IGNORED

Are the players having any time off?

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Manning is finally getting his time to work with the players on the training pitch. Once he imparts his tactical magic, we'll be winning every game between now and the end of the season. 

Leicester ain't gonna know what's hit them!

• Haha 2

Who’s even taking charge of the schedule too? No replacement for Rennie still, Del Bonsu will be away on international duty, won’t he?

Probably ask for one of his ‘external advice’ people to step in no doubt. 

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I hope not. I hope we're having 2 weeks of intense on the grass training.

We really cant be risking the players becoming deconditioned during the international break*

One thing is certain.

Three or more players will pick up an injury.

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

One thing is certain.

Three or more players will pick up an injury.

As long as they do 2 weeks of full training then JL will not have a problem with that. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Who’s even taking charge of the schedule too? No replacement for Rennie still, Del Bonsu will be away on international duty, won’t he?

Probably ask for one of his ‘external advice’ people to step in no doubt. 

The mysterious expert that JL took conditioning advice from.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

*Note the sarcasm

You didn't need that bit . 

I remember that giving the players time off was used as a stick to beat Pearson with. They wouldn't dare let Manning give them more than a day or two off. 

Manning has had about 10 weeks with no midweek games (or 4 free day) and so , since he's been here 4 months , I don't think that argument of no time on the grass stands up any more . 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We really cant be risking the players becoming deconditioned during the international break*

*Note the sarcasm

I believe Mr Manning has said they will get extra time off over the coming days! (Yes we all get the irony) 

Personally I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The more the bloke is around them on the training ground the less competent they become as a team. 

We can hope that Mr Manning is relieved in the next few days and the senior pros can take the training. However I very much doubt that and so JL and SL will keep doubling down on this guy! But hey their money their choice….My money my choice too!

• Flames 1

42 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

*Note the sarcasm

….. we’ve seen how far backwards he can take us with just a week of on the grass training, so I shudder to think what he’ll do with 2 weeks 😧

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I believe Mr Manning has said they will get extra time off over the coming days! (Yes we all get the irony) 

That's really funny 🤣🤣

I totally get that after an intense schedule they should have time off but I'm holding Jon to account on this so I'm being petty. They should now have 2 weeks of on the grass training just so we don't risk them becoming deconditioned because Jon doesn't like that. 

He put himself in the position of being torn into by criticising the time off the players got before. 

The way I saw it was yes they had time off but I believe that was with the intense upcoming schedule in mind. 

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I suggest that we give the players two weeks off then. 

Sounds like a plan!  

Either that or give players the opportunity to have a couple of weeks to come up with some ideas themselves, as I can’t see that being as bad as what we’re currently witnessing!!!

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Sounds like a plan!  

Either that or give players the opportunity to have a couple of weeks to come up with some ideas themselves, as I can’t see that being as bad as what we’re currently witnessing!!!

Our plan is better than any of the plans LM has come up with! 

I do often wonder what the players say between themselves in their WhatsApp groups etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

He definitely didn't have a full week's training last week, players must have had Tuesday off, what with TGH at Cheltenham, and also seeing Zak Vyner put away a few cocktails and glasses of wine Monday night in a bristol restaurant 

They usually have Monday off if we don't have a midweek game, this week it was Tuesday with us having played last Sunday.

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Our plan is better than any of the plans LM has come up with! 

I do often wonder what the players say between themselves in their WhatsApp groups etc. 

I’d put money onthe WhatsApp being far more entertaining than our football.

We can clearly see the problems from the stands, so can only guess how the players must be feeling.

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That's really funny 🤣🤣

I totally get that after an intense schedule they should have time off but I'm holding Jon to account on this so I'm being petty. They should now have 2 weeks of on the grass training just so we don't risk them becoming deconditioned because Jon doesn't like that. 

He put himself in the position of being torn into by criticising the time off the players got before. 

The way I saw it was yes they had time off but I believe that was with the intense upcoming schedule in mind. 

The issue with the time off was we were relying on players who were semi fit or in the U18/U21 squads and a few stalwarts. OLeary Dickie and Vyner come to mind. They did need the time off!

The fact JL made those statements was much more of an indictment of Tinnion who was sadly putting shit like that inside his head to say. 

Now the three mentioned above definitely need the time off. The rest of them as I said above need to get away from this bloke. Far far away for as long as possible and hopefully when they get back he’s gone!

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The issue with the time off was we were relying on players who were semi fit or in the U18/U21 squads and a few stalwarts. OLeary Dickie and Vyner come to mind. They did need the time off!

The fact JL made those statements was much more of an indictment of Tinnion who was sadly putting shit like that inside his head to say. 

Now the three mentioned above definitely need the time off. The rest of them as I said above need to get away from this bloke. Far far away for as long as possible and hopefully when they get back he’s gone!

Let's be honest, when this guy is sacked and he goes for his next interview or whatever, he'll still be blaming these players rather than taking a look at himself. 

He won't ever change and that's why he'll never have players running through brick walls for him. He's Teflon. 

• Flames 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Let's be honest, when this guy is sacked and he goes for his next interview or whatever, he'll still be blaming these players rather than taking a look at himself. 

He won't ever change and that's why he'll never have players running through brick walls for him. He's Teflon. 

That is the problem there is no change

Same possession based football, same subs at the same times. He does not seem to have the ability to alter his way of playing before ko and during the game!

I don’t think it’s a matter of he won’t change it’s more a matter of he can’t!

If I was SL I’d be fuming at what junior and BT have done. Firing Manning and his team if autometrons is going to cost a bloody fortune and then who are you going to get in. The technical director is the only football man left. If you fire him you have to have a plan in place 

We are in an utter nonsensical gut wrenching position for no good reason. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Personally I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The more the bloke is around them on the training ground the less competent they become as a team. 

We can hope that Mr Manning is relieved in the next few days and the senior pros can take the training. However I very much doubt that and so JL and SL will keep doubling down on this guy! But hey their money their choice….My money my choice too!

Think he said they’ll be in this week (assume Mon-Fri) then a few days off at the weekend, assume back in Tuesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

He definitely didn't have a full week's training last week, players must have had Tuesday off, what with TGH at Cheltenham, and also seeing Zak Vyner put away a few cocktails and glasses of wine Monday night in a bristol restaurant 

Think I’d have a drink problem working under the current management 

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Sykes & Knight are on international duty anyway so they won’t get any time off at all.

Can already hear Mannings excuse. 

“look, we had key members on international duty so we didn’t get the time on grass together as hoped, and obviously it affects our behaviours as a collective”

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Good point, he is.

So is Mebude..

And here is your proof you just need to be Scottish and under 21 to make that squad. 

Wee Jimmie McTavish of Aberdeen must be up for a callup soon. He’s played as much high level football.