IGNORED

BBC explains City yoof policy

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Thanks. I felt it was similar as Manning hasn’t really dropped any academy player that was playing a lot under Pearson.  

Probably only Yeboah who was getting minutes under NP has been dropped by LM

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I can’t be arsed to calculate the average, but to the eye, I’d suggest the minutes out of an available 990 (1170 v Forest) has stayed relatively the same:

image.thumb.png.4414dfacae4102bfcb67ed647f292f05.png

Green - GK start (basically Max O’Leary!!!)

Red - outfield starter

Orange - outfield sub

Grey - unused sub

(mins played along the bottom)

When the original article was published after 16 league games, the percentage was 33.1% so won’t have changed much.

image.thumb.png.3fe0d839ae626ef3bf82e910528dba0d.png

basically we need a couple more Haydon Roberts (free and young!), show PL academy players that they can get their chance here, rather than being a loan-pawn.

Impressive stuff! This should be used to tempt future Haydon Roberts types.  Good evidence, you should send it to the club!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I can’t be arsed to calculate the average, but to the eye, I’d suggest the minutes out of an available 990 (1170 v Forest) has stayed relatively the same:

image.thumb.png.4414dfacae4102bfcb67ed647f292f05.png

Green - GK start (basically Max O’Leary!!!)

Red - outfield starter

Orange - outfield sub

Grey - unused sub

(mins played along the bottom)

When the original article was published after 16 league games, the percentage was 33.1% so won’t have changed much.

image.thumb.png.3fe0d839ae626ef3bf82e910528dba0d.png

basically we need a couple more Haydon Roberts (free and young!), show PL academy players that they can get their chance here, rather than being a loan-pawn.

The point I was trying to make Dave is that it's likely under Pearson we would have very likely have seen a few more academy players get minutes, hence why I think it's lower than what it would have been. Yeboah would have continued to get chances for example. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fuber said:

They could have easily run this same piece with Blackburn.

Just 'happens' to be a focus on us, written by the BBC editorial author for the West of England (Sophie Hurcom covers some of our game write ups) who happens to have contact with the club via BBC Bristol.

It's a fluff piece. About the one topic I don't doubt Tinnion's knowledge of.

Ultimately doesn't mean alot when we're sliding down the table in a nothing season with Conway likely to leave for prospective pennies in the summer.

Is that the same Challis who played for the gash a few years ago ?

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Jeez, what a difference in communication (Amy, not Jon) to Tinnion or anyone else at the club.

Why was she not kept on? She’s done some really good work with young people since leaving City.

Yep. As Amy says in that short video, the key to success was employing the best people for the job. 
That’s the main thing we’ve come a long way from. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

Impressive stuff! This should be used to tempt future Haydon Roberts types.  Good evidence, you should send it to the club!

The club are / were aware of my “work” (hobby) on twitter, and to a lesser extent on here.

• Like 1