IGNORED

If you want Tinnion and Manning to go then.....

I'll renew. I don't class myself as a super fan, but its my club, irrespective of the team/coach/board.

Someone the other day said that not going had improved their mental health.  I'm lucky that I don't have any health issues, but the 90 mins at Ashton Gate is 1 of the few times I completely switch off & am just in the moment. Even when it's rubbish, it's only football & not stressful compared to other things in life.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, marmite said:

If 2000 don't renew at £500 each SL will lose a million quid. 

If Manning stays and wastes his war chest it could cost him 20 million quid. 

Not rocket science Steve. 

It's all just pocket money to a man of his vast wealth.

it's his pride that gets continually battered!

• Like 1

When you keep losing, people start to lose interest.  When you keep losing because you are not even trying to win, people just give up.

With the current ownership and management, you can only see things going in one direction which is why the fans and even the players seem to have lost belief.  There doesn't even see much hope to fall back on either.

As others have said, SL will not listen until he sees the outcome in his back pocket, which is why 2 more of us won't be renewing for next year. The board can give Manning as much time as they want, but we have decided that we won't be paying to watch it.  The bloke is clearly way out of his depth and that translates into performances, motivation and belief.

There are much cheaper and more enjoyable ways of wasting your life.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Don't renew your season ticket until they are dismissed.

No-one will take your seat, as I'm pretty sure there won't be a queue to watch another year of this rubbish!

Make SL take notice.

The only way he will be forced to act is if people DO NOT RENEW until those two are sacked.

I guarantee you if only 4-5000 people renew in the first month after tix go on sale, SL will show both of them the door.

What's it come to - we used to gather in the players car park and surround the staff entrance, vent our feelings and force all of them to listen. Chanted at matches for change. The paper and radio would be swamped.

I get that times change - so apparently the only thing Stephen Lansdown will react to is a hit to his back pocket.

So don't renew.

I was discussing on here a while ago that although I was totally pissed off with how things are at the club, I didn’t want to risk losing my seat by not renewing.

My mindset is now changing.  It’s like when a relationship and trust has totally broken down …… would you still want to be with that person??

As Lansdown senior is the one pulling all the strings and has virtually made himself part of the club, I’m feeling like my relationship with the club is breaking down, in the same way as a relationship with a person can.

I’ve got no urge to renew for next season as it stands and if nothing changes by renewal deadline day, that’ll be me out for next year.

If Lansdown wants to totally destroy his expensive toy, I sure as hell don’t want to be supporting and witnessing that happening.

If enough of us hit him in the pocket, let’s hope that brings him to his senses and in the best case scenario, he sells up and ***** off.  I just can’t see a situation where I’ll ever trust him again.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

If enough of us hit him in the pocket, let’s hope that brings him to his senses 

He's still worth £1.2bn. We could play to an empty stadium and he can still make money elsewhere faster than he'd lose it on BCFC.

It's the ego that will be hit, not the pocket.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marmite said:

If 2000 don't renew at £500 each SL will lose a million quid. 

If Manning stays and wastes his war chest it could cost him 20 million quid. 

Not rocket science Steve. 

SL won't lose anything.
The club's budget will lose the million.
You see, it's a double edged sword. Whilst I fully agree that withholding your season ticket renewal sends a message, and a powerful one at that, such is the decline in SL's interest in the club, it means he won't underwrite the losses like he used to. I think he will simply order the clubs playing budget to be adjusted accordingly. When we then clamour for quality signings, they will simply say there is insufficient money in the budget to accommodate those signings and we'll be back to bargain basement freebies.
I think the supposed war chest people speak of is a red herring, certainly in terms of transfers. I think the bulk of it will be used to offset losses. We may get the quality forward we've been promised and one or two others but anyone who thinks we've got a transfer fighting fund of £25m is, frankly deluded.
I don't have a season ticket as work patterns prevent me from going regularly but if I did, I'd be renewing but demonstrating. Or, just not going. Anything really, but withholding the money the club needs badly to compete is understandable but ill-judged imho.
Neither Tinnion or the Lansdowns are going anywhere soon which is the real crux of the problem. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

He's still worth £1.2bn. We could play to an empty stadium and he can still make money elsewhere faster than he'd lose it on BCFC.

It's the ego that will be hit, not the pocket.

That’ll do for me, as long as the arrogant b*stard gets the message, one way or the other!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

I'll renew. I don't class myself as a super fan, but its my club, irrespective of the team/coach/board.

Someone the other day said that not going had improved their mental health.  I'm lucky that I don't have any health issues, but the 90 mins at Ashton Gate is 1 of the few times I completely switch off & am just in the moment. Even when it's rubbish, it's only football & not stressful compared to other things in life.

Very admirable and good for you.

However, I suspect our so-called "front foot football" may have been sending you to sleep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philly The Kid said:

SL won't lose anything.
The club's budget will lose the million.
You see, it's a double edged sword. Whilst I fully agree that withholding your season ticket renewal sends a message, and a powerful one at that, such is the decline in SL's interest in the club, it means he won't underwrite the losses like he used to. I think he will simply order the clubs playing budget to be adjusted accordingly. When we then clamour for quality signings, they will simply say there is insufficient money in the budget to accommodate those signings and we'll be back to bargain basement freebies.
I think the supposed war chest people speak of is a red herring, certainly in terms of transfers. I think the bulk of it will be used to offset losses. We may get the quality forward we've been promised and one or two others but anyone who thinks we've got a transfer fighting fund of £25m is, frankly deluded.
I don't have a season ticket as work patterns prevent me from going regularly but if I did, I'd be renewing but demonstrating. Or, just not going. Anything really, but withholding the money the club needs badly to compete is understandable but ill-judged imho.
Neither Tinnion or the Lansdowns are going anywhere soon which is the real crux of the problem. 

The only “saving grace” for the squad is that this season “we” have £20m underwritten by Alex Scott instead.

What a effing piss take!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TDarwall said:

Me too, though I’m definitely going to leave it as late as humanly possible before I do so & in the highly unlikely scenario that I am asked why, will say I have no confidence whatsoever in anyone in a senior position at the club.

• Like 1