IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'll counter this by saying, if Leicester would have scored some of their numerous one on one chances, is it a brilliant set up and game management etc? 

Yes? 

Singular errors may still be overly prevalent and that needs to stop. But that doesn’t take away the good work we did all game, completely nullified KDH and both mavidid and fatuwu were ineffective for the majority of the game. 

Have no problem calling out LM when he gets it wrong, which he has recently. But deserves his plaudits when he gets it right, which he did today. 

Especially with the subs, which were proactive and changed the game. Something most thought LM wasn’t capable of. 

He isn’t off the hook yet but perform like that against good sides and find a way to beat the low block and i’m happy for him to stay. 

• Like 13
Just now, George Rs said:

Yes? 

Singular errors may still be overly prevalent and that needs to stop. But that doesn’t take away the good work we did all game, completely nullified KDH and both mavidid and fatuwu were ineffective for the majority of the game. 

Have no problem calling out LM when he gets it wrong, which he has recently. But deserves his plaudits when he gets it right, which he did today. 

Especially with the subs, which were proactive and changed the game. Something most thought LM wasn’t capable of. 

He isn’t off the hook yet but perform like that against good sides and find a way to beat the low block and i’m happy for him to stay. 

I don't subscribe to that. 

Leicester cut us open many times and it was only their poor finishing that saw us win. 

We got lucky, fair play, but the chances Leicester had show there are still big problems.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Facepalm 3

Oh dear Leicester fans; https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134410-bristol-city-1-0-lcfc-post-match-thread/page/8/#comments

We had £95m on the bench. Never used appropriately, ever. 

Need to get rid of Enzo. Tbh I think the whole club needs to have a reset even the owners something is rotten and Nissan not right.

I don't get what Mavididi and Fatawu are doing. We play them because we want wingers who can beat their man. Yet I can't remember either having a go. 

The casual complacency from the players stems from the manager and his slow, ponderous ‘style’ which was outed as one dimensional and unsustainable a long time ago. And what about man management and motivation? I see none of that from Maresca. The players just don’t seem bothered. Sloppiness everywhere. No fight or aggression or quality in the key areas. What the hell does he do with them in training??

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Leicester cut us open many times and it was only their poor finishing that saw us win. 

We got lucky, fair play, but the chances Leicester had show there are still big problems.

As we did to them? Obviously you’re going to concede chances to top of the league with a squad worth literally 10x our own. 

But they didn’t score. And we did. Piling on when he’s doing poorly but failing to even consider that he can do a good job is completely pointless. 

Luck plays a factor yes but you can easily call leicester lucky for not receiving a first half red card. Or for Sykes not scoring right after we went ahead. 

• Like 9

Another decent performance against a side who leave gaps, deserved the win.

James, Mehmeti, Roberts were my standouts apart from Max who was in top form bar the suicidal pass to Vyner. 

Let's see how we get on against a team on Monday who won't afford us the same amount of time we got today.

Back it up now.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Team in riding luck against parachute payment promotion hopefuls scandal

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pah - there are always what ifs in football. I'm sure they even themselves out in due course. Two home wins out of two, and with two clean sheets. Well done Liam and the boys

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Credit where it’s due, a much improved performance overall, but Leicester and in particular Vardy threw that away. 

One thing is for sure, he’s definitely going nowhere now! 

Leicester did miss chances , but so did we , along with another day 3 possible pens 

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching that, we looked so much better with James running the show in the middle controlling everyone else around him, 

Great to see us trying to break quickly forward was so good to see, 

Max was my MOTM he made some world class saves today 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'll counter this by saying, if Leicester would have scored some of their numerous one on one chances, is it a brilliant set up and game management etc? 

I'll counter this by saying we also had some very good chances as well. If you even it out, I would say that yes, the plan worked. We looked decent as well.

Not gloating but I have kept the faith (just), however I am delighted for Liam the abuse he gets , and I understand it's football and inevitable he get's stick but he must feel like a huge weight has been lifted. 

Lots of egg wiping and although we are not delivering per se it is hopefully a springboard, we are safe now and hopefully the team can put in a few more more performances to give us hope for next season.

I understand one swallow etc but it's a great great win.

Happy Easter fellow Reds you deserve this.🤩

Edited by cotswoldred2
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Monday will be the marker for me thats where this club usually fall down against the lesser sides so I will reserve my self until then 

To be fair Plymouth are very good at home and can give anyone a good game , Monday will not be easy but if we play forward with pase like today then we got a chance

• Like 1