IGNORED

Fair play

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Delighted? Not really. I’d say not bothered sums it up.

6 points that guarantee our safety shouldn’t be celebrated. How about picking up wins when it actually matters for future reference.

What a weird way to look at things, have a beer and enjoy a rare 6/6 points over the Easter weekend

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Oh I am sure there are plenty that aren't unfortunately.  

Welcome back. A couple of wins and he returns.

Anyway, just back so haven’t caught up with things but I thought first half was dull again. Credit to the changes at half time as they changed the game and we looked a lot better. 
Thought we should have seen it out better against ten men but all in all a deserved three points. 
Really enjoyable day and I do hope they don’t go down as a decent away day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Oh I am sure there are plenty that aren't unfortunately.  

Why does someone always have to say something like that 😞

Well I’m sure that there would virtually no one, who wouldn’t be delighted/pleased/relieved . 
 People forget it was the style of play and losses that were the problem for most fans who complained. 
  Let’s not use two wins to batter people over the head with and actually enjoy the win that brings all fans together. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 13
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Why does someone always have to say something like that 😞

Well I’m sure that there would virtually no one, who wouldn’t be delighted. 
 People forget it was the style of play and losses that were the problem for most fans who complained. 
  Let’s not use two wins to batter people over the head with and actually enjoy the win that brings all fans together. 

I quoted on here with 20 minutes to go in the game, two posters discussing how Manning needs to be sacked. They weren't posting about delighted they were!

After the Leicester someone posted that they were disappointed that it probably means that Manning won't be sacked. 

Someone above saying they're not delighted, but not bothered. 

There's still plenty of negativity or abstaining from positivity after we win three out for four games, and it'll be the same if we beat Sunderland.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I quoted on here with 20 minutes to go in the game, two posters discussing how Manning needs to be sacked. They weren't posting about delighted they were!

After the Leicester someone posted that they were disappointed that it probably means that Manning won't be sacked. 

There's still plenty of negativity or abstaining from positivity after we win three out for four games, and it'll be the same if we beat Sunderland.

Yes and I said virtually no one. I don’t imagine you’d ever get 100% satisfaction from fans and I doubt you’d find a club where that’s the case either.
  My point is more about, why bring it up at all as a possibility, rather than focusing on the win, people use it to be divisive and score points. 

It’s not as though the comment followed a negative one similar to what you’ve described. 

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

And if those same people came on here saying everything was fine after the results ( let’s be honest, performance wise bar Leicester haven’t been great) they’d be called fickle. 

For me, I’m still unconvinced ( not once called for his head as the main issue lies at the top) but be interesting to see how we finish up. 

• Like 1

I am absolutely delighted. The way Manning handled the obvious pressure he was under was pretty impressive. I am also really pleased that he has learned from some of his mistakes in recent weeks. I was worried that the wheels were just about to come off, but I am really looking forward to next season now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

0-0 at h-t today, or 0-0 at h-t v Swansea.  Today, every day of the week.

Pretty much impossible to have a worse first half than Swansea, but I thought we were poor first 45 today as well and it bared a lot of resemblance. Slowly grew into the half as it went on but we were really quite fortunate to go in 0-0, Plymouth very wasteful. Looking at the stats we mustered up just the 1 shot in that first half.

Second half we have pretty much battered them before and after the red card, and should’ve won more comfortably in the end. Only criticism was taking off Mehmeti whilst he causing all sorts of problems to replace him with Cornick, their right back must’ve been relieved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Twine in at number 10 with knight in midfield has to be making a difference 

As someone who hasn’t been a fan of Manning (although caveat it by saying early on I could see signs of some improvement initially) I’m delighted with the wins this weekend, but more importantly the performances. Credit where it’s due, he’s changed shape (and back again when needed) and made subs that have had a positive impact. Long may it continue.

Also, give credit if his plan all along was Twine in the 10 and Knight in the 8 / deeper (and with James) then at least he’s finally got that and he’s been unlucky with the injuries.

• Like 5

I've been really busy over the last week or so, so apart from checking in on here and folowing the BBC scores I've not had much chance to see how we've played against Leicester and Argyle, from what I can see on here though, there seems to be a bit of a more positive feel to the way we won the last two games.

We've had wins on the spin with Manning before but then we fell apart but hopefully we've now got a bit more fire in the team.

While the maths say there are still enough points to make the play offs, only the most hardened Cider drinker would think there's any hope of that. Which makes the last 6 games of the season a bit odd. With nothing to really play for it will be hard to imagine what the motivation will be to push on with the exception of creating a positive feeling to build on across the summer.

