IGNORED

Who's coming up from L1?

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Before the season started, Gasheads were all over Social Media telling us all how they had the best squad they’ve ever assembled and that promotion was a formality…..So I guess that leaves 2 other spaces which will probably be Derby and Pompey. Think I’d prefer Bolton over Derby 

Might be true..................but a very low bar !

7 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Looks like Pompey, Derby and then the usual lottery of P.Os. Just been reading a Reading paper that confirms there are only four teams with bigger away support than them (Royals) this season. Not sure who these are but almost certainly the current top 3 plus one. I couldnt bear to go on to a Gas site to see if their away support is still in the tens of thousands every week but it will be good to have Pompey and Derby at AG again and also as good away trips for us

Royals away support averages 1200 this season; not bad for a crisis club in a vicious downward spiral. 

Sags 1201   courtesy of #gaslogic.com  .

Looks like Pompey and the Rams automatically. Personally I’d like to see Lincoln City win the pray-offs. I haven’t been to Sincil Bank since I was young teenager and Lincoln is a wonderful and historic place and well worth a visit,

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Max Bird getting promoted automatically with his childhood club and then joining a distant team with no greater prospects 😂 

I can see some money changing hands and the transfer cancelled to avoid us having a greatly demotivated player

He’d have signed knowing the risk of them going up automatically though so why should his attitude change? Think it’s pretty good business from us as obviously he wouldn’t go to us if we waited until the summer and he went up automatically with Derby 

It would be impossible for the transfer to be cancelled as the transfer has already happened. He is our player. We own him. He is now on loan at Derby from us. The transfer isn't happening in the summer, it already happened. He is no longer out of contract in the summer as he is now contracted to us. 

If the lad wants to stay at Derby then there is the possibility that he hands in a transfer request to us and then we flip him for an immediate profit but even that seems pretty remote. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It would be impossible for the transfer to be cancelled as the transfer has already happened. He is our player. We own him. He is now on loan at Derby from us. The transfer isn't happening in the summer, it already happened. He is no longer out of contract in the summer as he is now contracted to us. 

If the lad wants to stay at Derby then there is the possibility that he hands in a transfer request to us and then we flip him for an immediate profit but even that seems pretty remote. 

Spot on, but I don't think it's that remote to be honest. I can see a situation where Derby re-sign him from us.

Not quite the same, but Carey and Murray both left us and although they kicked a ball for Cov and Reading respectively, they were back within 6 or 9 months. Didn't Carey have his contract at Cov cancelled and was re-signed by a certain snake?  

Edited by 38MC

Whoever comes up won't be cannon fodder next season. Pompey, Derby & Bolton. All will build on the momentum of a promotion success. Which means we're in trouble unless the powers that be galvanise our club by getting rid of Joe 90 now and replacing him with Andy King until the end of the season.