IGNORED

Just Back From WBA

6 hours ago, petehinton said:

The fact Steve Lansdown is back attending games says all we need to know. Said earlier in the week, him turning up at Swansea and Tinnion magically appearing on sound of the city the day after, scrambling and rattling through answers, have got to be linked. 

He didn’t choose to attend Cardiff away, went to the rugby instead, yet Pearson was sacked the day after. His reemergence stinks of “I don’t trust this lot, I need to involved again” which is probably pissing him off no end.

He pulled no punches when talking about our football under Holden, he’s probably aghast at what he’s watched over the last week.

Manning plus probably Tinnion are under a lot of pressure imo. 

I think Manning is virtually cooked & ready to be taken out of the oven.

If Tinnion doesn't join him then the whole thing is pointless.

What then do we do with Jon??!

This has the script makings of a rather good footballing sit-com ...

I'm cheering myself up by casting the above in my head 😆

Bet Lansdown has one ****** of a headache right now.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Son of Fred said:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I know it’s old news, but I still can’t believe we’ve sacked Nigel Pearson for this wet wipe.

We do not deserve success. Fans of course, but not the frauds running it.

Like you said they deserve everything they get. They deserve relegation the way they’ve gone about things. Unfortunately we are along for the ride. I fear the next couple of season if SL doesn’t hurry up and sort out OUR club. Not much hope for that I’m afraid. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Indeed. Tinnion alone, he lacks the gravitas, the contacts, the experience, perhaps the intelligence shall I go on.  Probably a load of other shortcomings.

Mind you he isn't the only one.

Indeed.

Right man perhaps, but wrong job.

A shame, nevertheless, that he appears to have tarnished his reputation once again.

I wonder seriously whether he regrets his decision to change roles, for he does appear to have a deep affinity with the club.

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

I'm cheering myself up by casting the above in my head 😆

Totally agree. Whatever people on here say about the club not admitting mistakes Stevie Boy will KNOW that he has stepped back and a bomb has gone off. He snipped the wrong ******* wire this time.

The worse this **** up gets the more it hits HIM in the sky rocket. He will be very close to the point where he realises doing nothing isn’t an option for him. Tinnion will be his biggest headache, someone he clearly likes but also someone totally lacking the qualifications and ability to successfully undertake his role.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is it . We’re in trouble . If we had a a sound board of directors . A good competent CEO & director of football who most of us trusted, but had just made a poor choice of manager . Fine . They say ok we got this wrong .
After 20+ years of the lansdowns , things should be getting better but it’s not . Manning is the worst of a very long list of terrible football decisions . We’ve gone from Richard Gould to no CEO at all. I joked a few years ago that JL wouldn’t take over because he’s incompetent & has no credentials to run a club . Here we are though . 

Disagree. Tinnion being donated his current position and the sackings around that trumps every single poor decision he’s ever made, by quite a distance too. Manning being appointed is only a symptom of that decision.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The next game is possibly the worst game the board and Liam could have. Massive unrest with performance and some chants for the ex manager and we play a team who absolutely idolise Pearson. I can only imagine what the collective chants in the ground may be.

I agree and thought this some months ago . So the performance will be everything to stop that happening . But the owner needs to hear some resentment rather than snoring. 

But we did best Southampton 3-0 ( 3-1)

Edited by RollsRoyce

8 hours ago, CityReds said:

Strange but, I felt rather sorry for Mark Sykes, he looked totally perplexed. There were a few giving it some serious ‘**** off’ and he took it quite personally I think. Not his fault obviously but you could see he was visibly upset about it all. 

This is why the venting needs to go to the people who created this mess . We have some good people playing for us and there is , in my view , no doubt they are suffering . You can see in their body language . They don’t want this either. 
After 2 weeks on the training pitch , the next home game will need a performance or it could be Manning and Tinnion’s last game . 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Jose said:

Like you said they deserve everything they get. They deserve relegation the way they’ve gone about things. Unfortunately we are along for the ride. I fear the next couple of season if SL doesn’t hurry up and sort out OUR club. Not much hope for that I’m afraid. 

I agree.

The really annoying thing is we avoided what was a pretty high chance of relegation with the screw ups in the last few years that Pearson sorted out. Now we've potentially brought one on  completely unnecessarily. Talk about pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. It's just beyond belief.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The next game is possibly the worst game the board and Liam could have. Massive unrest with performance and some chants for the ex manager and we play a team who absolutely idolise Pearson. I can only imagine what the collective chants in the ground may be.

