IGNORED

5 defeats from 6

5 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

I respect your posts Mr P so i will respond. As i said, i have no idea how Mannings tenure will pan out, but the huge negativity that is currently engulfing the club does not help anyone, most of all the management and players inside a toxic Ashton Gate.

Manning isn't stupid and he will know what he signed up for after Pearson was dismissed. I just feel he deserves some time.

I fully appreciate that i'm swimming against the tide with my thoughts, but i have been supporting the club for 40 years and i have seen many more downs than ups.

I just wish we could all get behind the team because it really can make a difference.

The problem is, what you are talking about is miguided loyalty imho.

I’ve been supporting this club for 60 years and have seen us with far worse squads of players in that time, but that isn’t our problem.

What’s killing us is the absolute shitshow behind the scenes and I’ve never witnessed anything as bad at the club before.

From the ridiculous sacking of NP and his team, the couldn’t give a **** anymore owner, totally incompetant Chairman, over promoted, arse kissing Technical Director and painfully out of his depth, robotic Head Coach and horrendous run of form and performance on the pitch, is it any wonder there’s ‘huge negativity’ on here??

As supporters, there’s a time to support the team and other times when the best action for the supporters is fire a massive rocket at the people behind the scenes who are responsible for dragging this club right down the crapper.

Happy clapping really doesn’t help in our current position imho and just prolongs the agony and damage.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Mendip City said:

We’ve got enough time to get a new manager in before Leicester. 
But won’t. 
And I meant manager not another bloody trainee head coach just out of head coach school. 

We'd be foolish to sack a manager and appoint a new one so quickly. Next appointment needs to be handled well and definitely not be the "up and coming" option. We need someome with experience at this level, someone who has good contacts so they can draw in better quality players and mostly, someone who can adapt to  changing situations and isn't steadfast in sticking to one plan. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nobody does, it just a trigger to talk about what we think might be going on.

Hierarchy and what is happening on the pitch.  I imagine hierarchy above Tinnion, ie Board / Owner.

I’ve heard the same - if what I have heard today is right, I  think he will be gone before the end of the season 

SL should know by now what his son can or cant do and probably heard the Tinnion debacle on monday.  watching results and reading reports such as sky saying we didnt have the skills to carve out clear opportunities surely would be enough to act. hes been very patient so far,

6 months of rubbish is a decent amount of time in my book,all playing time, to iron any problems out. its not happening in the slightest so if hes only slightly brighter than his son,he should act sooner rather than later to save what he can

SL has a record for giving managers (with one exception) both time and financial backing.

However when his patience runs out he has acted swiftly to make a change.

His problem this time is that we are talking about firing family, not a very palatable thing to do, and firing a club legend (who he has sacked before) with, dare I say, without having a recognised obvious replacement.

Who could take over immediately to steady the ship? Recent appointments higher up have been about business acumen not football acumen.

There isn’t anyone at the club who could step up with the possible exception of Scudamore who hovers around the periphery of the boardroom, possibly a temporary appointment as CEO?

The current situation cannot be allowed to continue, unless SL is prepared to risk spiralling downward. I believe he will act at Easter, defeat by Leicester and the subsequent unrest from fans will I hope lead to change.

If change doesn’t happen then I genuinely fear for our survival next season.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

We'd be foolish to sack a manager and appoint a new one so quickly. Next appointment needs to be handled well and definitely not be the "up and coming" option. We need someome with experience at this level, someone who has good contacts so they can draw in better quality players and mostly, someone who can adapt to  changing situations and isn't steadfast in sticking to one plan. 

There’s a short term option - Warnock. Not everyone’s cup of tea but he’d get some passion back into the players and stop them playing with fear and get them understanding their jobs… it’s football not rocket science despite LM’s bumbling nonsense. 
Then we could breath a sigh of relief and plan for the summer but, in my opinion, the rot needs to stop now. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mendip City said:

There’s a short term option - Warnock. Not everyone’s cup of tea but he’d get some passion back into the players and stop them playing with fear and get them understanding their jobs… it’s football not rocket science despite LM’s bumbling nonsense. 
Then we could breath a sigh of relief and plan for the summer but, in my opinion, the rot needs to stop now. 

I'd take him, bloke is a bell end in many rights but despite his age he still knows football and he still gets results. The only issue would be the board would never hire him, he has far too much self respect to be a yes man, he'd speak his piece to the board, they don't like that and he's also never going to be long term which is what the board seem to be trying to put in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

and matty james

Yeah but a lot of our fans say he's rubbish and only goes side to side. 

There is a reason we play better with him and it's not what he does with the ball, like most of the best midfielders, it's just as much what they do off of the ball. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mendip City said:

We’ve got enough time to get a new manager in before Leicester. 
But won’t. 
And I meant manager not another bloody trainee head coach just out of head coach school. 

Agree.

We definitely don't want another Liam "Coaching" Mann(ual)ing.

To get us out of this mess we need someone like Nigel Fearsome.

• Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah but a lot of our fans say he's rubbish and only goes side to side. 

There is a reason we play better with him and it's not what he does with the ball, like most of the best midfielders, it's just as much what they do off of the ball. 

As I rudely pointed out to someone yesterday who said - you only notice James when he’s not playing - “that is probably down to your lack of understanding of his role”.  I should’ve added “and football in general”. 🤭

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I'd take him, bloke is a bell end in many rights but despite his age he still knows football and he still gets results. The only issue would be the board would never hire him, he has far too much self respect to be a yes man, he'd speak his piece to the board, they don't like that and he's also never going to be long term which is what the board seem to be trying to put in place. 

