IGNORED

You don’t want to lose to City - Foster fired

I'm not sure what Plymouth are thinking there. It's not the sacking of Foster so much but the totally unplanned solution they have in place which looks like something they knocked up in a ten minute Board Meeting..........almost like the Owner had another engagement he didn't want to miss so came up with something off the top of his head.

If Steve came up with a cunning plan like that this place would be in the meltdown of all meltdowns......especially if it involved Tinnion in charge!!!!! They have to go to Rotherham on Friday - fail to win there and it's looking like dire straits for them. That said Rotherham are an absolutely terrible side at this level (probably won't stop them coming to us and getting something though!!) and despite winning yesterday should have been obliterated by all accounts.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/foster-departs

Plymouth Argyle can confirm Head Coach Ian Foster has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect. 

Today’s 1-0 defeat to Bristol City has seen the club fail to win and score in five successive home games, with Argyle now sitting just one point above the relegation zone.

The Argyle Board feel now is the time to make a change in an effort to secure Argyle’s Sky Bet Championship survival for another season.

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip supported by first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge of the team for the remainder of the season, with Simon Ireland and Daryl Flahavan continuing in their respective roles.  

Chairman Simon Hallett said: “Ian was hired through a thorough and extensive recruitment process and his coaching credentials really stood out when making the appointment.

“But we have to balance long-term stability against short-term decisions, and we have given Ian as long as possible to see if results could improve.

“Unfortunately, that hasn’t been the case, and we feel now is the right time to make a change to give us the best chance of securing survival. 

“The Green Army have been incredible in recent weeks, as ever, and we need you all now to continue that support as we embark on the final weeks of the campaign with Neil and Nance in charge. 

“Together we can achieve what we set out to achieve at the start of the season.”

Everyone at Argyle would like to thank Ian for his tireless efforts during his time at the club and wish him well for the future.

Edited by shahanshahan

4 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Am I right in thinking our last trip to Home Park was Gary Johnson's last game before he got sacked?

You've done it now.......I'll give it 30 minutes before he starts.

It was by the way 

Edited by CodeRed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

We've had our nice little trip down there now, quite happy for them to tootle off back down to L1 and resume playing the Few et al, whilst we crack on with yer Leeds's, yer Leicesters'ss, and yer Sunderlands (ie the big boy's) 

Agree. Apart from the first 20 minutes which I can't remember facing that amount of corners in such a short space of time, we looked at worst comfortable. As soon as we scored you could see their belief disappear. Their Coach had no ideas to change anything or respond positively in any way.

Back off to L1. It's where they belong.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm not sure what Plymouth are thinking there. It's not the sacking of Foster so much but the totally unplanned solution they have in place which looks like something they knocked up in a ten minute Board Meeting..........almost like the Owner had another engagement he didn't want to miss so came up with something off the top of his head.

If Steve came up with a cunning plan like that this place would be in the meltdown of all meltdowns......especially if it involved Tinnion in charge!!!!! They have to go to Rotherham on Friday - fail to win there and it's looking like dire straits for them. That said Rotherham are an absolutely terrible side at this level (probably won't stop them coming to us and getting something though!!) and despite winning yesterday should have been obliterated by all accounts.

Not saying it’s the right call, but when Schumacher went they put Dewsnip and Nancekivell in temporary charge.   Played against Nancekivell back in the day.  One of those players who got a late career shot at being a pro.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

He can go back to working for the FA as an England youth coach where there was some success .

I guess whatever he did with them hasn’t worked at Plymouth.

Almost like he was dealing with men rather than boys..

• Hmmm 1

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not saying it’s the right call, but when Schumacher went they put Dewsnip and Nancekivell in temporary charge.   Played against Nancekivell back in the day.  One of those players who got a late career shot at being a pro.

Their game on Friday is massive. Win that and I think it will be a skin of the teeth job for them. Lose and I reckon that will be the first nail firmly hammered in. Not sure a draw helps them much either. If there is one game Plymouth need their travelling numbers (real numbers not Gasflation ones) it's this one.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Hmmm.. Cunning plan, forum meltdown, Tinnion in charge… As if that could happen.. 😢

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I think its the embarrassment of losing to us that finally finishes managers off

We did have that one season where we saw off about six managers.....can't remember when it was but I think GJ may have been in charge?

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good piece by Foxpunter on this.

NB - before anyone says it, posted specifically about Foster and Edwards….

If I were a club owner / DoF / key decision maker, I’d be paying this guy consultant rates in any new manager searches.

• Like 3