IGNORED

Who's coming up from L1?

Looks like Pompey, Derby and then the usual lottery of P.Os. Just been reading a Reading paper that confirms there are only four teams with bigger away support than them (Royals) this season. Not sure who these are but almost certainly the current top 3 plus one. I couldnt bear to go on to a Gas site to see if their away support is still in the tens of thousands every week but it will be good to have Pompey and Derby at AG again and also as good away trips for us

Royals away support averages 1200 this season; not bad for a crisis club in a vicious downward spiral. 

Lincoln going for the play offs with a great run, 10 unbeaten since New Year's Day and won their last 3 games  5-1, 6-0, 5-0.

I hope Pompey come up, proper club, proper ground, proper fans. I don't like Derby ( who does!) but along with Bolton they're too big for L1.

No point in Peterborough coming up, they'll only struggle, sack Darren Ferguson, go down, reappoint Darren Ferguson and come back up. And repeat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not quite sure why you are mentioning Reading when it's pretty much mathematically impossible for them to come up. 

I feel sorry for what they are going through as no football fan should go through that, but they are a plastic club. 

They've not averaged over 20k since they left the PL. 

Max Bird getting promoted automatically with his childhood club and then joining a distant team with no greater prospects 😂 

I can see some money changing hands and the transfer cancelled to avoid us having a greatly demotivated player

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Max Bird getting promoted automatically with his childhood club and then joining a distant team with no greater prospects 😂 

I can see some money changing hands and the transfer cancelled to avoid us having a greatly demotivated player

He must be thinking what the **** have I done.

24 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Hopefully Posh can somehow make the autos and then whoever finishes in 6th. Ideally Stevenage.

Two weaker sides that you’d imagine would go straight back down. 

I would prefer Pompey plus one other that’s Derby or Bolton for autos.  I don’t think either have “served enough time” for their financial mismanagement, so I want them to miss out in the playoffs.  I think 6th is the only place up for grabs really.  Orient were flying until recently, in 10th, still, have a chance.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

I would imagine three of the teams at the top of that table ...

Have you experienced the Play Offs? I wonder what the stats on on P.O success from League 1; I doubt it is favourable for the team finishing in 3rd place; as Fevs says, often a team on a good run into the final few games to sneak 5th or 6th place

32 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Hopefully Posh can somehow make the autos and then whoever finishes in 6th. Ideally Stevenage.

Two weaker sides that you’d imagine would go straight back down. 

Some of the locals here in P'boro' think Posh will bottle it. If they did come up, at least it's n away game I can walk to.

Before the season started, Gasheads were all over Social Media telling us all how they had the best squad they’ve ever assembled and that promotion was a formality…..So I guess that leaves 2 other spaces which will probably be Derby and Pompey. Think I’d prefer Bolton over Derby 

19 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Have you experienced the Play Offs? I wonder what the stats on on P.O success from League 1; I doubt it is favourable for the team finishing in 3rd place; as Fevs says, often a team on a good run into the final few games to sneak 5th or 6th place

I think that 3rd place finish in playoffs rarely goes up rumour has been quashed. Certainly in recent years 3rd has gone up more often than any other position I believe . I’m sure I heard that unless I’m chatting complete crap 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I would prefer Pompey plus one other that’s Derby or Bolton for autos.  I don’t think either have “served enough time” for their financial mismanagement, so I want them to miss out in the playoffs.  I think 6th is the only place up for grabs really.  Orient were flying until recently, in 10th, still, have a chance.

Derby definitely rank lower on "time served" IMO. Retention of a high quality Training Ground, Cat 1 Status and the sheer size of the *HMRC discount...

...Bolton did drop to the 4th tier and I don't remember them signing players such as Hourihane eg post administration even for free.

*Somewhere between 70-75% by the looks.

Screenshot_20240321-121148_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.d188c57490b34bf9d13df91891a0095c.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I cannot see that happening whatsoever. Would be completely unprecedented 

4 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Looks like Pompey, Derby and then the usual lottery of P.Os. Just been reading a Reading paper that confirms there are only four teams with bigger away support than them (Royals) this season. Not sure who these are but almost certainly the current top 3 plus one. I couldnt bear to go on to a Gas site to see if their away support is still in the tens of thousands every week but it will be good to have Pompey and Derby at AG again and also as good away trips for us

Royals away support averages 1200 this season; not bad for a crisis club in a vicious downward spiral. 

I just hope it’s the crappest teams possible, to give us the best chance of staying up next season, if our bright and sparkling young head. coach is still hanging in there

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I cannot see that happening whatsoever. Would be completely unprecedented 

I couldn't see us buying a player from Derby and then loaning him back to them for the rest of the season, but it happened.  I can see the player being extremely demotivated though if Derby to get promoted, he would want to stay with them where they have the momentum.  

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I couldn't see us buying a player from Derby and then loaning him back to them for the rest of the season, but it happened.  I can see the player being extremely demotivated though if Derby to get promoted, he would want to stay with them where they have the momentum.  

Maybe but the transfer won’t be reversed. Clubs loan players back all the time. A cancelled transfer….has that ever happened ?

5 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Not when he realises what a great 'on the grass' coach LM is and how much he will improve as a player.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

He’s in a crazy situation, automatic promotion, crest of a wave, big club…. Or us perennial 14th place! 

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Mate of mine who follows Derby home and away is totally gutted Bird is joining us  Asked him who he would keep out of Bird and Knight Said Bird all day long Said would also have Knight back in a shot 

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

I got on Lincoln to finish in the Top 6 yesterday at 5/1 with PP

They must have a real chance , momentum on their side plus Barnsley & Oxford stuttering a little.
I just looked , having ignored Lincoln for ages as they have let me down in bets 3 times this year , betting to win or lose. I see even though they have scored 16 goals in 3 games , they have still scored less than every team above them. 
Pompey look nailed on , Derby should have 2nd ( still not been there) , I'd like Lincoln to make it for a change.

Screenshot2024-03-21at15_54_55.png.80019dae3bad3f9860c5b76a63bf15a8.png

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Max Bird ....

If money is going to change hands for the demotivated so they don't have to come, Max Bird can wait his turn behind 20,000 City fans....

• Haha 1