IGNORED

Our website?

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Surely they are linked though?

Content should be the same on both?

It's less of a content issue here though really I guess. In many cases app and website will pull from the same content database - but the issue here is the presentation of the content.

The site seems to be running WordPress which is widely used and decent for particular sites, but ultimately the template is pretty shite with a not so user friendly UI. I'm fairly certain clubs across the FL have always used the same provider / operator, presumably for contractual reasons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

It's less of a content issue here though really I guess. In many cases app and website will pull from the same content database - but the issue here is the presentation of the content.

The site seems to be running WordPress which is widely used and decent for particular sites, but ultimately the template is pretty shite with a not so user friendly UI. I'm fairly certain clubs across the FL have always used the same provider / operator, presumably for contractual reasons.

The EFL Digital network of sites do share a common platform but, as a club, we have opted out and done our own thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

The EFL Digital network of sites do share a common platform but, as a club, we have opted out and done our own thing. 

Thanks, I hadn't realised that. Ultimately it does the job, just think the template could use a bit of tweaking. But at least it's not the Bristol Post!

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You always know that when we revamp something Jon likes to make it 'leading edge'.

But nothing winds me up more than that stupid come on when you buy tickets, and that's been there for at least 10 years. I don't imagine anyone has actually signed up for a paid discount scheme on purpose, but why on earth force it to get in the way like that.

Like the 'leading edge' of the Wright Flyer.

It’s been like it for years, I did mention it to someone, Beanhead I think, who said all EFL clubs would have the same, new format soon, so nobody was doing any updating atm. Or something like that. Guess it never happened! 

Anyway, once Robbored says he doesn’t bother with it anymore it’ll just close down. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It’s been like it for years, I did mention it to someone, Beanhead I think, who said all EFL clubs would have the same, new format soon, so nobody was doing any updating atm. Or something like that. Guess it never happened! 

Anyway, once Robbored says he doesn’t bother with it anymore it’ll just close down. 

At one point, all the EFL clubs were using a standard layout, but over the past 3-4 years (maybe longer) clubs have started to use their own.  We’ve gone one step further and put out an abomination of a design in our latest attempt!

• Like 1