IGNORED

24 and out

Jerseybean

Manning compared to Pearson.

Manning has now been in charge for 24 league games, here are the stats comparing his 24 league games with Pearson’s last 24 league games in charge.

Nigel Pearson

Won 8

Lost 11

Drew 5

Liam Manning

Won 8

Lost 11

Drew 5

Yep, identical and Pearson was sacked.

A few references follow which apparently informed the decision to sack NP and appoint LM.

1. We currently have a squad deemed capable of winning promotion/ being at the top end of the league (JL/BT) 100% the aim this season is promotion (GM) “This squad should be at the top end”, “the aim is promotion and we wouldn’t have made the change if we didn’t think we could achieve that”, “there would be no point in making the change now if we were happy to just bumble along for the rest of this season”. 
  2. We (the Board) know (apparently for the first time) what we want from our new Head Coach which will include playing in a particular way (see next point)  (JL/BT)
  3. We (the Board) know our style of football, throughout all teams, we will play progressively, on the front foot, pressing, attacking,  showing aggression and pace (JL/ BT)
  4. The Board opted to sack an experienced manager, citing recent results as the reason (at the time we occupied 15th place with 18 points 5 wins, 6 defeats and 3 draws) our form in the six games pre the sacking was lost 4, won 2.  LMs last six games = lost 5, won 1 (scored 4 and conceded 9 )
  5. We were only five points off a play- off spot when NP was sacked and only three points before the Cardiff game, which we faced with an injury ravaged squad.
  6. We are in a really good place as a Club and it is set up nicely for somebody to take forward (BT)
  7. ‘We aren’t doing as well as we wanted to and that’s what the decision was based upon’ (JL) We had a three year plan with NP and the objective for this year was to be challenging at the top end of the table (GM)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

For balance, why not start one laying out in detail why he should not be sacked. Just a thought.

I'll do it in this post to save another thread. 

1) I have nothing

2) still nothing

3) nope, I'm done. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He has been in charge for 23 unless I missed one.

Did I sleep through one such is the style of play.

Unless you know something we don't and we beat Leicester! Then 8 wins it is. 😃

Thanks. I stand corrected Mr P I’d overlooked the game CF was in charge, 23 it is. 

41 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It's the last 6 which is worrying me:

LLLLWL

And I fear we could be crucified on Good Friday.

At least there might be a chance of a Resurrection Easter Monday.

Well, you've started the Easter puns so all we need to do in the next game is put more crosses in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

LLLLWL

We are nailed on for a defeat next Friday 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

For balance, why not start one laying out in detail why he should not be sacked. Just a thought.

Why should I start a topic for something I don’t agree with?

• Haha 1

Can we finally just ignore the sh1te the ownership said about Pearson going?

Manning hasn't been great, that's clear, but I think it would be a fairer compare Pearson first 24 games to Manning's first 24 games tbh.  New managers trying to change what's gone on before with players that they didn't bring in. 

Edited by Red Skin
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Manning hasn't been great, that's clear, but I think it would be a fairer compare Pearson first 24 games to Manning's first 24 games tbh.  New managers trying to change what's gone on before with players that they didn't bring in. 

What are you comparing across both sets of 24 games (5 months ish)?

- results? (Unfair imho)

or

- context of appointment AND results (fair imho)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Manning compared to Pearson.

Manning has now been in charge for 24 league games, here are the stats comparing his 24 league games with Pearson’s last 24 league games in charge.

Nigel Pearson

Won 8

Lost 11

Drew 5

Liam Manning

Won 8

Lost 11

Drew 5

Yep, identical and Pearson was sacked.

A few references follow which apparently informed the decision to sack NP and appoint LM.

1. We currently have a squad deemed capable of winning promotion/ being at the top end of the league (JL/BT) 100% the aim this season is promotion (GM) “This squad should be at the top end”, “the aim is promotion and we wouldn’t have made the change if we didn’t think we could achieve that”, “there would be no point in making the change now if we were happy to just bumble along for the rest of this season”. 
  2. We (the Board) know (apparently for the first time) what we want from our new Head Coach which will include playing in a particular way (see next point)  (JL/BT)
  3. We (the Board) know our style of football, throughout all teams, we will play progressively, on the front foot, pressing, attacking,  showing aggression and pace (JL/ BT)
  4. The Board opted to sack an experienced manager, citing recent results as the reason (at the time we occupied 15th place with 18 points 5 wins, 6 defeats and 3 draws) our form in the six games pre the sacking was lost 4, won 2.  LMs last six games = lost 5, won 1 (scored 4 and conceded 9 )
  5. We were only five points off a play- off spot when NP was sacked and only three points before the Cardiff game, which we faced with an injury ravaged squad.
  6. We are in a really good place as a Club and it is set up nicely for somebody to take forward (BT)
  7. ‘We aren’t doing as well as we wanted to and that’s what the decision was based upon’ (JL) We had a three year plan with NP and the objective for this year was to be challenging at the top end of the table (GM)

