IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

1 hour ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

I'm no football tactician - there are folks on here far better placed to talk of such things than me but nairy a pass sideways across the back today in comparison to how it's been alot in recent (especially home games) times - seemed to be more positive movement to receive balls and push forwards - thought Pring and Roberts worked well and dare I say I really enjoyed today's game - just need to "back it up" in the next few games and who knows - I'm not convinced by Manning but fair play today.

It was nice to see us be more direct & purposeful with our passing . We passed through them a lot more than recently . Ok sides will be more compact in midfield as we’ve seen with the recent defeats . The intent was there though , which has been missing .  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

I'm no football tactician - there are folks on here far better placed to talk of such things than me but nairy a pass sideways across the back today in comparison to how it's been alot in recent (especially home games) times - seemed to be more positive movement to receive balls and push forwards - thought Pring and Roberts worked well and dare I say I really enjoyed today's game - just need to "back it up" in the next few games and who knows - I'm not convinced by Manning but fair play today.

I think you're right.

Been saying on here before that the passing round the back isn't what Manning had asked the players to do. He's confirmed it himself numerous times and you can see that it's a problem with the individuals not backing themselves to pass forwards. Tanner still had a major issue with it. Vyner's confidence on the ball is erratic. But the a-game instruction is clearly to believe in yourself and pass forwards and has been for a while. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, cellist said:

Be very worried if I was a Leicester fan. Showing every sign of bottling it

I’ve just read their forum and from before our goal, they were demanding manager be sacked and a complete overhaul of their board. 2nd in the table, probably will go up…puts Otib into perspective when we gain an L. Modern day football fans eh ffs! 

4 hours ago, George Rs said:

Saw a post on twitter saying the cost of their current squad is £241million. 

Absolutely bonkers! 

Completely agree it's bonkers that they didn't round it down to £240m.

5 minutes ago, San Fran City said:

I’ve just read their forum and from before our goal, they were demanding manager be sacked and a complete overhaul of their board. 2nd in the table, probably will go up…puts Otib into perspective when we gain an L. Modern day football fans eh ffs! 

It’s all relative though - with their league position and wage budget - you’d expect automatic promotion fairly stress free.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, San Fran City said:

Not really . They’ve won the prem & FA  cup in the last ten years , it’s all relative . They should never of got relegated with the squad they had. They were pissing the league a few weeks ago & now could be heading for the play offs & the knock on from that if they don’t go up 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I hope all those prior to the match shouting about they can't be bothered watching it or doing something else instead enjoyed what they did instead.

Because they missed an excellent game and very good performance, to those who said yes but we were lucky, yes luck plays a part, but you chose to ignore the chances we also missed and a terrible ref who denied us possible 3 penalties.

Not pretending everything is rosy, but encouraging after the recent drose.

Agree no way we were lucky , had as many chances as them and 2 out of 3 were deffo pens 

• Like 3

Thought James made a massive difference today.

To be fair Leicester should have been two or three ahead before we scored, but it’s about taking your chances.

Pleased with the win but whatever the result I would have clapped them off, all we ask if that they put a shift in and do their best, and they did just that.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, LocoPal said:

Good to hear Nigel Pearson in a good mood, having a laugh & punditrying🤔, very nicely. Shame we never experienced him in this looser, well humoured mood. He looks well!👍 

Someone on the Leicester forum wants him back. One of the comments was “mass clear out required, total rebuild”. I’ve heard that before somewhere 

IMG_5710.jpeg

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Someone on the Leicester forum wants him back. One of the comments was “mass clear out required, total rebuild”. I’ve heard that before somewhere 

IMG_5710.jpeg

I'd like to see it

What did Sky commentators say about us out of interest, fwiw?

I see Nixon said "If Vardy across his chance, Leicester win". We were quite dominant first half though and should have had one of not 2 penalties.

Of course Leicester fans or some are praising the call not to award a penalty but they should know about soft stuff given they have won 12 in the League this season which must be approaching modern record territory at this level.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Which do we believe?

The propaganda or the evidence of our own eyes?

Thought the attendance was alright today even accounting for the usual non attendees, certainly better than vs Swansea but Leicester at Home isn't the best benchmark really.

At every ground for every side, for a while now it has always been total tickets sold as to the actual attendance inclusive of ST Holders.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
7 hours ago, Pip King said:

Apologies if it's been discussed on the thread already but is TGH injured? Or suspended maybe 

After an intense week of physical training (Liam Manning said this) he then picked up a calf injury on Tuesday. 

Forget about the injury however. Jon will be delighted that he's not become deconditioned.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, pillred said:

On the day I thought that was the best they could be because of the way we played, all this they are just strolling, I don't buy.

I thought at the time I posted that it looked like Leicester could step up another gear. That opinion might have been swayed by how slow we’ve been to start the second half recently. There were definitely signs of it in the first half with Vardy twice going close. 

But Liam was proactive in his changes and we took the game to them more. Definitely more down to our good performance than Leicester simply being poor. Credit to Liam and the team for that. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mozo said:

What I do find interesting is that we've had a couple of tricky patches with a back 3 laready this season and everyone (most of OTIB) was screaming for a return to a back 4. 

Now what do we want?!

I’m happy with a back 5, as I am with a back 4. It’s more about what’s in front of the defence. Twine, whilst not at his best, did add some creativity and meant Knight could play alongside James in the centre. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, David Brent said:

I thought at the time I posted that it looked like Leicester could step up another gear. That opinion might have been swayed by how slow we’ve been to start the second half recently. There were definitely signs of it in the first half with Vardy twice going close. 

But Liam was proactive in his changes and we took the game to them more. Definitely more down to our good performance than Leicester simply being poor. Credit to Liam and the team for that. 

It was noticeable that his substitutions had a positive effect yesterday. The fact it's noticeable is concerning BUT they did work yesterday. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, David Brent said:

The thing that did impress me yesterday is that unlike Leeds we weren’t to total awe of them and when given the opportunity we did actually have a proper go at them even when 1 up , I thought we saw the game out pretty well and looked the more likely to get a second goal than them get an equaliser 

• Like 3

I look back at yesterday, had to do some difficult DIY at home, a bit out of my comfort zone TBH.

Watched the City win and afterwards the feel good factor carried over into my DIY, holes were patiently drilled and levels carefully checked. Thanks City, your win and general performance lifted my spirits and contributed to a decent job.

• Haha 2