Saturdays  so only went to night games . I can’t really remember it too much . Apart from pulis 😂

2 hours ago, FromeReds said:

Still on the train on the way home, same as most Saturdays under Manning, good day out ruined by boring football. 
The back four can defend, but haven’t got anything else going for us!!
Lots of Manning out chants today, and the odd “we want our Pearson back”.  
I stayed until the end, boos rang out, followed by more boos and abuse when the players came over to applied us (a few clapped back).

Don’t know where we go from here, crap under Manning, but wouldn’t trust the board to get the right man if he was sacked… would probably end up with BT until the end of the season!!! 

This is depressing to read but not unexpected.

If you’ve lost the away fans, arguably our most dedicated of supporters, you are totally, completely ******. 

Have some humility Lansdown. Admit you were wrong and get this charlatan gone. 

• Like 6

A very underwelming performance. Never heard any chants for pearson(not saying it didn't happen!) . Stayed till the end and had mixed reactions about some of the reactions from the travelling support. I was disappointed but how can people have a go at Twine.....! Manning is he out of his depth? He's not for me but hope he proves me wrong. And as I've had a dig at cornick recently, I thought he done OK today. 

On a personal note ended up sat by a belter today who commentate the whole game loudly. When will these people learn no one is interested in their football manager 24 opinions. UTC. Happy Sunday

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Brace yourself, because I think he’s under more pressure than a few on here think & so his masterplan is what we saw today & against Swansea.

Yes I don't think it's coincidence that SL is back in town. I sensed LM might have been gone if we lost to Swansea. He'll survive Leicester unless we get absolutely battered but after that he could and should be on borrowed time.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Brace yourself, because I think he’s under more pressure than a few on here think & so his masterplan is what we saw today & against Swansea.

Yes I don't think it's coincidence that SL is back in town. I sensed LM might have been gone if we lost to Swansea. He'll survive Leicester unless we get absolutely battered but after that he could and should be on borrowed time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Nice to see 5 of the boys out in the city centre celebrating a 2-0 loss in Flight Club with a few beers……

Who cares? They’re allowed to have a life outside of football. It’s their own free time. 

• Like 12