IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

This type of ‘blocking’ happens at set plays pretty much every time when defending a set play. There’s very likely that the Dickie example wasn’t the only blocking going on and the referee either not seeing it or simply ignoring it is no surprise as it happens so frequently.

The Conway incident when having his shirt tugged before getting tripped was a stonewall penalty. The referee just a few yards away not awarding was a very poor decision.

Anyway - we still won the match despite the ref having a dreadful game.

That's not blocking , as soon as you have both arms around a player it goes from blocking ( simply stopping the route of a player ) to something more akin to a Rugby tackle. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That's not blocking , as soon as you have both arms around a player it goes from blocking ( simply stopping the route of a player ) to something more akin to a Rugby tackle. 

I agree that it was more like a rugby tackle but that type of thing happens in pretty much every game. The defender not even looking in the direction of the ball and he achieved his aim of stopping Dickie getting anywhere near the ball.

Its very difficult for any referee to award a penalty when the box is cluttered with players jostling for position.

You don't get a view of the Ref , but usually he would be just outside the area and would surely have a clear line of sight. 

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Its very difficult for any referee to award a penalty when the box is cluttered with players jostling for position.

That's my point. With Dickie being far post it looks like the Ref would have a clear sight. They aren't surrounded by other players. Just a Ref worried about "big Club" and on TV ? I would love Ref's to come out and explain why. Even if they said , sorry I really didn't see it at the time.

• Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

You don't get a view of the Ref , but usually he would be just outside the area and would surely have a clear line of sight. 

That's my point. With Dickie being far post it looks like the Ref would have a clear sight. They aren't surrounded by other players. Just a Ref worried about "big Club" and on TV ? I would love Ref's to come out and explain why. Even if they said , sorry I really didn't see it at the time.

Almost every fan would want the same but FIFA, FA and PGMOL won’t allow it because they see it a devaluing the refereeing profession if he/she had to explain dodgy decisions post match.

Its a siege mentality.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Who initiated the contact? Choudhury surely although a Leicester page seemed to scoff at the idea that was a penalty. Wonder if they'd have said it if roles reversed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Who initiated the contact? Choudhury surely although a Leicester page seemed to scoff at the idea that was a penalty. Wonder if they'd have said it if roles reversed.

Dickie, eyes on the ball that is coming his way.

Choudury never looks at the ball , only one intent.

I don't understand fans/supporters who just won't acknowledge an incident as blatant as this. If I see something like this I think, well we got away with one there, you don't get anything extra for denying it. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Dickie, eyes on the ball that is coming his way.

Choudury never looks at the ball , only one intent.

I don't understand fans/supporters who just won't acknowledge an incident as blatant as this. If I see something like this I think, well we got away with one there, you don't get anything extra for denying it. 

They literally said it was a comical claim, will try and find it again.

I agree with you btw..bit of rugby, bit of all-in wrestling but a penalty surely.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I’m still not convinced Mike.

I think choudhury is trying to block Dickie with his body, but Dickie tries to drag him and at that point choudhury grabs too.

I just think it looks worse because choudhury isn’t looking at the ball.

Hopefully we’ve saved a pen for tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m still not convinced Mike.

I think choudhury is trying to block Dickie with his body, but Dickie tries to drag him and at that point choudhury grabs too.

I just think it looks worse because choudhury isn’t looking at the ball.

Hopefully we’ve saved a pen for tomorrow.

Fair enough Dave, but for me if he just keeps arms out he blocks . As soon as he wraps his arms around RD it changes for me. With a block , it's part and parcel of the game and if you're quick or clever you can get around it. Being grabbed gives Dickie nowhere to go , I see no difference to a shirt pull which is given outside the area for even small tugs . 

Hope the Ref is in agreement with you tomorrow , and gives us the two we are owed from Friday . 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Fair enough Dave, but for me if he just keeps arms out he blocks . As soon as he wraps his arms around RD it changes for me. With a block , it's part and parcel of the game and if you're quick or clever you can get around it. Being grabbed gives Dickie nowhere to go , I see no difference to a shirt pull which is given outside the area for even small tugs . 

Hope the Ref is in agreement with you tomorrow , and gives us the two we are owed from Friday . 

cant see us getting any for a while unless we practice our theatricals a bit. too honest still in that respect. need to be a bit more clever in laying it on a bit

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

cant see us getting any for a while unless we practice our theatricals a bit. too honest still in that respect. need to be a bit more clever in laying it on a bit

TBH I think Conway waited until he was sure he was in the area to go down . WE still didn't get it.  Clear tug on the shorts, may have been a little contact but I'm not sure it was a Pen.

• Like 1

About 12 to 13 mins in, just about the time of the great Mehmeti winner.

All I can say is **** off Taggart or Barraclough. He says by that point game should be over, price for not taking chances and for switching off.

True but the double save by Hermansen, the 1 if not 2 penalties denied, McCrorie hitting side netting all at 0-0.

Even wonder if although it is by no means a clear and obvious in first half, Mehemti was impeded a bit by Choudhury. Or was it clearly ball first?

He later calls it a great goal tbh Taggart or Barraclough.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

About 12 to 13 mins in, just about the time of the great Mehmeti winner.

All I can say is **** off Taggart. He says by that point game should be over, price for not taking chances and for switching off.

