IGNORED

If you want Tinnion and Manning to go then.....

I agree with you, however, i dont think people will listen.

A lot of people just go and enjoy the day out, some with the kids, regardless of the score.

With some people I've noticed its almost like a "badge of honour" to be able to tell people how you continue to support and go every week regardless of the results.

I am not saying who is right, or wrong in this situation as everyone's lives are different, but from my perspective i am truly fed up of the club, but deeply emotionally invested, so i dont want to abandon it, but i do want change. Also, i dont want to watch the crap being served up right now.

I wont be going to ashton gate next season, unless Manning finally figures out a style of play that works (which i doubt), or as you said, the clowns are thrown out.

• Like 2

MyselAf and 3 others will not be renewing for exactly this, it's with an extremely heavy heart this decision has been taken.

Supported since late 70s and season ticket for 20 years, I will continue to support from afar but not lining their pockets in the assumption I'm happy with the running and direction of the club.

The life has slowly been sucked out the club and matchday experience is dreadful, no excitement or buzz, waking up Sat buzzing to get down the gate, seeing mates, few beers and enjoying the footy, it's frankly become a chore, and an expensive one at that.

I know my protest will not hit them hard but it's my only option of "two fingers" to the current hierarchy 😡🤬

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Granty said:

MyselAf and 3 others will not be renewing for exactly this, it's with an extremely heavy heart this decision has been taken.

Supported since late 70s and season ticket for 20 years, I will continue to support from afar but not lining their pockets in the assumption I'm happy with the running and direction of the club.

The life has slowly been sucked out the club and matchday experience is dreadful, no excitement or buzz, waking up Sat buzzing to get down the gate, seeing mates, few beers and enjoying the footy, it's frankly become a chore, and an expensive one at that.

I know my protest will not hit them hard but it's my only option of "two fingers" to the current hierarchy 😡🤬

Good for you. I have a fairly simple view of life, I am not going to support people who lie to me. Why would I give money to those who deceive?
The board lied about the reasons for the changes they have made this year, I don’t trust them and refuse to give them money to reward their dishonesty. 
Steve needs to get off his backside and do something, but at the moment I don’t think they appreciate how angry lots of people are. Hopefully good people making a stand will make that clear to them. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Granty said:

ive never had a season ticket but did pay a fair bit in for tickets,shirts and food etc over the years, you dont have to miss out on the match day experience either, get your mates together and go and enjoy a game elsewhere,you can still shout and cheer,swear at the ref,eat crappy food and go for a beer if you want to. all you miss out on is the shite on the pitch and the lies this rabble like trotting out week after week. this time was the last time for me, too many rip it up and start agains after you have bought into plans for a few years

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 2

If results & performances don’t improve I’m not sure Manning will be here next season anyway.

Sadly we only get rid of Tinnion when the Lansdowns sell up & that appears a long way off.

57 minutes ago, Granty said:

Same here, not going after 50 years of supporting the club. This is as bad as it gets IMO. 2 fingers to the Lansdowns ridiculous mistakes over the last 10+ years. The whole club is toxic currently.

Desperately needs new owners. Changing the coach won’t make any difference.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Granty said:

Two of us not renewing the owners need to wake up this has been coming for a long time it hurts like hell but in our own way of protest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Street red said:

Two of us not renewing the owners need to wake up this has been coming for a long time it hurts like hell but in our own way of protest. 

There is always a lot of hot air on season ticket renewals but I said that the club would lose possibly hundreds. The longer this goes on the more that view may need to be revised.

Last two home games I’ve skinned out at 70 minutes and 60 minutes because I find what Manning, Cardiff and Swansea delivered between them to be anti-football tbh.

Things do feel different than the annual hot air caused simply by poor results. The football itself is actively turning people off. It is actually rubbish. The more that Liam produces this shite the less people are inclined to believe that giving him a pre-season, let him have a few million and buying a ST is something they “want” to do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, noize said:

With some people I've noticed its almost like a "badge of honour" to be able to tell people how you continue to support and go every week regardless.

It is, and it is with me. That said, I never criticise those who don't renew or have an ST or give up watching for whatever reason. It's not military service: it isn't compulsory.

