IGNORED

A worse signing than Mebude.

4 hours ago, redkev said:

I want to know wtf was responsible for signing mebude 

I suspect it was due to LM knowing him previously. 

But I don't see the problem,

He was a very highly rated lad at Man City, who got a move to Belgium which did not work out (many young players have problems settling away from home in a foreign country.)

We have him on loan with an option to buy, so cost us a bit in wages which allows us to see if he is a gem or not up to it, and if we decide he is not he goes back.

Not even close to being our worse signing

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I suspect it was due to LM knowing him previously. 

But I don't see the problem,

He was a very highly rated lad at Man City, who got a move to Belgium which did not work out (many young players have problems settling away from home in a foreign country.)

We have him on loan with an option to buy, so cost us a bit in wages which allows us to see if he is a gem or not up to it, and if we decide he is not he goes back.

Not even close to being our worse signing

That highly rated they let him go

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Man city? They sold him for a significant fee

They sold him for around £1.5m. Considering it was in the same window where they sold Lavia (who also hadn’t played for the senior team) to Southampton for £20m I’m not sure it can count as a “significant fee” in any way 

35 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

They sold him for around £1.5m. Considering it was in the same window where they sold Lavia (who also hadn’t played for the senior team) to Southampton for £20m I’m not sure it can count as a “significant fee” in any way 

Have to disagree, £1.5m for a player not to have played 1st team football is significant, Latvia is just crazy, Mebude obviously no where near that level and had he have been he would not be effectively on trial for us.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Have to disagree, £1.5m for a player not to have played 1st team football is significant, Latvia is just crazy, Mebude obviously no where near that level and had he have been he would not be effectively on trial for us.

Probably about going rate to buy a youth player with no first team experience

Though to only make 3 appearances in just under 6 months rings alarm bells for me 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not “significant” though. Man City sold like £50m worth of players (think 4) in that window to Soton, none of whose had played for the senior team. £1.5m is a snip. Even discounting the tax for English teams 

Who knows if Mebude is any good as we've hardly seen anything of him.  Surely he can't be any worse than Mehmeti?

It does seem an odd signing though if he isn't deemed good enough to play even if we are probably only paying his wages.

Maybe the lad is a flair player and we haven't managed to coach it out of him yet.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Bodiesaffer said:

FFS.   The kid has played no men’s football.  He’s got a good touch and skills.  Just needs time to adjust. 

What exactly is he adjusting too when he spent his youth in English football up until August last year

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

If he can’t get on the pitch in our current form ffs when will he get on the pitch 

He may get on the pitch when the senior players are playing well enough to support him better.  He clearly has great skill, pace and touch, he is only a very young man and needs help to capitalise on his skills and assets. Hopefully Brian Tinnion will be helping him to adjust to Championship mentality and through the current crisis with an indifferent head coach, who may lack the necessary qualities to help the lad to progress.

Think there's a chance he will come good just needs to get upto the pace of it all! More of one for the future just hope it hasn't blocked a pathway for an academy player ... 

As for worse signings easy to name a lot on here but simply the name Ryan Kent ...