True but the double save by Hermansen, the 1 if not 2 penalties denied, McCrorie hitting side netting all at 0-0.

Even wonder if although it is by no means a clear and obvious in first half, Mehemti was impeded a bit by Choudhury. Or was it clearly ball first?

He later calls it a great goal tbh Taggart.

Is it Gerry Taggart? Thought I heard the commentator call him Ian, so thought it might be Barraclough?

• Thanks 1

Quite condescending about us tbh. Saw this snippet and others, mixture of damming with faint praise and condescending.

Arrogant possibly, clearly PL entitlement has rubbed off.

Not just talking us but an arrogance and entitlement towards the division per se.

They won't find away games at Preston, Plymouth and Millwall with a bit of pride back under Harris easy in the run-in IMO. For differing reasons.

Screenshot_20240331-163135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5c8cbd1635709890ca61f99bf1a2c15.jpg

Screenshot_20240331-163200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.39552a382fb0575d147df742ff986b40.jpg

Yeah the Hermansen double save, the McCrorie side netting and excellent penalty shout(s) didn't happen clearly, at 0-0.

Another piece...

Screenshot_20240331-165445_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e99a6ff74371812367cef682f5e7214e.jpg

Screenshot_20240331-165500_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d618847638a76afec4bd7919d033cb7e.jpg

Sure they weren't at their best and I thought some their passing at the back first half was quite slow paced and maybe helped us but..recurring theme.

One for @Three Lions

You discuss officiating elsewhere, don't want to derail that thread. You seem to know about officiating and standards etc.

How do you assess the penalty about from Friday?

1) Faes on Conway

2) Choudhury on Dickie

3) A possible handball albeit I think this was less clearcut. Probably not.

4) A foul on Wells late on was mentioned.

Thanks. How do officials view them, I definitely thought the first 2 were.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One for @Three Lions

You discuss officiating elsewhere, don't want to derail that thread. You seem to know about officiating and standards etc.

How do you assess the penalty about from Friday?

1) Faes on Conway

2)  Choudhury on Dickie

3) A possible handball albeit I think this was less clearcut. Probably not.

4) A foul on Wells late on was mentioned.

Thanks. How do officials view them, I definitely thought the first 2 were.

I am a qualified low level ref and there are a couple more who post on here. Number two all day long stonewall gospel penalty. I cant thoroughly remember the rest.  if you had links to them all I would give it a go, i just apply the laws the handball law i dont agree with and might not apply it to kids football but follow if it for the rare adult games i do.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

I am a qualified low level ref and there are a couple more who post on here. Number two all day long stonewall gospel penalty. I cant thoroughly remember the rest.  if you had links to them all I would give it a go, i just apply the laws the handball law i dont agree with and might not apply it to kids football but follow if it for the rare adult games i do.

Shall try and find the Conway one again, definitely thought that was as did reports tbh. The handball I recall but can't recall what time exactly, first half I think.

02:00-02:10 on here (Conway).

21 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

TBH I think Conway waited until he was sure he was in the area to go down . WE still didn't get it.  Clear tug on the shorts, may have been a little contact but I'm not sure it was a Pen.

Think VAR gives that OR any ref anywhere else on the pitch without VAR. 

The ref had a perfect view of the shirt pull too which makes it even more annoying 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Think VAR gives that OR any ref anywhere else on the pitch without VAR. 

The ref had a perfect view of the shirt pull too which makes it even more annoying 

My own view is that both the Dickie and Conway ones were penalties.

Had it been I dunno say Tanner on Fatawu and Vyner on Vardy, two penalties or minimum of one without doubt.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Shall try and find the Conway one again, definitely thought that was as did reports tbh. The handball I recall but can't recall what time exactly, first half I think.

02:00-02:10 on here (Conway).

To give a penalty i would have to be sure. I think its a foul outside the box and a booking for stopping an attack instead of denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and a sending off as Conway doesnt  really have the ball under control, On the pitch I would look at the assistant who should be on Leicester's last man and who wasnt flag up. So if not sure with the assistant not flagging leave it alone but if i am seeing that free kick and yellow.  

Edited by Three Lions
  • Thanks 1
On 31/03/2024 at 12:08, 1960maaan said:

It was also both arms around and a throw, rather than just blocking

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

To give a penalty i would have to be sure. I think its a foul outside the box and a booking for stopping an attack instead of denying a clear goal scoring opportunity and a sending off as Conway doesnt  really have the ball under control, On the pitch I would look at the assistant who should be on Leicester's last man and who wasnt flag up. So if not sure with the assistant not flagging leave it alone but if i am seeing that free kick and yellow.  

The foul continues into the penalty area, so it is a penalty.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My own view is that both the Dickie and Conway ones were penalties.

Had it been I dunno say Tanner on Fatawu and Vyner on Vardy, two penalties or minimum of one without doubt.

I agree Pops. Dickie got a proper hug! 😁

• Like 1
4 hours ago, transfer reader said:

It was also both arms around and a throw, rather than just blocking

impeding with contact is a free kick or in that case a penalty. 

4 hours ago, transfer reader said:

The foul continues into the penalty area, so it is a penalty.

as said if i to give a penalty or send a player i have to be sure. i see 100% a foul outside the box that probably carries on into it/ the leicester players hands comes off on the edge = i am not 100% its inside so I go back to what i know i have seen and a free kick and a booking.