Lucky you didn't compare with Nige's first 24 games in charge as well, I remember we seemed to lose most of them!  That's Statistics for you!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Oh yes, brilliant idea!

Pearsons first 24 the squad was shocking, full of players who didn't give a rats ass, most of which were overpaid and needed getting rid.

Mannings first 24 the squad was motivated, there was a real togetherness. They played for the shirt and us. He also had many injured players returning so no, that comparison just doesn't work!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh yes, brilliant idea!

Pearsons first 24 the squad was shocking, full of players who didn't give a rats ass, most of which were overpaid and needed getting rid.

Mannings first 24 the squad was motivated, there was a real togetherness. They played for the shirt and us. He also had many injured players returning so no, that comparison just doesn't work!

What about Pearson's last 24?

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh yes, brilliant idea!

Yeh but I don't think that's the point, you are comparing apples and oranges really, it's different situations.  I agree LM has not kicked on and I don't rate him myself and wanted Nige to stay so no bias from me, but the statistics here are loaded to make the point that LM hasn't done any better than Nige, rather than trying to pick more like for like stats for a true comparison

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

What about Pearson's last 24?

Well certainly better than that of Manning because it looks like we are needing the points gained under Pearson to AVOID RELEGATION!

Also, you will not find many, if any, stating the way we are playing is boring.

Glad you are happy with the current shit show on offer, because I'm not!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yeh but I don't think that's the point, you are comparing apples and oranges really, it's different situations.  I agree LM has not kicked on and I don't rate him myself and wanted Nige to stay so no bias from me, but the statistics here are loaded to make the point that LM hasn't done any better than Nige, rather than trying to pick more like for like stats for a true comparison

What like points per game this season?

47 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh yes, brilliant idea!

Fair comment, but Pearson's last 24 was with players he brought to the club (or made the decision to keep) and had built relationships with many over the a year to 18 months at least.  They been schooled in how he wanted to player for a long period.  

Any comparisons need to be heavily caveated and aren't very enlightening really.  

I don't really see the point of the thread. We can all see things aren't going well, and most of us realise the top 6 claims were nonsense so why keep banging on about it?  They just didn't want Pearson any longer.  

Edited by Red Skin
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Fair comment, but Pearson's last 24 was with players he brought to the club (or made the decision to keep) and had built relationships with many over the a year to 18 months at least.  They been schooled in how he wanted to player for a long period.  

Any comparisons need to be heavily accepted and aren't very enlightening really.  

I don't really see the point of the thread. We can all see things aren't going well, and most of us realise the top 6 claims were nonsense so why keep banging on about it?  They just didn't want Pearson any longer.  

Yep, can't disagree with any of that.

27 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Well certainly better than that of Manning because it looks like we are needing the points gained under Pearson to AVOID RELEGATION!

Also, you will not find many, if any, stating the way we are playing is boring.

Glad you are happy with the current shit show on offer, because I'm not!

The points haul is identical

38 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Lucky you didn't compare with Nige's first 24 games in charge as well, I remember we seemed to lose most of them!  That's Statistics for you!

TLC I did consider doing that, however, in terms of a comparison it seemed more reasonable and more realistic to compare the resources available to NP at the end of his tenure which were then made available to LM 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

LLLLWL

It's a nailed on certainty, stone cold, cross my heart.

"I can see your house from here!"

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He has been in charge for 23 unless I missed one.

Did I sleep through one such is the style of play.

Unless you know something we don't and we beat Leicester! Then 8 wins it is. 😃

So I’ve actually credited LM with a win which in fact belonged to CF

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Was at QPR and stunned by fans singing for Manning. At the time I could see this was going to be a disaster, it was dreadful and players looked confused. Remember have a few disagreements with fans on the day. 

I was there myself.

Easy to say now but from that very game I felt we were doomed from the start with Manning. It was a boring 0-0 and not one player looked like they wanted to impress the new manager. That was a telling sign to me.

• Flames 1