Agree with all that, he’d be a common sense solution to the immediate issues… common sense being the problem. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Bit that’s what you get for dispensing  with an experienced manager and replacing him with an inexperienced coach. And the same could be said about sacking an experienced CEO and not replacing him at all, but instead relying on the son of the owner (one of only 2 board members and the other is the company accountant) and the development (academy) manager to cover that role. Nobody in their right mind would run a business big or small like that, so why has Lansdown Snr let it happen? 

You’re absolutely right and you’ve summarised it very well, as have many others, repeatedly. I’ve written practically identical posts myself. I’ve pretty much stopped now, because it’s become an absolutely futile exercise. We’re preaching to the converted: nobody else is listening. The only people who can do anything about it certainly aren’t.

I think a kind of paralysis has set in at the top:the classic rabbit in the headlights response, if you like. They’ve frozen and don’t know what to do. At some level they must know they’ve screwed up spectacularly, but are either in denial or cannot bring themselves to admit, perhaps not even to themselves, and certainly not publicly, that they’ve got it horribly, horribly wrong - again. And again, and again. SL, with his Bristol Sport vanity project and his blind insistence on handing huge responsibility to his sadly very limited son, who lacks the qualifications and experience required, has painted himself into a corner he can’t get out of. It’s like watching the proverbial car crash in slow motion.

I am becoming resigned to the possibility that it will only get turned around, if at all, by us all having to watch, helplessly, as the disaster unfolds, until the current ownership finally departs in disgrace, reputation in tatters, and a huge, bottom up rebuild commences. I hope I’m wrong, because if I’m not, I will, frankly, almost certainly be dead by the time it plays out and the story comes full circle.

Negative, defeatist, call it what you like, but those are not characteristics that I would normally associate with myself and over sixty years of support should be enough to demonstrate that I’m no quitter, but I cannot see how the present incumbents are going to reverse the trend, and neither can I see them letting go of control. I do, quite literally, despair.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

You’re absolutely right and you’ve summarised it very well, as have many others, repeatedly. I’ve written practically identical posts myself. I’ve pretty much stopped now, because it’s become an absolutely futile exercise. We’re preaching to the converted: nobody else is listening. The only people who can do anything about it certainly aren’t.

I think a kind of paralysis has set in at the top:the classic rabbit in the headlights response, if you like. They’ve frozen and don’t know what to do. At some level they must know they’ve screwed up spectacularly, but are either in denial or cannot bring themselves to admit, perhaps not even to themselves, and certainly not publicly, that they’ve got it horribly, horribly wrong - again. And again, and again. SL, with his Bristol Sport vanity project and his blind insistence on handing huge responsibility to his sadly very limited son, who lacks the qualifications and experience required, has painted himself into a corner he can’t get out of. It’s like watching the proverbial car crash in slow motion.

I am becoming resigned to the possibility that it will only get turned around, if at all, by us all having to watch, helplessly, as the disaster unfolds, until the current ownership finally departs in disgrace, reputation in tatters, and a huge, bottom up rebuild commences. I hope I’m wrong, because if I’m not, I will, frankly, almost certainly be dead by the time it plays out and the story comes full circle.

Negative, defeatist, call it what you like, but those are not characteristics that I would normally associate with myself and over sixty years of support should be enough to demonstrate that I’m no quitter, but I cannot see how the present incumbents are going to reverse the trend, and neither can I see them letting go of control. I do, quite literally, despair.

The important word that you have used is control. Trying to control a results-based business when you aren’t the one who knows best how to achieve the desired results. That’s most sports ownership in a nutshell.

The successful ones either head hunt someone who can do the proper oversight role as a CEO, or they have some background in the sport themselves so can anticipate issues and problems.

The current mess at the club is that having brought in experienced people into the 2 most important positions in the club, they have then managed to blow that by undermining and sacking them both in short succession. And worse still, appointing a novice replacement to one role, and not replacing the other, but over-promoting someone not suited to a role of that seniority.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

What would it take for them to get rid of Manning? If we didn't win another game this season would even that be enough? I fear not.

I might be wrong but I don't think the club will be as patient as many think. 

Don't get me wrong - I certainly think they will try to give Manning every change but I don't think there would be a repeat of the bloody-mindedness when Johnson lost ten on the spot.

I reckon Manning bought himself time with the performance at Ipswich and win against Swansea and I don't see him gone this side of Easter but I reckon he could be gone by the time we play Norwich if we fail to win any of our next five. That said, we are playing fairly inept teams so I suspect he will just about get the results he needs to stay in post but I don't think it is a given. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

As I rudely pointed out to someone yesterday who said - you only notice James when he’s not playing - “that is probably down to your lack of understanding of his role”.  I should’ve added “and football in general”. 🤭

Lots fall into that category Dave - not just the poster you were replying to.

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

His name is Sid. 

His name is Brian, you might not agree with the job hes doing, and this forum is the perfect place to discuss that, but you arent capable of respecting the guy that played 550 games for us. Its a pathetic comment just like most others you make on this forum.

12 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

His name is Brian, you might not agree with the job hes doing, and this forum is the perfect place to discuss that, but you arent capable of respecting the guy that played 550 games for us. Its a pathetic comment just like most others you make on this forum.

He played most of his games for us in what is now league one. Decent but the only reason he stayed here for so long was because of family. 

He then snaked his way into the managers job which was an epic failure. He put himself 1st. 

He then snaked his way into a technical director role where he is completely out of his depth, once again putting himself first. 

Yea you can forget about any respect from me. 

As for pathetic comments, it's ironic you say that whilst making one. 

• Flames 1