Hopefully we've put a few really difficult months behind us and can look to the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

thank god praise GIF

I know we’ve had a similar view on Manning, but it’s been unfortunate for him that he’s not had the players to do that sooner. Though pre-Twine we were suggesting he play Conway deeper behind Wells, which I still think could have worked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I know we’ve had a similar view on Manning, but it’s been unfortunate for him that he’s not had the players to do that sooner. Though pre-Twine we were suggesting he play Conway deeper behind Wells, which I still think could have worked.

I think he has. Sykes and Mehmeti.

• Like 3

Three league wins from four. Decent.

We only managed that twice under Nige in 2.5 years.

Manning has done it twice already (the other three wins on the bounce back in Dec) in less than 5 months.

Might be irrelevant, might suggest Manning isn't a complete fraud afterall. We shall see.

34 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Manning has done it twice already (the other three wins on the bounce back in Dec) in less than 5 months.

Might be irrelevant, might suggest Manning isn't a complete fraud afterall. We shall see.

It was clear from the watford west ham and forest games, that he had us ticking over really well, there was a lot of positivity around in those cup games! He was let down with the striker situation in january, and had rotten luck with the twine injury, and also, hes had to deal with the aftermath of the pearson decision. Hes certainly made mistakes too, and hopefully theres some confidence around now that we can play out the season with a good run and give hope for the future. It was only last week that yet again he was being personally ridiculed for his communication style,, and its out of order,,, hes clearly a bright successful guy, having some meat head from weston giving him personal grief is embarrassing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Although we played quite well and had our own chances I though that if it was not for Max we could have easily lost by a couple against Leicester.  So perhaps more lucky than clever?

However, although the first 30 minutes yesterday was pretty ordinary we did get on top and finished the half the better team.. I was very impressed with the triple sub’s then made at half time, especially as we had battled to get ourselves on top.. Thought we clearly deserved the win and in no small part due to the bravery of the mangers subs.

So, to be fair, now is not the time to get too high or too low albeit after these two great results.

6 hours ago, FNQ said:

Although we played quite well and had our own chances I though that if it was not for Max we could have easily lost by a couple against Leicester.  So perhaps more lucky than clever?

However, although the first 30 minutes yesterday was pretty ordinary we did get on top and finished the half the better team.. I was very impressed with the triple sub’s then made at half time, especially as we had battled to get ourselves on top.. Thought we clearly deserved the win and in no small part due to the bravery of the mangers subs.

So, to be fair, now is not the time to get too high or too low albeit after these two great results.

If we’d been given the penalties we deserved we’d have been comfortable.  Swings and roundabouts 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Well done all. That's much more like it.

We've been dreadful in recent weeks - slow, ponderous and negative - and it's been really tough to watch. Loads of us have felt really disillusioned about the direction of travel and worried about the future under Liam Manning if that's the route he wanted to take us down. 

This weekend, however, we've felt much more like the Bristol City we've all been watching over the past year or two.

Now I just implore us to stay along that path. Make the odd tweak, by all means, but we're a squad full of pace, aggression and running. Play to our bloody strengths and you'll get the best out of them - as this weekend has shown!

One other thing... Liam Manning's subs in both games have also largely made a really positive difference. So much for not being able to have an impact during the game, eh?

All together now!! "Happy days are here again,the future's bright and clear again,happy days are here again"

14 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

It was clear from the watford west ham and forest games, that he had us ticking over really well, there was a lot of positivity around in those cup games! He was let down with the striker situation in january, and had rotten luck with the twine injury, and also, hes had to deal with the aftermath of the pearson decision. Hes certainly made mistakes too, and hopefully theres some confidence around now that we can play out the season with a good run and give hope for the future. It was only last week that yet again he was being personally ridiculed for his communication style,, and its out of order,,, hes clearly a bright successful guy, having some meat head from weston giving him personal grief is embarrassing.

Whilst I agree, you can also counter that by saying the horrendous performances against Swansea, QPR and Wednesday we're all following his plan and he setup in a specific way against those that led to us being ineffective (eg not pressing high and sitting off). There's night and day between yesterday and those games (and the aforementioned games) so it's not down to the players.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

This is what we want. Unfortunately Manning has put himself in a position where he needs to rebuild trust and good will with a lot of us as fans. This weekend is a start. Hopefully the next six games can build on it and leave us feeling positive about next season.

this is where im at too. already said if they made changes id be more than happy for him to be given another chance with new leaders above him but that was never going to happen so im at a bit of a loss as to what to like and not to like. the wins are great,the team performing better is great but the shower of shit upstairs is still in place so i dont think i will be 100% happy for quite a while to come

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mozo said:

Two posters discussing Manning needs to be sacked

Someone posted after Leicester that Manning needs to be sacked

Someone says they are not delighted but are not bothered. 

I’m not sure focusing on at best four people isn’t actually underlining how supporters have become overwhelmingly positive on the back of 180 minutes of football! Hopefully with some justification!

There are always misery’s!

• Like 2