IGNORED

Weimann

To me it just shows what a mess we are in. Time will tell with the permanent signing of TGH but you can understand how his performances have picked up without having the contractual issues. But let's also not forget that at 32 he was never going to be the same player he once was for us.

It also kind of underlines that we are NOT fully utilising the talent we have in our squad and that's down to the inexperienced coach we currently have and the inexperienced technical director or whatever the title he's awarded himself this week.

We will lose a lot of experience come the end of the season in King, James, Wells and Williams as these players are deemed not good enough or too old and need to be binned off by people who frankly are not fit to tie their own boot laces. We are in big trouble under this current set up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

is this related to your  'unless'

Thank you for everything gaffer. I have learned so much from working with you over the last 3 years not only as a player but also as a person and a leader. 
F9opNYmXQAAVMd_?format=jpg&name=small

That brilliant picture encapsulates just what we have deliberately lost, doesn’t it?

Experience & credibility at Championship level, to quote the great Terry-Thomas, what an absolute shower we have in charge of our club now.

• Like 15
  • Flames 4

13 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

is this related to your  'unless'

Thank you for everything gaffer. I have learned so much from working with you over the last 3 years not only as a player but also as a person and a leader. 
F9opNYmXQAAVMd_?format=jpg&name=small

What an image, the Bristol City I felt connected with. Amazing what a few months can do, utter chaos! 

• Like 13
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

That brilliant picture encapsulates just what we have deliberately lost, doesn’t it?

Experience & credibility at Championship level, to quote the great Terry-Thomas, what an absolute shower we have in charge of our club now.

absolutely it does and it seems we are destined to lose the others whom he may have passed his wisdom on to.  

have to wait and see on those tho, i could be miles off the mark with my thoughts

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

We have a puppet coach who has his strings  being pulled by insecure people above him who are out of their depth and know how to fail.

You do not treat loyal and talented employees the way Bristol City do if you want to be successful.

They keep repeating the same mistakes.

There is only one way Bristol City are going and that is not up.

• Like 11
  • Flames 5

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Likewise I felt more connected with the club than I have for a long time because I admired Nigel and his staff, and the group of admirable senior pros (of which Andi was the most admirable), not to mention Richard Gould, a CEO of the highest calibre.

I have zero respect for the shysters running the club now so the sense of connection is entirely gone.

my only 'connections' now are the great people i have interacted with on here.  they destroyed the rest  👍

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

44 minutes ago, Swede said:

To me it just shows what a mess we are in. Time will tell with the permanent signing of TGH but you can understand how his performances have picked up without having the contractual issues. But let's also not forget that at 32 he was never going to be the same player he once was for us.

It also kind of underlines that we are NOT fully utilising the talent we have in our squad and that's down to the inexperienced coach we currently have and the inexperienced technical director or whatever the title he's awarded himself this week.

We will lose a lot of experience come the end of the season in King, James, Wells and Williams as these players are deemed not good enough or too old and need to be binned off by people who frankly are not fit to tie their own boot laces. We are in big trouble under this current set up.

Probably what Manning, Tins etc want. Younger players who won't questioned what they're told. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This certainly seems like a dig. 

“I am now at a club that still has a chance of promotion and where we will hopefully make the playoffs.”

I get that his contract was expiring and that starting him in games would have triggered an extension. But the reality is neither party would have been keen to extend his stay here.

So what strong leadership should do is sit down with him and say "both parties would like to go their separate ways in the summer, you want to return closer to your family and we would like to go in a different difection however right now we consider you a really important player on and off the pitch so how about we make a mutual agreement to scrap that clause? We get the benefit of being able to start you whilst you get the benefit of being able to attract interest from a club that can offer you a longer contract, win win" 

I usually agree with your posts @W-S-M Seagull but on this occasion not, as I don’t think that’s a dig - it’s the truth. We didn’t have a realistic chance of competing for the play offs at the point of his departure - in all honesty, that chance faded when Pearson was booted. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

im not saying it was anything to do with it,but could have been maybe?

Almost certainly in my view.

First Alexander, need to remove Pearson supporter.

Followed closely by Pearson himself along with 2 experienced coaches and his medical team.

Then the appointment of Manning... requirement to remove players close to Pearson as and when possible. One out, probably 2 or more to follow.

By that time all the experience wether players or coaches will be gone. Brilliant strategy.... for relegation!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Graham, as usual you've hit the nail on the head. Weimann & and Conway, for that matter, posted similar messages which is compelling to say the least. Its personal but also a feeling of incredulity, a bit like the rest of us.

This is my club that I've supported since I was a boy but I really don't like the people who run it. They all come across as cozy backstabbers. Heaven knows what other players, agents & clubs think of us.