I've seen us with worse managers and worse players in worse leagues. But that's just me. Four generations of Robbos have been going along to watch City (and maybe Bristol South End before that) and to moan and gripe about us but have occasional moments of great elation. I will continue to go. 

This year, I'll postpone renewing for as long as possible. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

ive never had a season ticket but did pay a fair bit in for tickets,shirts and food etc over the years, you dont have to miss out on the match day experience either, get your mates together and go and enjoy a game elsewhere,you can still shout and cheer,swear at the ref,eat crappy food and go for a beer if you want to. all you miss out on is the shite on the pitch and the lies this rabble like trotting out week after week. this time was the last time for me, too many rip it up and start agains after you have bought into plans for a few years

Good shout, might well go and take in some on league games instead, been a while since ive stood on old fashioned terraces 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capman said:

Good for you. I have a fairly simple view of life, I am not going to support people who lie to me. Why would I give money to those who deceive?
The board lied about the reasons for the changes they have made this year, I don’t trust them and refuse to give them money to reward their dishonesty. 
Steve needs to get off his backside and do something, but at the moment I don’t think they appreciate how angry lots of people are. Hopefully good people making a stand will make that clear to them. 

Wow, sums up my feelings perfectly!

I said in another thread, I don't suffer fools gladly and I can't abide liars.

Both apply here so it's a definite NO from me...

• Like 1

I will postpone till the last minute.  

I be up for a silent protest where everyone stands up and turns round  . But it won't happen.  

The forum is a percentage of fans and even on here there are people  who who would not .    I have a non league team 10 min walk from my house.  Cheaper bear  no fuel . We can find somewhere to have breakfast or brunch . City is an option  a bad one at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I will certainly wait until the deadline that’s for sure. They can stick their free ticket draw up their arse!!

I’m not renewing. But if people want to then please please please (if you are unhappy with the way the club is run) wait until the deadline !!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Don't renew your season ticket until they are dismissed.

No-one will take your seat, as I'm pretty sure there won't be a queue to watch another year of this rubbish!

Make SL take notice.

The only way he will be forced to act is if people DO NOT RENEW until those two are sacked.

I guarantee you if only 4-5000 people renew in the first month after tix go on sale, SL will show both of them the door.

What's it come to - we used to gather in the players car park and surround the staff entrance, vent our feelings and force all of them to listen. Chanted at matches for change. The paper and radio would be swamped.

I get that times change - so apparently the only thing Stephen Lansdown will react to is a hit to his back pocket.

So don't renew.

Two ST 's not being renewed here for that reason.

I would add to that anyone that does renew, do it on the last possible day. Keep the money in your own account as long as possible.

• Like 4

Whilst I don’t disagree more immediate and direct action could be more effective, like chanting, banners etc.

That said I’ve only seen it once in recent times with the Johnson Out bedsheets; but this is much worse.

Edited by One Team

I think SL will listen to notable lack of renewals and if we get a battering by Leicester the toxic atmosphere that happens during the game and the players getting frustrated with each other. 

He’ll have seen and heard the booing in recent games and it’s becoming untenable so I think a bad home loss and he’ll act. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

What's it come to - we used to gather in the players car park and surround the staff entrance, vent our feelings and force all of them to listen. Chanted at matches for change. The paper and radio would be swamped.

It's not like the old days, with CCTV they will quite happily chuck out those seen to be overly venting their feelings and ban agitators.

I've just heard an advert on the radio for listeners to buy tickets for forthcoming City games, proclaiming it to be the 'perfect family day out'.

That's what they want and that's it's come to - the rest of us passionate fans 'who want them to listen' are a bit of an incovenience that can be sorted out with the passage of time.

• Like 3

I expect there will be a decent crowd to watch us lose to Leicester. However, if things carry on like this, then Blackburn could be the game that sees a lot of empty seats. With no excuse like Mother's Day. If ST holders can hold off until then the double whammy may make SL stop and think at least.

2 long time fans here won't be renewing, just had a gutsfull and what was an enjoyable day out just isn't anymore. Although a regular season ticket holder haven't bought anything in the stadium for 2 years!