IGNORED

FBC Podcast: WBA [A] the verdict ... no points, no emotion, not unexpected [the result]!

headhunter

20 hours ago, chowie said:

Happy Birthday @headhunter

Seems Mr Gay is avoiding the comments lately, which is a good thing, or is it because he logs in via twitter (now private) so can't comment via the platform / YouTube anyway?

Also notice he's less LM fanboy, seems to think our squad is very poor, I thought he was on board with best squad in years when NP left, I maybe wrong though.

Keep it up guys x

Exactly this. In my mind, There’s been a definite cutting of the apron strings by Ian in this one. He even had a couple of good things to say about NP. Stating that he was good at lowering expectations. Although I’m sure we heard moaning about that at the time 😂

I wonder if he knows something and is slowly disconnecting from the LM camp. Still maybe I’m looking into that too much?

• Flames 1

Bloke on podcast obviously being "fed" by club (it's not even a discussion). Bloke on podcast robustly supports manager despite shite results. Bloke on podcast even accuses fans of "wanting him to fail". More poor performances follow. Bloke on podcast being fed by the club previously defending the manager to the hilt suddenly goes a bit cool on the manager.

You don't need to be Einstein to work it out. The fact that Teck Boy has such loose lips is yet another reason, of many, that I would fire him if I was in charge.

• Like 4

What was the purpose of Ian trying to say that Tinnion is only in charge of the academy and recruitment? He doesn't actually believe that does he? 

Ian comes across as a smart guy so it's totally bonkers that he doesn't understand the role of a technical director which is essentially the head of all footballing operations. 

35 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What was the purpose of Ian trying to say that Tinnion is only in charge of the academy and recruitment? He doesn't actually believe that does he? 

Ian comes across as a smart guy so it's totally bonkers that he doesn't understand the role of a technical director which is essentially the head of all footballing operations. 

Amazing what you’ll say to be ITK.

FWIW, we don’t really know Tinnion’s role remit anymore.

We’ve not had an update (iirc) since 20th September when PA had gone and NP was still here.

image.thumb.jpeg.9b0cda808ddd9b7421c894462b8380dc.jpeg

Brian Tinnion is however more than Recruitment and Academy, that is clear.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Amazing what you’ll say to be ITK.

FWIW, we don’t really know Tinnion’s role remit anymore.

We’ve not had an update (iirc) since 20th September when PA had gone and NP was still here.

image.thumb.jpeg.9b0cda808ddd9b7421c894462b8380dc.jpeg

Brian Tinnion is however more than Recruitment and Academy, that is clear.

"Oversee the footballing decisions" 

Which totally goes against the limited role IG tried to say that BT has. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, paths didn’t cross at MKD

“I think the person he is, that won’t be an issue,” Tinnion said. “He’s a good person and he’ll get that respect. I’ve spoken to Richard Keogh who was at MK Dons, and he said he was fantastic. I spoke to Richard during the process, when he was identified and he spoke really, really highly of him. "

I am as confused as you are now. Keogh joined Huddersfield on the 19 th Jan 21 , Manning joined in August 21. 

This is quite astounding , he spoke to a player who as at MK Dons, but not when Manning was there. 

No wonder our due dilligence was wrong 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

I think I heard Ian say that Tinnion had nothing to do with the appointment of Manning. I’m normally defender of Ian but that has to be nonsense. How the hell can the most senior football person at the club not be involved. In fact I’d probably put money on that Tinnion was instrumental in identifying Manning to the board. 

This interview makes it very clear Tinnion was involved. It is also pretty clear that what Tinnion thought Manning was, and has been proven to be far from the reality. We did not do our due dilligence. I remain very confused about Tinnion stating he spoke with Richard Keogh about Manning, as it would appear that Mannng arrived 8 months after Keogh had left MK Dons . This may explain a lot. Are the published dates wrong? Did Keogh ever work with Manning at MK Dons (he certainly never played a game for Manning). Was Keogh on a wind up to Tinnion? Am I missing an element here? 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-transfers-liam-manning-8894446

3 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

This interview makes it very clear Tinnion was involved. It is also pretty clear that what Tinnion thought Manning was, and has been proven to be far from the reality. We did not do our due dilligence. I remain very confused about Tinnion stating he spoke with Richard Keogh about Manning, as it would appear that Mannng arrived 8 months after Keogh had left MK Dons . This may explain a lot. Are the published dates wrong? Did Keogh ever work with Manning at MK Dons (he certainly never played a game for Manning). Was Keogh on a wind up to Tinnion? Am I missing an element here? 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-transfers-liam-manning-8894446

It's totally out of character for Tinnion to tell a porkie! 🤣

55 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

"Oversee the footballing decisions" 

Which totally goes against the limited role IG tried to say that BT has. 

