IGNORED

5 defeats from 6

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Since Boxing Day results haven’t been “mixed” they’ve been sub-standard nailed on relegation results. That’s pretty much three months, not a cherry pick of a few games to exaggerate a point.

Sorry no I mean performances for a time were mixed.

Results have been dreadful, I'd argue since Millwall at Home. Birmingham Away, well mediocre draw provided you back up with 4 pts minimum from the Millwall and Preston games then you can live with it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Being serious for a moment, if you can be serious re a Roy tweet, I heard there were mumblings of discontent pre-Swansea.  However I bet they were all patting each other on the back last Sunday.  But this one won’t go away.

We're just delaying the inevitable now Dave. 

Yea we may get a decent result from time to time but those results just paper over the cracks. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Ok, (i know i'm stupid) i'm going to respond.

Results and performances under Manning have been VERY mixed, but if we're all being honest, it was no different during Nige's 3 years in charge.

I have no idea how things are going to pan out under Manning but he deserves a summer to recruit some of his own players. If after 15 games next season there is no obvious improvement then questions can be asked, but give the guy a f****** chance!

He has been on the back foot with many fans since day one, but he's trying his best and deserves our support. Lets get behind the team and support the football club, and not individuals.

Mrs manning is that you ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d hoped so too but this seems to indicate he’s staying.

Why does anyone take this meat head seriously - he simply reads the forum and tweats what most people want to hear for clicks or fame or goodness knows what (see the Lampard as Manager thread for evidence).

• Thanks 1

We are gonna be in a relegation fight, its sneaking right up on us. What a joke. With a top 6 squad and top 10 budget. Who would of thought it?.... EVERYONE other than the people that run the club. Total sh!t show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They were mixed under Manning but they seem to be mainly heading downwards now sadly.

More bad than good and increasingly so.

Under NP this season most weeks we looked cohesive. Under Manning of late not particularly. Had McCrorie not hit side netting v QPR maybe but really things are trending badly.

And under Pearson I never felt players were hiding, confused, going missing. I can’t say that now. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If anyone out there has a vacancy going for circa £1.5m salary over the next three and a half years and is prepared to let me **** up their business to start with whilst I’m learning as long as I’m “doing my best” by all means drop me a DM…………

I might have something for you but can you fit I with the business’s blame culture and charisma-free policy? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, noize said:

We are gonna be in a relegation fight, its sneaking right up on us. What a joke. With a top 6 squad and top 10 budget. Who would of thought it?.... EVERYONE other than the people that run the club. Total sh!t show.

We've possibly already got enough points to survive, maybe one more win needed... Would be remarkable if we went down.

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Im not sure we have!! This lot take so bloody long to make their mind up i wouldnt bet on it! ( and they wont anyway ). 
Theyre really in the sh1t with this one with the way it was done and how things were said. JL has dug a very deep hole and in my mind will be throwing Tinnion into it first as the scapegoat.  
However, as the BCFC ‘cosy club’ is still going strong, its even more likely that Manning does go and BT is given the reigns again. 😂😂😂 imagine that!

Either way, if theyd have given Pearson the inkling of some £ and a bigger budget as they have for Liam, then i just dont think we’d have been in this mess. 
Pearson was no messiah, but he sorted the cosy club out, only for the cosy club to return and sh1t on him. 
Bad times.  🙄

Get Cotts.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Being serious for a moment, if you can be serious re a Roy tweet, I heard there were mumblings of discontent pre-Swansea.  However I bet they were all patting each other on the back last Sunday.  But this one won’t go away.

Discontent between whom, Dave?

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

58 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Results and performances under Manning have been VERY mixed, but if we're all being honest, it was no different during Nige's 3 years in charge.

I have no idea how things are going to pan out under Manning but he deserves a summer to recruit some of his own players. If after 15 games next season there is no obvious improvement then questions can be asked, but give the guy a f****** chance!

He has been on the back foot with many fans since day one, but he's trying his best and deserves our support. Lets get behind the team and support the football club, and not individuals.

Agree with getting behind the team but you must be joking about letting Manning or any other possession  based coach build a squad for a suicide mission in this division for Bcfc. It’s not Manning there isn’t a coach who could make that work with our budget in this division .

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Dont feel stupid about posting something, nothing wrong with an opinion.

I don’t doubt for one minute that the current management team are trying hard and clearly Manning’s own ethos is to work hard to try to turn his own fortunes around but sometimes hard work is not enough almost to the point of futility, whatever he’s trying to do is not working.

The cohesiveness and fight that team had under the previous manager has gone, players have regressed, game management is non existent, the ability of change tack is missing (although this was one of my criticisms of NP, he was always about 10-15 mins too late to make changes), and I’d previously thought I’d seen some improvement in our play and had previously defended LM in the start of his City career.

It’s really difficult to identify any positive now under this regime, and certainly nothing where you’d have thought the he deserves or has earned more time, he’s had his chance and been found wanting. Time to go.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Why does anyone take this meat head seriously - he simply reads the forum and tweats what most people want to hear for clicks or fame or goodness knows what (see the Lampard as Manager thread for evidence).

