IGNORED

Dom Whiting

phantom

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Just trying to get my head around waking up on a bank holiday and deciding to walk around Bristol streets following a bloke playing music on speakers? 

Maybe it is a new genre called Dumb and Bass(ic).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

These events have changed since first starting. At beginning they moved at a faster pace so it was about getting people out for ride or jog while listening music, especially after lockdowns. 

Even though it's a walking pace it's better than staying at home watching Netflix? 

Thanks for explaining the background. 

Although I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't got far more things to do than watch Netflix on a bank holiday. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Thanks for explaining the background. 

Although I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't got far more things to do than watch Netflix on a bank holiday. 

I went to his first one in Bristol and it was great, but wouldn't go now as too big so walking is the best/safest option. 

Haha yeah I've been out cycling every day and I've never owned a Netflix subscription. Unfortunately since lockdowns it's what a lot of people have gotten into their routines along with a just eat order! 

4 minutes ago, Fpcity said:

I went to his first one in Bristol and it was great, but wouldn't go now as too big so walking is the best/safest option. 

Haha yeah I've been out cycling every day and I've never owned a Netflix subscription. Unfortunately since lockdowns it's what a lot of people have gotten into their routines along with a just eat order! 

That's cool...shame people turned to TV and food over lock down. 

I took up cycling and did a lot more walking. 

Gave up cycling now as I just found the traffic a ball ache. But have found other outdoor activities to do. 

👍

52 minutes ago, spudski said:

Why don't I need ' to get it?'

Please explain. There are people of my Generation in that video. 

What does anyone gain from walking behind a bloke playing drum and bass?

Is it a feeling of belonging? 

Just trying to get my head around waking up on a bank holiday and deciding to walk around Bristol streets following a bloke playing music on speakers? 

Drum and bass has been around for years...so it's not a new thing or for the 'kids'. 

Back in the day I used to watch local band Kosheen play regularly. 

Not being funny...just intrigued. 

I don’t get people waking up in the morning and running marathons for fun, but I don’t need to “get it” if they’re enjoying themselves I say crack on.

There are people who don’t “get” following a football team round the country travelling thousands of miles and costing thousands of pounds but they don’t need to.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CityReds said:

I don’t get people waking up in the morning and running marathons for fun, but I don’t need to “get it” if they’re enjoying themselves I say crack on.

There are people who don’t “get” following a football team round the country travelling thousands of miles and costing thousands of pounds but they don’t need to.

I get why people do those things you quote. 

If people are ' enjoying' themselves walking around following a bloke playing drum and bass...then I would like to know...what enjoyment they gained from it. What garners that enjoyment? 

As I said... Maybe the belonging and hanging with like minded people?

It all comes down to, again, that you like what you like.

If it isn’t for you, then there are plenty other things to enjoy. I’m not into drum and bass, but I don’t see any harm in this.

As long as they didn’t litter after themselves then crack on.

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If it isn’t for you, then there are plenty other things to enjoy. I’m not into drum and bass, but I don’t see any harm in this.

100% this. DnB isn’t my bag at all but it’s absolutely everywhere in this city, don’t see any issue with it whatsoever. Bristol being at the forefront of anything good is a positive in my book.

28 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

19 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

100% this. DnB isn’t my bag at all but it’s absolutely everywhere in this city, don’t see any issue with it whatsoever. Bristol being at the forefront of anything good is a positive in my book.

I don't see any issues with it either, apart from holding up traffic needlessly. 

Perhaps someone can educate me. Do you need permission to do this from the authorities? 

Or can anyone now organise a ' march' at walking pace on the roads? And basically do whatever you want?

I'd be right pissed off if I was late for an appointment, hospital or flight etc. 

Or do we now have an attitude of do whatever you want?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

That's cool...shame people turned to TV and food over lock down. 

I took up cycling and did a lot more walking. 

Gave up cycling now as I just found the traffic a ball ache. But have found other outdoor activities to do. 

👍

Other outdoor activities 👀🦮ing 👀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, spudski said:

I don't get it...yeah...I know I'm old...but some bloke with a glorified Ghetto blaster and people just following like the pied piper with rats...it's just weird🤷

If you look close enough though most following are from the great unwashed tribe or the sort of people you would see on these various marches that seem to be in Bristol every other week , 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, redkev said:

If you look close enough though most following are from the great unwashed tribe or the sort of people you would see on these various marches that seem to be in Bristol every other week , 

A few of my mates were at this and they're about as far away from the 'great unwashed tribe' as you can get. This is a completely different crowd.

I got stuck at lights yesterday waiting for them to pass. It was a surreal moment but really entertaining and all looked really good natured. Lots of people smiling, which is surely what life is all about. But I didn’t actually know what was going on until I read about it in this thread. 

• Like 1

Went to his first Bristol ride last summer. Was great fun.

Also seen him live a few times as he's from my hometown (High Wycombe).

He started off during lockdown by getting his daily exercise on a modified bike with DJ decks attached to the front - it's just grown from there.