IGNORED

FBC Podcast: WBA [A] the verdict ... no points, no emotion, not unexpected [the result]!

headhunter

Ian, Mark, and DaveP discuss this afternoon's match action.

Was half tempted to write "no idea" but would that have been harsh?

We’re not very good and neither, it would seem. are any of the teams below us in the table! Birmingham, Sheff Wed., Plymouth and Stoke all lost while the other 3 dog eat dog games produced three 0-0 draws.

There will,  it must seem now, little chance of a flurry of decent performances between now and the end of the season and if we maintain our current levels a final placing in the range 17th-19th looks likely.

Will we achieve a best in 4 seasons no of wins with the 3 needed to achieve that, probably not and with it the chance of equalling last season’s points tally.

Its not good and I think it more than likely that a fair number of season ticketholders won’t be renewing between now & August unless something earth shattering happens behind the scenes.

• Like 1

I liked Marks synopsis of the first goal, however what Mr Manning was referring to in his post match was the cross field pass that was cut out. From Knight I think. 

This I think is key. Our players fear making a mistake and play that way…!

Happy Birthday @headhunter

Seems Mr Gay is avoiding the comments lately, which is a good thing, or is it because he logs in via twitter (now private) so can't comment via the platform / YouTube anyway?

Also notice he's less LM fanboy, seems to think our squad is very poor, I thought he was on board with best squad in years when NP left, I maybe wrong though.

Keep it up guys x

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chowie said:

Seems Mr Gay is avoiding the comments lately, which is a good thing, or is it because he logs in via twitter (now private) so can't comment via the platform / YouTube anyway?

Also notice he's less LM fanboy, seems to think our squad is very poor, I thought he was on board with best squad in years when NP left, I maybe wrong though.

Keep it up guys x

He’s backtracking quicker that LM instructs our front-4 to retreat into a block!

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, chowie said:

Keep it up guys x

Who is running recruitment for this “poor” squad then?

Isn’t it his mate?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Good pod but a bizarre chunk of it wondering why Twine didn’t start. Everyone saying they couldn’t understand it. Clearly he isn’t fit for more than half an hour 

Surely start with your best rather than come on having to chase the game at 0-2 down and push harder?

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Surely start with your best rather than come on having to chase the game at 0-2 down and push harder?

I cannot recall any manager in the game playing their semi fit players for the first half an hour and not the last half an hour. Probably a reason for that 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I cannot recall any manager in the game playing their semi fit players for the first half an hour and not the last half an hour. Probably a reason for that 

Start a poll. Might agree for a defender but not if you want fast front foot football from the off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Start a poll. Might agree for a defender but not if you want fast front foot football from the off.

Well, either every professional manager is right or they are all wrong.  I would assume the reason is a half fit player is going to be better against a more tired opposition. Maybe there are other reasons.  If some managers played their half fit players for the first half hour and some for the last half hour it might be worthy of debate 

59 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

He can see what’s coming and is trying to save face.

💥💥💥

48 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Looks like Ian has decided he needs to protect his mate Tinnion so is now going to through Manning under the bus it's very funny to watch this change in position from him 

💥💥💥

+++++

He was revising history re Nige again yesterday.

57 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Looks like Ian has decided he needs to protect his mate Tinnion so is now going to through Manning under the bus it's very funny to watch this change in position from him 

I think I heard Ian say that Tinnion had nothing to do with the appointment of Manning. I’m normally defender of Ian but that has to be nonsense. How the hell can the most senior football person at the club not be involved. In fact I’d probably put money on that Tinnion was instrumental in identifying Manning to the board. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I think I heard Ian say that Tinnion had nothing to do with the appointment of Manning. I’m normally defender of Ian but that has to be nonsense. How the hell can the most senior football person at the club not be involved. In fact I’d probably put money on that Tinnion was instrumental in identifying Manning to the board. 

Of course he was involved. He indicated such on his SOTC car crash. And as I said yesterday, whatever people think Tinnion is/isnt responsible for the one absolute is that as the football man in the hierarchy it was his job to do the due diligence on Manning, and he failed spectacularly.

And now both Tinnion and Manning know they’re under pressure and one or both of them are likely to go. So you’ll see a lot of things like Ian changing tack as it’s now about survival for them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Of course he was involved. He indicated such on his SOTC car crash. And as I said yesterday, whatever people think Tinnion is/isnt responsible for the one absolute is that as the football man in the hierarchy it was his job to do the due diligence on Manning, and he failed spectacularly.

And now both Tinnion and Manning know they’re under pressure and one or both of them are likely to go. So you’ll see a lot of things like Ian changing tack as it’s now about survival for them.

He did, he name-checked Richard Keogh on Radio Bristol at the time of the appointment! That's the level we are at. 

2 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

I called him out on that on the recent pod I was on, where he claimed the same. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

And quelle surprise Tins admitted it. 

2 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Tinnion himself said he was involved, and spoke to some of Mannings ex players. (I seem to recall Richard Keogh  as one, but not sure if he crossed paths with Manning at MKD)

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

💥💥💥

💥💥💥

+++++

He was revising history re Nige again yesterday.

I think they all did at one time or other in this episode. Still, after all that has gone on, none of them 'get it.'

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

Tinnion himself said he was involved, and spoke to some of Mannings ex players. (I seem to recall Richard Keogh  as one, but not sure if he crossed paths with Manning at MKD)

Yes, paths didn’t cross at MKD

I can’t believe Pearson not bringing in expensive Premier League loans is still being wilfully misunderstood as if it was just Nige being stubbornly against them.

He explained numerous times why he felt they didn’t benefit the club at that stage while we were operating under austerity measures. Richard Gould (backed up by Brian Tinnion!) at the Hen and Chicken Fans Forum explained why it was club policy that we wouldn’t be pursuing them at that time. 

I accept it wasn’t the point, but mentioning Tammy Abraham made me laugh. If you think he’d score any goals in this anti football team Liam Manning coaches you’d be mistaken.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 4
  • Robin 2

3 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I can’t believe Pearson not bringing in expensive Premier League loans is still being wilfully misunderstood as if it was just Nige being stubbornly against them.

He explained numerous times why he felt they didn’t benefit the club at that stage while we were operating under austerity measures. Richard Gould (backed up by Brian Tinnion!) at the Hen and Chicken Fans Forum explained why it was club policy that we wouldn’t be pursuing them at that time. 

I accept it wasn’t the point, but mentioning Tammy Abraham made me laugh. If you think he’d score any goals in this anti football team Liam Manning coaches you’d be mistaken.

Incredulous isn’t it!

39 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Don’t know what you mean.

There are literally hundreds of teenagers out there that Prem sides are desperate to loan out to us who would score 23 goals in 40 starts in their first season of league football at Championship level.

I expect the list of suggested names of them must have taken up about half of the show.

Edited by GrahamC