Will Conway stay? In this atmosphere? I doubt it very much & who can blame him.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It just really bugs me so much how Nige sifted through all the all shite, got rid of deadwood and drastically cut the wage bill. (All at the request of the muppets above), he created a culture that was second to none and then now we have manning undoing the whole lot (also at the request of the muppets above!) They really have not got a F#####g clue have they? Very bizarre football club in so many ways.

• Like 8
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 2

Everything at this club at the moment is money driven.

We don't want to spend on a CEO, Director of football or a decent recruitment team, so what do we have?

Tinnion, Jon and some bloke..

We won't spend money on players so we are recruiting from lower leagues with some potential prospects and letting experienced Pros with a value to the team leave the club. 

You reap what you sow in this league, I get the need to be prudent, but we are cutting our financial nose off to spite our championship face. 

Edited by M.D
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Versatile??

Hard working??

Where's the quality?

Double figures at Luton in his last full season there at Championship level.

Can play centrally or on the right, versatile, clearly hard working.

Unlucky not to be the winner v WBA in September and especially the match saver v Ipswich in October when it hit post and rolled along the line when we had momentum..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

If Manning had wanted Weimann none of it would have mattered he would have got his game time and extension. 

Unless

Influences above Manning told him don’t play him? This would have put Weimann effectively in his last year and if I’m not mistaken in a position through his reps to talk to other clubs I guess?

I have my suspicions about influences above Manning. He often speaks quite well of the senior players.

53 minutes ago, M.D said:

Everything at this club at the moment is money driven.

We don't want to spend on a CEO, Director of football or a decent recruitment team, so what do we have?

Tinnion, Jon and some bloke..

We won't spend money on players so we are recruiting from lower leagues with some potential prospects and letting experienced Pros with a value to the team leave the club. 

You reap what you sow in this league, I get the need to be prudent, but we are cutting our financial nose off to spite our championship face. 

Bird is a good Championship player or has been, he has useful experience of each and is from a Cat 1 Academy.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Double figures at Luton in his last full season there at Championship level.

Can play centrally or on the right, versatile, clearly hard working.

Unlucky not to be the winner v WBA in September and especially the match saver v Ipswich in October when it hit post and rolled along the line when we had momentum..

No good always being unlucky! He's not good enough even as a squad player if we want to be challenging which is what we are told. He had one 'decent' season for Luton though not sure 12 goals is something to really shout about. 

His record for the rest of his career is definitely nothing to shout about! I've only seen one goal in over a year that actually looked like a good finish & that was v Southampton. Think he was a waste of money.

Screenshot_20240324_155601_Chrome.jpg

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, JAWS said:

No good always being unlucky! He's not good enough even as a squad player if we want to be challenging which is what we are told. He had one 'decent' season for Luton though not sure 12 goals is something to really shout about. 

His record for the rest of his career is definitely nothing to shout about! I've only seen one goal in over a year that actually looked like a good finish & that was v Southampton. Think he was a waste of money.

Screenshot_20240324_155601_Chrome.jpg

He's one of those who provides some and scores some. A look at the wider stats shows this.

I'm not making a full on defence but on a basic metric of Goals and Assists, at Luton moreso..he did okay. Final full year in a playoff side.

• Like 1

Cornick- Luton

Championship

2019-20

45 Games (37 starts)- 9 Goals, 3 Assists 

2020-21

40 Games (28 Starts)- 1 Goal, 7 Assists

2021-22

38 Games (30 Starts)- 12 Goals, 4 Assists

2022-23 (until sale to us)

19 Games- *(7 Starts)- 1 Goal, 3 Assists.

Sofascore implies 7 Starts, 11 Sub appearances in his final half season or so at Luton.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

20 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This certainly seems like a dig. 

“I am now at a club that still has a chance of promotion and where we will hopefully make the playoffs.”

I get that his contract was expiring and that starting him in games would have triggered an extension. But the reality is neither party would have been keen to extend his stay here.

So what strong leadership should do is sit down with him and say "both parties would like to go their separate ways in the summer, you want to return closer to your family and we would like to go in a different difection however right now we consider you a really important player on and off the pitch so how about we make a mutual agreement to scrap that clause? We get the benefit of being able to start you whilst you get the benefit of being able to attract interest from a club that can offer you a longer contract, win win" 

This without question. So simple and yet...

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cornick- Luton

Championship

2019-20

45 Games (37 starts)- 9 Goals, 3 Assists 

2020-21

40 Games (28 Starts)- 1 Goal, 7 Assists

2021-22

38 Games (30 Starts)- 12 Goals, 4 Assists

2022-23 (until sale to us)

19 Games- *(7 Starts)- 1 Goal, 3 Assists.

Sofascore implies 7 Starts, 11 Sub appearances in his final half season or so at Luton.

Like I said, nothing to shout about?

Nothing I've seen makes me feel he should be in a squad challenging top 6.

Can't see any other challenging sides would swap him with what they've got