IGNORED

Are the players having any time off?

28 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And here is your proof you just need to be Scottish and under 21 to make that squad. 

Wee Jimmie McTavish of Aberdeen must be up for a callup soon. He’s played as much high level football.

Just looked at the squad, one plays for Northampton Town & bizarrely 3 of them play in Austria.

Not exactly a roll call of big clubs..

16 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Our plan is better than any of the plans LM has come up with! 

I do often wonder what the players say between themselves in their WhatsApp groups etc. 

Similar to us in many ways - along the lines of "what the ****'s going on here"....

There are a good few strong characters among the playing staff & it will be Impossible even for the dynamic duo to miss the vibe.

I have a picture in my head of Tinnion being very visible in every area of the HPC, lurking to assert authority.frankie_howerd.jpg.0f6bb3cce8457eacb0401750f48ede1f.jpg

4 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Similar to us in many ways - along the lines of "what the ****'s going on here"....

There are a good few strong characters among the playing staff & it will be Impossible even for the dynamic duo to miss the vibe.

I have a picture in my head of Tinnion being very visible in every area of the HPC, lurking to assert authority.frankie_howerd.jpg.0f6bb3cce8457eacb0401750f48ede1f.jpg

The way Bristol Sport act there's probably covert CCTV and Audio devices installed up there..................probably how they were able to detect Marley Watkins whereabouts.

• Haha 1

Oxford players only ever got 3 days off during an international break when Manning was there. Expect it’ll be the same here. 

Did anyone ever look to see what our results were like after international breaks under Pearson? I don’t ever remember them being that bad whereas under Lee Johnson we seemed to lose every time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Oxford players only ever got 3 days off during an international break when Manning was there. Expect it’ll be the same here. 

Did anyone ever look to see what our results were like after international breaks under Pearson? I don’t ever remember them being that bad whereas under Lee Johnson we seemed to lose every time. 

The last one we beat Coventry with "de conditioned players "

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea but let's not forget that Coventey were by far the better team who had multiple glorious chances and were incredibly unfortunate to not win (with their 1 shot on target)

I know you’re being facetious here, but it’s rewriting history to say that Coventry weren’t the better team for the opening 35 minutes and should have been out of sight. 

However, in that game Nige showed the quality that Liam hasn’t. He realised he got the selection wrong, made a brave sub and changed things which then led to us getting back into, and winning the game. Perfect example of not blindly trusting the process.

• Like 4

Y

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I know you’re being facetious here, but it’s rewriting history to say that Coventry weren’t the better team for the opening 35 minutes and should have been out of sight. 

However, in that game Nige showed the quality that Liam hasn’t. He realised he got the selection wrong, made a brave sub and changed things which then led to us getting back into, and winning the game. Perfect example of not blindly trusting the process.

yes and all good managers of any walk of life are able to takea step back and have a wider view and adapt “behaviours” and approaches, as things evolve. 

Whatever one’s views are about LM, I think we’d all have to agree on this one, he really doesn’t have that ability. Although some substitutions have worked, I don’t remember any real tactical changes in play, that have changed games, unlike your example of NP. 

To think that opposition teams will remain static over 90 mins and therefore, his pre game plan, won’t need to change, is naive at best  

53 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Although some substitutions have worked, I don’t remember any real tactical changes in play, that have changed games

Even at Preston (a) where as fabs we thought he switched from a back-4 to a back-3/WBs with subs, post match James P queried whether the players weren’t quite in shape for Preston’s second goal following the change.  His reply “we didn’t change shape”. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

One thing is certain.

Three or more players will pick up an injury.

and the first game after the International break will witness (as always, check the records) a City defeat.