IGNORED

Sam or T.C; who would you choose to keep

3 hours ago, Fuber said:

The token revisionism - 'Tinman' this that and other is so, so transparent.

@Cole Not Gas explain to me how Tinnion gave Bell his chance.

He didn't sign him nor Conway. Tim Kirk did.

He didn't develop him nor Conway. Gary Probert did.

He didn't play him, nor Conway. Pearson did.

He didn't integrate him, nor Conway. Pearson did.

Aside from finding local loans (which literally anyone could resolve/organise, and some - Bells loan to Grimsby - were a waste of time), what's he done?

Thanks for your continued insight into the structure of city academy past and present.  I have no beef with Tinnion, but some of OTIB (maybe Tins himself, Jon for sure) have created a helluva CV of roles / responsibilities that aren’t true or poorly chronologued.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

And Tins said that having grown through the academy together Conway and Bell would be the City front two for years to come! 

Tinnion says whatever he thinks makes Tinnion look good at the time. 

He doesn't have the intelligence to grasp that things might come back to bite him in the arse. 

But then he doesn't need to. Because apparently he is the club 'legend'.

Get him gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If we continue with 3 at the back and 2 10s, where does Sam Bell even fit in?

Because unlike other wide players, such as Sykes and Mehmeti, he can't play as an ACM.

He might play in a 2 up front - eventually - but our dogmatic Coachbot seems to be wedded, indeed welded, to playing just a lone striker. And that will never be Sam Bell at this level.

Agreed, when I look at the 3-4-2-1 (which seems to be Manning's preference when all are fit), I don't see any role for Bell at all.

I'd suggest the most appropriate role for him might be as a RWB, but it still feels like a square peg in a round hole.

I have similar views on Cornick - I don't see where he fits into that system either. He could potentially do a job in one of the attacking midfield roles, but isn't really the style of player you'd want in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORANGE500 said:

75 games in the championship 17 goals( quite a few penalties included) under 2 different managers would suggest that he is exactly what he looks very average. I expect the forward line and also the midfield will look somewhat different in August and won't include Tommy Conway, I would sell for as much as possible which ids probably a couple of million at best.

We shall, of course, see. I think you are right that we will struggle to get as near as much as many of us would hope for Conway given he has one year on his contract and has struggled this season. But, when he does move on - as I suspect he will - we will find out whether he is “very average” or whether our tactics and approach have held him back.

I know which of those I think it is but time will tell.

• Like 1

Just assume he decides to 3421 going forward.

CF: Wells, Conway (his replacement) plus new no9

10s: Twine (or another), Sykes, Mehmeti, Stokes (future)

CM: TGH, Knight, Bird, Murphy (future)

++++

Where does Bell fit?  Or is Bell the replacement.

Where does Cornick fit?

Where does Sykes fit if he’s not a no10?

Do you replace one or both of James or Williams assuming not extending, because you have four CMs already.

Bold - as stated by technical director.

Squad building is an art form, flip-flopping between back-3 and back-4, can look like a bit Jackson Pollock (rhyming slang)!

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just assume he decides to 3421 going forward.

CF: Wells, Conway (his replacement) plus new no9

10s: Twine (or another), Sykes, Mehmeti, Stokes (future)

CM: TGH, Knight, Bird, Murphy (future)

++++

Where does Bell fit?  Or is Bell the replacement.

Where does Cornick fit?

Where does Sykes fit if he’s not a no10?

Do you replace one or both of James or Williams assuming not extending, because you have four CMs already.

Bold - as stated by technical director.

Squad building is an art form, flip-flopping between back-3 and back-4, can look like a bit Jackson Pollock (rhyming slang)!

For clarity - if Conway leaves do you think we'll sign 2 centre forwards?

Only because I get the feeling Lansdown has drawn in the purse strings permanently and will spend a minimum going forward, might it be a case of Conway is sold and next season our lone strikers are New no.9, Wells and Cornick?

A very brave alternative being sell Cornick, buy new No.9 and hope Conway-Newbie-Wells gets us promoted. The risk being in 120 months, Conway leaves for nowt but compensation. Mind you, the way Manning is playing him, Conway's value can't be much more than that now anyway!

Re midfield, assuming James is allowed to leave (face palm), I'd still sign a proven centre mid, even if Williams stays as TGH, Knight and Bird is short on know how for me.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Only because I get the feeling Lansdown has drawn in the purse strings permanently and will spend a minimum going forward, might it be a case of Conway is sold and next season our lone strikers are New no.9, Wells and Cornick?

A very brave alternative being sell Cornick, buy new No.9 and hope Conway-Newbie-Wells gets us promoted. The risk being in 120 months, Conway leaves for nowt but compensation. Mind you, the way Manning is playing him, Conway's value can't be much more than that now anyway!

I think it will be new no.9, wells and Seb, saving loads of cash..

30 minutes ago, M.D said:

I think it will be new no.9, wells and Seb, saving loads of cash..

Asking a lot of Seb but would love to see it happen!

He certainly fits the strong, mobile runner Tinnion has said we're after but I wouldn't want to be relying on him for Championship goals. Let's not burden the lad with that just yet.

Prefer to see him have another loan next season, play as first choice striker for someone, be the main man, hit double figures for a season. Then we'd know we've got something.

He's certainly doing all the right things so far, though, isn't he?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Asking a lot of Seb but would love to see it happen!

He certainly fits the strong, mobile runner Tinnion has said we're after but I wouldn't want to be relying on him for Championship goals. Let's not burden the lad with that just yet.

Prefer to see him have another loan next season, play as first choice striker for someone, be the main man and hot double figures for a season. Then we'd know we've got something.

He's certainly doing all the right things so far, though, isn't he?

I agree, he wouldn't be my choice as back up so soon though, but I can see the club doing it..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Re midfield, assuming James is allowed to leave (face palm), I'd still sign a proven centre mid, even if Williams stays as TGH, Knight and Bird is short on know how for me.

You are 💯 right, SL has tightened the purse strings.  You either add Cornick to Wells and new no9 or Bell…or you try to find a young nugget for a sensible fee with room to grow and who won’t be arsey biding his time.

I just worry about having too many midfielders.  Would be easier for us fans to play football manager if we knew the fate of Jamo and Joe,

13 hours ago, Fuber said:

Aside from finding local loans (which literally anyone could resolve/organise, and some - Bells loan to Grimsby - were a waste of time), what's he done?

It seems to be a common error thinking that BT should be singled out for praise, for some of our early and notable academy signings . Gary Probert, when here, was far more involved, while as you say BT was actually Loans Manager iirr. 
 I just think BT was much more visible. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fuber said:

Has he explained yet?

No?...

... Go figure.