Nobody does, it just a trigger to talk about what we think might be going on.

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

Hierarchy and what is happening on the pitch.  I imagine hierarchy above Tinnion, ie Board / Owner.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

And under Pearson I never felt players were hiding, confused, going missing. I can’t say that now. 

This is it. We weren't always entertaining, sometimes awful TBF but, we were competitive, had a togetherness and united purpose. It was slow but I could see the direction of travel.

Never has a manager had such a firm foundation and dismantled it so quickly. Bickering and arguing on the pitch after and during games.

In the early days I saw positive signs albeit without results we were evolving. I now don't care if he stays or goes. If I didn't already have tickets for Leicester I'd have seen my last game for the season today 

Edited by Cheers Drive
Mistake
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Get Cotts.

Only him and Nige have ever been of the ‘aggressive’ nature of manager weve had in my lifetime. All

others have been from the cosy club or ‘nice humans’. 

SL clearly doesnt like the nasty ones as theyll not be told what to do. 

• Like 1

Just now, nickolas said:

Only him and Nige have ever been of the ‘aggressive’ nature of manager weve had in my lifetime. All

others have been from the cosy club or ‘nice humans’. 

SL clearly doesnt like the nasty ones as theyll not be told what to do. 

GJ did okay..for the most part.

I think he was a bit more robust than Manning or his son, or some of the other younger ones.

Somewhere between the 2 categories perhaps. However he cleared out certain players.

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

Are you serious??

- Pearson inherited an unbalanced squad

- He had a number of bad apples and over paid underperforming players had to be managed out

- The club had massive financial issues to resolve due to the previous management regime so limited budget for transfer with the exception of OOC players and the odd transfer fee

Manning has inherited a good set of pros, his job is to improve the performance of these players. I have seen no sign of improvement, 11 points from 11 games. We are going backwards. #manningout

• Like 8

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

Dont feel stupid about posting something, nothing wrong with an opinion.

I don’t doubt for one minute that the current management team are trying hard and clearly Manning’s own ethos is to work hard to try to turn his own fortunes around but sometimes hard work is not enough almost to the point of futility, whatever he’s trying to do is not working.

The cohesiveness and fight that team had under the previous manager has gone, players have regressed, game management is non existent, the ability of change tack is missing (although this was one of my criticisms of NP, he was always about 10-15 mins too late to make changes), and I’d previously thought I’d seen some improvement in our play and had previously defended LM in the start of his City career.

It’s really difficult to identify any positive now under this regime, and certainly nothing where you’d have thought the he deserves or has earned more time, he’s had his chance and been found wanting. Time to go.

But anyone with more than 10 minutes of management training knows that working harder rarely achieves much, it’s working smarter that’s far more effective. And from what we have seen from Manning, thinking and working smart just isn’t happening.

Doing something just because you have a read a book on tactics and seen a top coach with the best players and decidedly dodgy, but massive, funding play that way successfully, does not mean that you can do the same in a lower division, with a set of players that clearly don’t suit that way of playing plus far less cash to splash. That’s definitely not smart. In fact, it’s the complete opposite and it’s also extremely unlikely to be successful, as we have now all seen.

Bit that’s what you get for dispensing  with an experienced manager and replacing him with an inexperienced coach. And the same could be said about sacking an experienced CEO and not replacing him at all, but instead relying on the son of the owner (one of only 2 board members and the other is the company accountant) and the development (academy) manager to cover that role. Nobody in their right mind would run a business big or small like that, so why has Lansdown Snr let it happen? 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nobody does, it just a trigger to talk about what we think might be going on.

Hierarchy and what is happening on the pitch.  I imagine hierarchy above Tinnion, ie Board / Owner.

Let's be honest Dave it may aswell read 6 defeats from 6 cos that Swansea game was absolutely shite. 

I believe Steve was at both games? 

Our only hope is that Steve takes the decision our of his sons hands. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Let's be honest Dave it may aswell read 6 defeats from 6 cos that Swansea game was absolutely shite. 

I believe Steve was at both games? 

Our only hope is 

I’m also hoping the lack of interest in that game might trigger something. I’ve never seen AG that empty at this level.

5 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

I have no idea how things are going to pan out under Manning but he deserves a summer to recruit some of his own players.

We’ve already got Top 6 quality squad, so actually no. He doesn’t.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mason said:

They didnt bring themselves here, the 2 at the top need to jog on and sell up; not going to happen anytime soon; clowns to the left of us jokers to the right and w`re stuck in the middle

I think you will find that we are actually stuck at the bottom. 

We are just plebs.

But now, we have gone from the owners treating us like that, to Tinnion (whatever the **** his undeserved title is), and the robot arrogant 'head coach' doing it as well. 

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!... 

... just rise up and get the lot of the ****holes out! 🙏🙏🙏