IGNORED

5 defeats from 6

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Time to stop dining out on the Southampton win, both Sid and Manning need to go!!!

They didnt bring themselves here, the 2 at the top need to jog on and sell up; not going to happen anytime soon; clowns to the left of us jokers to the right and w`re stuck in the middle

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Im not going to Leicester game as im away ( thankfully 😂 ) but i’ll do the maths for you already - 6 from 7!

We’ve got enough time to get a new manager in before Leicester. 
But won’t. 
And I meant manager not another bloody trainee head coach just out of head coach school. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DaveF said:

You're making me want us to lose...

The only positive about today is nobody right near the bottom won. It’s comical we’re in that position. Todays result at Rotherham will be a bit of a hammer blow for Huddersfield and Brum are crashing as badly as we have. However, as things stand we are nailed on bottom 6 next season unless we do something about it.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

We’ve got enough time to get a new manager in before Leicester
But won’t. 
And I meant manager not another bloody trainee head coach just out of head coach school. 

Im not sure we have!! This lot take so bloody long to make their mind up i wouldnt bet on it! ( and they wont anyway ). 
Theyre really in the sh1t with this one with the way it was done and how things were said. JL has dug a very deep hole and in my mind will be throwing Tinnion into it first as the scapegoat.  
However, as the BCFC ‘cosy club’ is still going strong, its even more likely that Manning does go and BT is given the reigns again. 😂😂😂 imagine that!

Either way, if theyd have given Pearson the inkling of some £ and a bigger budget as they have for Liam, then i just dont think we’d have been in this mess. 
Pearson was no messiah, but he sorted the cosy club out, only for the cosy club to return and sh1t on him. 
Bad times.  🙄

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

What would it take for them to get rid of Manning? If we didn't win another game this season would even that be enough? I fear not.

Disagree. We all heard or know of the chants today and if they are repeated at the Gate then Tinnion will need to do something to save his own skin. Lose the next 2-3 and he’s gone especially if Leicester pump us.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

What would it take for them to get rid of Manning? If we didn't win another game this season would even that be enough? I fear not.

We would need to be able to turn back time and lose to Southampton. 

That win against Southampton have made him and Sid invincible. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Unfortunately I’ve got to agree as the top man, SL, won’t sack his son or Brian Tinnion. Without a big shake up at the top, with experienced professionals taking their place, nothing is really going to change. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So you don't disagree then that time is up? 

Ok, (i know i'm stupid) i'm going to respond.

Results and performances under Manning have been VERY mixed, but if we're all being honest, it was no different during Nige's 3 years in charge.

I have no idea how things are going to pan out under Manning but he deserves a summer to recruit some of his own players. If after 15 games next season there is no obvious improvement then questions can be asked, but give the guy a f****** chance!

He has been on the back foot with many fans since day one, but he's trying his best and deserves our support. Lets get behind the team and support the football club, and not individuals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 4

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d hoped so too but this seems to indicate he’s staying.

Being serious for a moment, if you can be serious re a Roy tweet, I heard there were mumblings of discontent pre-Swansea.  However I bet they were all patting each other on the back last Sunday.  But this one won’t go away.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Results and performances under Manning have been VERY mixed, but if we're all being honest, it was no different during Nige's 3 years in charge.

I have no idea how things are going to pan out under Manning but he deserves a summer to recruit some of his own players. If after 15 games next season there is no obvious improvement then questions can be asked, but give the guy a f****** chance!

He has been on the back foot with many fans since day one, but he's trying his best and deserves our support. Lets get behind the team and support the football club, and not individuals.

One word in response. RUBBISH

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Is it more cost effective to rip up another squad for a manager who hasn’t shown much promise, or get a manager in who’s style of play fits with our current squad?

Start of the season we seemed to be a creative player and a goal scorer away from genuinely challenging the top 6. If we’re going to persevere with Manning we need to change most of the squad to players who are much better retaining and using possession.

Edited by KegCity
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

If anyone out there has a vacancy going for circa £1.5m salary over the next three and a half years and is prepared to let me **** up their business to start with whilst I’m learning as long as I’m “doing my best” by all means drop me a DM…………

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 4

7 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

They were mixed under Manning but they seem to be mainly heading downwards now sadly.

More bad than good and increasingly so.

Under NP this season most weeks we looked cohesive. Under Manning of late not particularly. Had McCrorie not hit side netting v QPR maybe but really things are trending badly.

35 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Any manager that says they cannot affect the game once its inplay is not a manager, but a coach. Get him gone.

Edited by Ecko
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They were mixed under Manning but they seem to be mainly heading downwards now sadly.

Under NP this season most weeks we looked cohesive. Under Manning of late not particularly. Had McCrorie not hit side netting v QPR maybe but really things are trending badly.

Since Boxing Day results haven’t been “mixed” they’ve been sub-standard nailed on relegation results. That’s pretty much three months, not a cherry pick of a few games to exaggerate a point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I respect your posts Mr P so i will respond. As i said, i have no idea how Mannings tenure will pan out, but the huge negativity that is currently engulfing the club does not help anyone, most of all the management and players inside a toxic Ashton Gate.

Manning isn't stupid and he will know what he signed up for after Pearson was dismissed. I just feel he deserves some time.

I fully appreciate that i'm swimming against the tide with my thoughts, but i have been supporting the club for 40 years and i have seen many more downs than ups.

I just wish we could all get behind the team because it really can make a difference.

11 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Is it more cost effective to rip up another squad for a manager who hasn’t shown much promise, or get a manager in who’s style of play fits with our current squad?

Start of the season we seemed to be a creative player and a goal scorer away from genuinely challenging the top 6. If we’re going to persevere with Manning we need to change most of the squad to players who are much better retaining and using possession.

He’s made the cardinal sin of thinking his way was the right way to play and set about changing it.

Just imagine what he might’ve found out about this group of players if he’d didn’t some time, not weeks and weeks, just some time observing.

Might’ve saved himself a whole load of shit.  Might’ve learned how quickly to progress his changes.  Might’ve learned there might have been a compromise solution.  Etc, etc.

• Like 4