IGNORED

Bristol City odds to go down

noize

45 minutes ago, noize said:

Funny how we weren't even in contention, but now we have appeared in the list of possibilities.

I'm gonna stick £100 on City at those odds.

odds.thumb.png.23c5b012fc396fc63305eb61ed2bc3cb.png

Would you care to prove you’re putting £100 down? I personally think you’re chatting bs and not sure what you’re trying to prove or achieve, however if you believe there’s a chance then I’d suggest you stop betting and definitely don’t give up your clearly highly paid day job.

Are you a liar or are you are a terrible gambler? Which one noize?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think we will just about stay up but the only games i feel we will get points from are Huddersfield and Rotherham at home and they will both be fighting for there lives and we'll probably be in deckchair mode by then

1 hour ago, noize said:

Funny how we weren't even in contention, but now we have appeared in the list of possibilities.

We appear in the list of possibilities because suckers will then put £100 bets on, which is free money for the bookies. Not because we'll go down.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, noize said:

We’ve been on the list of possibilities since last July being amongst the favourites for the drop before a ball was even kicked….as is usually the case no matter how strong we finish the previous season.

Assuming we stay up we will start next season back amongst the favourites to go down. Unlike the last few seasons I’ve got zero confidence that our owners or manager will prove the bookies wrong this time.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think we will just about stay up but the only games i feel we will get points from are Huddersfield and Rotherham at home and they will both be fighting for there lives and we'll probably be in deckchair mode by then

Nah we will be fine this year. The last two weekends has seen a hell of a lot go in our favour - there are teams below us who are in even worse shape then us 

I really hope this is the year Birmingham go - would be hilarious 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 3

That is odds reflective of an unlikely event and a chance for bookies to make a few quid on hopeful punts.

Not a bet I would get drawn in for even a fiver, however, I would bet decent money on that being closer 50/1 in about 3 games time 👀

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Nah we will be fine this year. The last two weekends has seen a hell of a lot go in our favour - there are teams below us who are in even worse shape then us 

I really hope this is the year Birmingham go - would be hilarious 

The Birmingham situation has so many similarities to our own. Well-liked Manager/Head Coach doing pretty well with the team in challenging circumstances sacked by the owners against the wishes of supporters. New coach brought in has something of a media profile but no tangible success and in fact coached a team that was subsequently relegated. Both new coaches struggle massively and results deteriorate as does the league position. One then ditches the out-of-his-depth coach and replaces him with a wise old manager who initially seems to improve things but then needs time away for health issues (part of the reason the other club cited for getting rid of their well-liked manager) in which time results again nosedive.

The risks are similar at pretty much the same at every club in the Championship without parachute payments and not riding the crest of a promotion wave of confidence - get your top footballing position wrong through either naivety or stupidity and things can easily end badly.

As for City we are lucky that 2 out of the 3 promoted clubs this season haven’t been good enough to survive at this level, while other “established Championship clubs” I.e. Stoke, Birmingham, Swansea have been similarly poor for long periods. You can’t just expect that to happen every season because eventually bad decisions will catch up with you.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, noize said:

SkyBet offer the same odds for Aston Villa to win the Premier League. Why not go for a double?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Meh said:

That is odds reflective of an unlikely event and a chance for bookies to make a few quid on hopeful punts.

Not a bet I would get drawn in for even a fiver, however, I would bet decent money on that being closer 50/1 in about 3 games time 👀

Until we beat Swansea last weekend the odds had dropped to 50-1 with a number of bookmakers. The longer we go on a losing streak again (I can’t see us picking up any points in the next 2 games) the more the odds will drop, especially if a large number of punters starting placing bets on it. Its just the way it works!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noize said:

Was 500/1 2 weeks ago,

Predictably in those 2 game weeks since only 3 teams below us have managed to win one (and one of those games was Millwall beating Birmingham)

We aren’t going down if not simply because there’s too many teams below us who can’t buy a win either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ron W said:

SkyBet offer the same odds for Aston Villa to win the Premier League. Why not go for a double?

Yeah, add on a couple more like that and you’ll be able to buy the club off Lansdown.

IF they come in. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, noize said:

I await you sharing proof of your bet... 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That’s because we won’t go down.

Exactly this, not sure why it keeps getting brought up 

2 hours ago, westonred said:

On the Titantic?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zombie said:

Would you care to prove you’re putting £100 down? I personally think you’re chatting bs and not sure what you’re trying to prove or achieve, however if you believe there’s a chance then I’d suggest you stop betting and definitely don’t give up your clearly highly paid day job.

Are you a liar or are you are a terrible gambler? Which one noize?

Dont call me a liar. I say what i think and tell the truth.

Sky bet actually would only let me put £20 max on it so i went through to bet 365 to put the rest on, i took screen shots for you.1.thumb.png.47274657d3fb9e2cdc16eca9b4ff0073.png2.thumb.png.1cf479a2665b1a254b66c3d2ea6554c2.png4.thumb.png.1edc250b927047bab6d9a9b1a996aacb.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, noize said:

Sky bet actually would only let me put £20 max on it so i went through to bet 365 to put the rest on, i took screen shots for you.1.thumb.png.47274657d3fb9e2cdc16eca9b4ff0073.png2.thumb.png.1cf479a2665b1a254b66c3d2ea6554c2.png4.thumb.png.1edc250b927047bab6d9a9b1a996aacb.png

You’ll be able to lay that off in a few games time’ you might actually make a small profit.

52 minutes ago, noize said:

Shocking odds on B365. 

• Admin
53 minutes ago, noize said:

Looking at the tabs you have saved it's clear you like a bit of a gamble 👍

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Looking at the tabs you have saved it's clear you like a bit of a gamble 👍

Yeah, Crypto is a massive gamble, well spotted 😛 i came out the last bull run pretty well, im hoping to do the same now if we finally enter one, Bitcoin got to 72K beating its all time high but has pulled back to 67K

Anyway, lets hope City win some games and prove me wrong!

2 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

With all the stuff wrote on here about how s##t the team is

how the manager has no clue

I would have thought the bookies would have us odds on to go down

Probably due to the fact Manning took over when we were 11 points above the drop zone.

As others have said if every team started level I’d have no confidence in him at all.

• Like 2