IGNORED

Dom Whiting

phantom

• Admin

I know I'm not "down with the kids" as I'm nearing 50 very rapidly but am I missing something about this guy being in Bristol? 

Is he a City fan or was he just wearing one of our kits? 

He has been popping up all day on various social media channels of ours but I was curious what the connection was? 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5LwQUpip0_/?igsh=MXdrdnIwczVxdnk2cA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5MC1tuCxcC/?igsh=N21zNmtwdnVhc3lu

He has been doing this around the world for 3 or so years now. But it’s really taken off and the numbers get bigger every year. 

I haven’t been to one myself but the drum and bass scene is huge in this City.

• Like 4

He a guy who rides around various places in a bike playing drum and bass music from speakers. He did one which started at the suspension bridge a while back.

He’s very popular and is like a pied piper in that hundreds if not thousands follow him around the route. 

It’s usually all very good natured.

I assume city have him the shirt with his name on the back as a PR exercise. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I feel old.

Yep. I thought this needed to be moved to the transfer section. 

As a side note, seems bizarre we have a thread about some drum and bass no mark and we have to have a different section for threads on LJ and Cotts etc. It just ain’t the same. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yep. I thought this needed to be moved to the transfer section. 

As a side note, seems bizarre we have a thread about some drum and bass no mark and we have to have a different section for threads on LJ and Cotts etc. It just ain’t the same. 

How does he get away with shutting roads like he does? Police must hate these events surely? 

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I feel old.

I'm just amazed that the kidz still listen to DnB. Which is what I was listening to 20 years ago when I was a kidz.

And they listen to it in the street. In daylight. Bit odd.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ziderarmy said:

How does he get away with shutting roads like he does? Police must hate these events surely? 

Indeed. I know they have events like carnival all over Somerset and Pride parades etc but this looked chaotic, quite unorganised, traffic disruption (hospital appointments anyone?) and lots of litter being thrown around.
Enjoy yourselves by all means but don’t expect others to pick up your rubbish at their expense. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fpcity said:

I, don't think he's from around here originally. I'd guess the club gave it to him for some social media promotion.

Hes been doing these events for a few years but the last 18-24 months he's got really big. 

Don’t know if he’s city fan or not but originally from High Wycombe I believe 

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't get it...yeah...I know I'm old...but some bloke with a glorified Ghetto blaster and people just following like the pied piper with rats...it's just weird🤷

Answered your own statement really, you don’t need to get it. Millions do and that’s some media stunt if they got him in a City Shirt. Much weirder stuff went on in your era im sure 

Edited by CityReds
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, CityReds said:

Answered your own statement really, you don’t need to get it. Millions do and that’s some media stunt if they got him in a City Shirt. Much weirder stuff went on in your era im sure 

Why don't I need ' to get it?'

Please explain. There are people of my Generation in that video. 

What does anyone gain from walking behind a bloke playing drum and bass?

Is it a feeling of belonging? 

Just trying to get my head around waking up on a bank holiday and deciding to walk around Bristol streets following a bloke playing music on speakers? 

Drum and bass has been around for years...so it's not a new thing or for the 'kids'. 

Back in the day I used to watch local band Kosheen play regularly. 

Not being funny...just intrigued. 

Just now, spudski said:

Why don't I need ' to get it?'

Please explain. There are people of my Generation in that video. 

What does anyone gain from walking behind a bloke playing drum and bass?

Is it a feeling of belonging? 

Just trying to get my head around waking up on a bank holiday and deciding to walk around Bristol streets following a bloke playing music on speakers? 

Drum and bass has been around for years...so it's not a new thing or for the 'kids'. 

Back in the day I used to watch local band Kosheen play regularly. 

Not being funny...just intrigued. 

These events have changed since first starting. At beginning they moved at a faster pace so it was about getting people out for ride or jog while listening music, especially after lockdowns. 

Even though it's a walking pace it's better than staying at home watching Netflix?