IGNORED

Fair play

Delighted would be ridiculous, but of course it's nice to be winning games. If we can get to 60 points, it'll give us a reasonable finish to the season where we can hopefully reset and work out what we actually want to achieve next season

23 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Well done all. That's much more like it.

We've been dreadful in recent weeks - slow, ponderous and negative - and it's been really tough to watch. Loads of us have felt really disillusioned about the direction of travel and worried about the future under Liam Manning if that's the route he wanted to take us down. 

This weekend, however, we've felt much more like the Bristol City we've all been watching over the past year or two.

Now I just implore us to stay along that path. Make the odd tweak, by all means, but we're a squad full of pace, aggression and running. Play to our bloody strengths and you'll get the best out of them - as this weekend has shown!

One other thing... Liam Manning's subs in both games have also largely made a really positive difference. So much for not being able to have an impact during the game, eh?

Great post.

15 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Got to give him time, if we do he will get it right. It’s so clear that it’s there, just need to find that consistency. Add a couple in and I really believe we will have a go next year 

Twine in at number 10 with knight in midfield has to be making a difference 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

We've been dreadful in recent weeks - slow, ponderous and negative - and it's been really tough to watch. Loads of us have felt really disillusioned about the direction of travel and worried about the future under Liam Manning if that's the route he wanted to take us down. 

This weekend, however, we've felt much more like the Bristol City we've all been watching over the past year or two.

Now I just implore us to stay along that path. Make the odd tweak, by all means, but we're a squad full of pace, aggression and running. Play to our bloody strengths and you'll get the best out of them - as this weekend has shown!

One other thing... Liam Manning's subs in both games have also largely made a really positive difference. So much for not being able to have an impact during the game, eh?

Amen!!

38 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

6 points, back to back clean sheets. Let’s give credit where it’s due. I’m sure all city fans are delighted 

Absolutely delighted and relieved, I hope the team and Liam can kick on with everyone moving in one direction.

I was on the verge of calling for his head, but hopefully he's beginning to turn this around and give some faith in his ability to build a successful entertaining football team.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Robin 2

7 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Twine in at number 10 with knight in midfield has to be making a difference 

Would argue James has made as much if not more difference? James, Knight and Twine is a nice midfield 3.

• Like 19

Today was more like, was fully expecting a poor result and performance today but credit to the manager and the team i was pleasantly surprised. 

Need to keep this up for the rest of the season now, we clearly have the ability its just finding that consistency.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Would argue James has made as much if not more difference? James, Knight and Twine is a nice midfield 3.

Would agree with all of the above - but I maintain the biggest difference has been the intent.

Playing 20 yards further up the pitch against Leicester, going after the ball, closing people down, putting tackles in, playing at pace... All far more important than any personnel or formational change IMO.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Agreed, but having the other 2 fit and in their correct positions just makes things better?! The 3 of them are a decent championship midfield combination 

45 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Regardless of managers and the politics of the football club. I can’t understand or believe any genuine City fan would want us too lose.

I don’t think anyone wants us to lose but they capitalise when we do so they get a positive from it 

I think if you’re prepared to dish it out you also have to be prepared to give credit when it’s due. So well done to Manning and team. Push on now please for a strong season and don’t let this just be a purple patch.

• Like 2
  • Robin 3

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

Did you copy and paste that?

Some find it so hard to accept you can be a City fan and critical at the same time.

Nicely composed, but then you are a writer!

46 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Would agree with all of the above - but I maintain the biggest difference has been the intent.

Playing 20 yards further up the pitch against Leicester, going after the ball, closing people down, putting tackles in, playing at pace... All far more important than any personnel or formational change IMO.

Makes such a difference doesn’t it.

If this is more like we’ll be served up each week, that’s good.

Nd without being a hypocrite about the opening 25-30, and in all honesty it wasn’t very good, you can still see a team that digs in…and sometimes you have to weather the storm away from home.

I’d rather we imposed our game from the start, but it doesn’t always happen.

0-0 at h-t today, or 0-0 at h-t v Swansea.  Today, every day of the week.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

So in Manning's 10 wins, only 2 showed the right intent?

28 minutes ago, mozo said:

So in Manning's 10 wins, only 2 showed the right intent?

That’s clearly not what I said or even intimated, but also I think you know that.

We’ve been good this weekend and Manning deserves real credit for that.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Easter Weekend after back-to-back wins.

Edited by The Journalist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

This is what we want. Unfortunately Manning has put himself in a position where he needs to rebuild trust and good will with a lot of us as fans. This weekend is a start. Hopefully the next six games can build on it and leave us feeling positive about next season.

Why does he?

He didn’t ask for the job, when given the task he’s applied his approach (like it or not) we can see there are some learnings going on hence the mixed results & performances.

You’re conflating the actions of the board with Mannings role.