IGNORED

Our website?

21 minutes ago, trickydickiecardigan said:

Can anyone explain why our website is crap? Always seems days behind!!

It is pretty crap. I was looking the other day for historical records (goalscorers in particular). The only things I could find on the history section was the potted history and legacy numbers. Might be me not looking in the right place, but if it's not in the history section, where is it..?!!

53 minutes ago, trickydickiecardigan said:

I don't know. Like others have said, the info is out of date and the layout and navigation is poor. I only really use it for Robins TV and even then it's a bit crap to get logged in, etc

The BBC Sports pages are just as bad. I wanted to check the League One table this morning, I would expect the table to be on the front page.

• Like 2

• Admin
32 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I think websites in general are pretty mediocre these days - Most digital focus is undoubtedly on apps I would imagine

Surely they are linked though?

Content should be the same on both?

Stopped using it since it was changed at the start of the season. Very poorly designed and not at all user friendly. If I want to look up future fixtures I now use BBC sport. On the lap top you have to scroll through several pages as it only shows 3 fixtures at a time. Awful

• Like 2

Like most things to do with BCFC, the website was done on the cheap and they won’t pay the going rate to get qualified people to make the website engaging. Gone downhill ever since Beanhead left IMO.

I have no idea whether there is user group that the app works for, but now that robins tv works through the website on mobile devices the app has been deleted as it appeared to have no other worthwhile features. As mentioned the website is so poor that most info about the club is found on Twitter or YouTube often via others reposting on here and robins tv and tickets are about its limit. I know that it’s how these things are done these days but the shop being on a separate website that you can’t navigate back from is quite irritating. 

7 minutes ago, tin said:

Like most things to do with BCFC, the website was done on the cheap and they won’t pay the going rate to get qualified people to make the website engaging. Gone downhill ever since Beanhead left IMO.

Saw him being interviewed on Points West the other day, lord knows why Points West was on though.

15 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

I have no idea whether there is user group that the app works for, but now that robins tv works through the website on mobile devices the app has been deleted as it appeared to have no other worthwhile features. As mentioned the website is so poor that most info about the club is found on Twitter or YouTube often via others reposting on here and robins tv and tickets are about its limit. I know that it’s how these things are done these days but the shop being on a separate website that you can’t navigate back from is quite irritating. 

From about the second week of the season, I cannot watch RTV on my iPad using the club app.  Works “fine” (low bar) on my iPhone using the app.

Tried deleting, reinstalling, to no avail.

Watching RTV using safari on Mac, iPad, iPhone fails to allow full-screen.  On chrome browser it “usually” works, not always.

• Like 2

City have no interest in maintaining the website with all news posted via social media forums such as Facebook and X. it used to be excellent with all sorts of features such as Away Days which gave accurate information on numbers of City fans at each game, the website gave accurate details of bookings, suspensions and injuries, players profiles were kept up to date etc. It's now not even good for player signings which are leaked long  before presented on the website  

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a horrible layout, I avoid it.

You always know that when we revamp something Jon likes to make it 'leading edge'.

But nothing winds me up more than that stupid come on when you buy tickets, and that's been there for at least 10 years. I don't imagine anyone has actually signed up for a paid discount scheme on purpose, but why on earth force it to get in the way like that.

5 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

City have no interest in maintaining the website with all news posted via social media forums such as Facebook and X. it used to be excellent with all sorts of features such as Away Days which gave accurate information on numbers of City fans at each game, the website gave accurate details of bookings, suspensions and injuries, players profiles were kept up to date etc. It's now not even good for player signings which are leaked long  before presented on the website  

I appreciate its probably only a small percentage of fans but some of us have no interest in social media (Facebook, X and whatever else there is).

I now get my City news from this site. As stated there is always someone on here who will post info Either before its on the OS, or very shortly afterwards.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't know. Like others have said, the info is out of date and the layout and navigation is poor. I only really use it for Robins TV and even then it's a bit crap to get logged in, etc

The BBC Sports pages are just as bad. I wanted to check the League One table this morning, I would expect the table to be on the front page.

The BBC sport webpage is a shadow of its former self, a real shame.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, trickydickiecardigan said:

Because we have a crap Head of Marketing who seemingly makes a sh*tshow of everything he touches from ticketing and rewards to the website and app. 

6 hours ago, tin said:

Don’t worry though, on twitter they’ll have a snazzy video of the team getting off the coach with a royalty free “Drill” instrumental - which is an indisputable upgrade.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1