“There’s only one Nigel Pearson……….”

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

The fact Steve Lansdown is back attending games says all we need to know. Said earlier in the week, him turning up at Swansea and Tinnion magically appearing on sound of the city the day after, scrambling and rattling through answers, have got to be linked. 

He didn’t choose to attend Cardiff away, went to the rugby instead, yet Pearson was sacked the day after. His reemergence stinks of “I don’t trust this lot, I need to involved again” which is probably pissing him off no end.

He pulled no punches when talking about our football under Holden, he’s probably aghast at what he’s watched over the last week.

Manning plus probably Tinnion are under a lot of pressure imo. 

I hate posts like this because they give me hope. It's not the despair,  I can stand the despair. It's the hope.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, North London Red said:

Which City player were they referring to (sorry if explained elsewhere and I’ve missed it)?

You’d assume TGH?

Their commentators seemed to dislike him too for some reason, but then they were horribly bias to their own so no surprise

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Totally agree. Whatever people on here say about the club not admitting mistakes Stevie Boy will KNOW that he has stepped back and a bomb has gone off. He snipped the wrong ******* wire this time.

The worse this **** up gets the more it hits HIM in the sky rocket. He will be very close to the point where he realises doing nothing isn’t an option for him. Tinnion will be his biggest headache, someone he clearly likes but also someone totally lacking the qualifications and ability to successfully undertake his role.

I also agree - and given Steve will know this wasn't seen as his appointment it won’t bother him in the slightest if he has to pull the trigger.

It’s only his own ego he worries about protecting, not other people’s. The only reason he kept Lee Johnson so long was because he knew that one was on him!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BCFC_95 said:

Nice to see 5 of the boys out in the city centre celebrating a 2-0 loss in Flight Club with a few beers……

If I had to play Binary Ball I would be getting wankered five nights a week….to forget not celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I also agree - and given Steve will know this wasn't seen as his appointment it won’t bother him in the slightest if he has to pull the trigger.

It’s only his own ego he worries about protecting, not other people’s. The only reason he kept Lee Johnson so long was because he knew that one was on him!

Sunday lunch at the Lansdowns

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

5 Live reporter, called the game 'anaemic' after 25 mins.

It’s a lot worse than that.

We’ve been on life support since Pearson’s dismissal.

Manning’s football has put the fans into an induced coma.

Everything within and around our club is atrophying due to the incompetence and stubborness of our owner and management team.

Our hierarchy is arrogant, not fit for purpose and has wilfully become completely detached from the fan base.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is it . We’re in trouble . If we had a a sound board of directors . A good competent CEO & director of football who most of us trusted, but had just made a poor choice of manager . Fine . They say ok we got this wrong .
After 20+ years of the lansdowns , things should be getting better but it’s not . Manning is the worst of a very long list of terrible football decisions . We’ve gone from Richard Gould to no CEO at all. I joked a few years ago that JL wouldn’t take over because he’s incompetent & has no credentials to run a club . Here we are though . 

Bristol City FC is the laughing stock of the Championship 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

A great point, and with two weeks now to wallow in our disappointment and anger it could be pretty unpleasant. If we are losing you can easily see our fans joining in with a Leicester started Nige chant. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

You just know it is going to be “There is only one Nigel Pearson” all around the ground - guaranteed!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Disagree. Tinnion being donated his current position and the sackings around that trumps every single poor decision he’s ever made, by quite a distance too. Manning being appointed is only a symptom of that decision.

True. That just highlights how inept the lansdowns are though . How can you possibly own a football club for over 20 years & still not know anything about the game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

You just know it is going to be “There is only one Nigel Pearson” all around the ground - guaranteed!

If I was Nige, I'd be doing everything I can to get to this game in some capacity whether as a pundit, special guest of the away team, or sat directly behind Steve and Jon throwing popcorn at them

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Roe said:

If I was Nige, I'd be doing everything I can to get to this game in some capacity whether as a pundit, special guest of the away team, or sat directly behind Steve and Jon throwing popcorn at them

i would feel sorry for him seeing what these pillocks have done to his team, wouldnt surprise me in the slightest tho if sky had him booked in ages ago for the pundit bit

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 3