Yes, he will keep pedalling “false facts” in case they go unchallenged and stick.  It’s his MO.  I wouldn’t have any problem if he said with a bit of humility that it’s his opinion, but it’s the declaration of fact.  In the case of the Tins stuff he’s being fed a nice little line and repeating it without even wondering if it’s true.

20 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

“I think the person he is, that won’t be an issue,” Tinnion said. “He’s a good person and he’ll get that respect. I’ve spoken to Richard Keogh who was at MK Dons, and he said he was fantastic. I spoke to Richard during the process, when he was identified and he spoke really, really highly of him. "

I am as confused as you are now. Keogh joined Huddersfield on the 19 th Jan 21 , Manning joined in August 21. 

This is quite astounding , he spoke to a player who as at MK Dons, but not when Manning was there. 

No wonder our due dilligence was wrong 

Yep, crazy.

But this is a club who had Rob Edwards on (the top of) their list whilst he was at FGR.  Now, he would fit most of the “front foot, high press, forward thinking, attacking football brief” from how FGR played, had a decent playing pedigree too.  So I’m confused how they also have Liam Manning on their list too.

Well, actually I’m not, they’ve just applied a “young head-coach” filter to a long list, ranked them in likelihood of being available and gone from there.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Well, actually I’m not, they’ve just applied a “young head-coach” filter to a long list, ranked them in likelihood of being available and gone from there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they wacked on FM, searched for Managers in england and set a “40>x” age filter, and that was their candidate list done and dusted. 

So all of what Ian has been saying in recent weeks about an over-reacting OTIB forum and yet now he’s as mystified as they over-reacting OTIB posters….”Don’t care who the manager is anymore” 🤣

The smartest thing Ian can do now is to disassociate himself from his unwavering allegiance to Tinnion whilst he still can.

Some overreacting OTIB posters could only see the ridiculous dismissal of Pearson going horribly wrong for the club and I’m sure that quite a number of those who felt he had taken us as far as he could would have felt more comfortable with him seeing the season out rather than the current manager.

Our loyal supporters at The Hawthorns singing “We’re ******* shit”

and now Ian Gay throwing Manning under the bus.

It could only be worse if we finish the season in the bottom 3 and go down.

I’ll take being an over-reacting supporter all day long and I certainly won’t take delight in saying “Told you so” but it’s beginning to look like reality and it’s really hard to witness the incomprehensible and needless self-sabotage which has undone 3 years of damn hard work to resolve the complete mess that had been created by bad decisions of the past.

The sacking of Nigel Pearson and replacement with a bloke who needs to ‘learn on the job’ has to be one of this clubs worst decisions in recent history.

Utterly, utterly, despairingly and deludedly idiotic!!!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

The sacking of Nigel Pearson and replacement with a bloke who needs to ‘learn on the job’ has to be one of this clubs worst decisions in recent history.

Utterly, utterly, dispairingly and deludedly idiotic!!!

Happy If You Say So GIF

• Haha 2

I can’t believe no one picked up Ian completely changing his position on Manning. Without Neil, Tom and @Davefevs on there, he really does get free reign.

@headhunter could you ask Ian what happened to his mate Brian coming on the podcast? He was quite happy to put down Gavin Marshall for telling him he would come in but not following through.

Just a few observations;

Firstly fair play @headhunter for your commitment to this podcast even on your birthday weekend.

Secondly did Ian seriously say about Mebude that he was someone we could bring in “on a free”? Westerlo paid a million for him, they might have realised their error already but no way are they suddenly giving him away.

Also he was disingenuous on the injury issue, the Cardiff game aside it was significantly better over time during Pearson’s spell, especially once you exclude the 2 players understandably missing through ACL injuries. He was spot on re Naismith though.

There are a significant number of squad players with very decent availability records, our greater problem here is running 2 senior players light.

Edited by GrahamC

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just a few observations;

Firstly fair play @headhunter for your commitment to this podcast even on your birthday weekend.

Secondly did Ian seriously say about Mebude that he was someone we could bring in “on a free”? Westerlo paid a million for him, they might have realised their error already but no way are they suddenly giving him away.

Also he was disingenuous on the injury issue, the Cardiff game aside it was significantly better over time during Pearson’s spell, especially once you exclude the 2 players understandably missing through ACL injuries. He was spot on re Naismith though.

There are a significant number of squad players with very decent availability records, our greater problem here is running 2 senior players light.

I made several text comments during the pod, and that was one I definitely referenced!! 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I can’t believe no one picked up Ian completely changing his position on Manning. Without Neil, Tom and @Davefevs on there, he really does get free reign.

@headhunter could you ask Ian what happened to his mate Brian coming on the podcast? He was quite happy to put down Gavin Marshall for telling him he would come in but not following through.

Did Gavin Marshall make an appearance in the end btw or is that still pending?