IGNORED

You don’t want to lose to City - Foster fired

Here’s Colin…

Lovely line about Directors of Football: “I think they all want to be the manager when they win the game but say they don’t want to when they lose”

And in that thinks Dewsnip wants to be a manager really.

If I was a ‘muff fan I’d have potentially taken him for the last six - purely on the basis that I’m not sure what they’re running with is any massive upswing from Foster based on the period between Schumacher and Foster and they seem like they need something a bit different.

And no, Im not saying he’d be guaranteed to get them out of it but it would make a degree of sense for six games only. Dewsnip seems a bit of a divisive figure.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Here’s Colin…

Lovely line about Directors of Football: “I think they all want to be the manager when they win the game but say they don’t want to when they lose”

And in that thinks Dewsnip wants to be a manager really.

If I was a ‘muff fan I’d have potentially taken him for the last six - purely on the basis that I’m not sure what they’re running with is any massive upswing from Foster based on the period between Schumacher and Foster and they seem like they need something a bit different.

And no, Im not saying he’d be guaranteed to get them out of it but it would make a degree of sense for six games only. Dewsnip seems a bit of a divisive figure.

It would certainly get the fans behind them, they love old Neil down there.

48 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I think their decision not to appoint someone like Warnock, could end up being their downfall now……their internal “appointment” could backfire massively.

They are badly in need of a win on Friday night……..

Only 3 games ago some on here thought we could be dragged into a relegation battle, anybody in the bottom 5 that can win half their games that are left will probably stay up, it's in their hands.

Edited by pillred

56 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I think their decision not to appoint someone like Warnock, could end up being their downfall now……their internal “appointment” could backfire massively.

They are badly in need of a win on Friday night……..

Yeah seemed like a no-brainer given his home location. A team with obvious attacking ability that looks like it needs 'firing up' and to get back to Home Park being a bit of fortress, like it was before Christmas.

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

A long standing director of Plymouth resigned the week before this game for "personal reasons", which can mean anything.

I would say that they have problems.

Heard someone say they said that and then took up a new job, very weird

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

I presume like a lot of young managers he was trying to get Plymouth playing a certain way that their squad couldn’t cope with ?

Their goals certainly dried up when he came in .

Sounds familiar

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fair play, that’s a bloody good communication. Open, treating fans like grown ups.

It’ll never catch on.

That is what you call leadership. No untruths in there. You don’t have to agree with the bloke but you can’t fault the way he’s put it across. No criticism of the failed manager, no digs, not taking fans for idiots, no unnecessary defensive jibes (he doesn’t need to explain to fans he wants the best for the club), no justification of his own position, just a realistic summing up of the clubs position. No comparison to our “leadership”, that’s for sure.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Herta said:

Who cares that Plymouth board appointed totally the wrong man who lasted three months, they can write a good letter and that’s what matters. 

To some the club acting professionally does count. Any club can make a poor appointment and many do. To use a phrase of our manager the behaviours of the club and the way it interacts with fans will ultimately have an affect on fan (or customer) engagement so whilst it’s not all that matters it does matter!! It shows they do care for a start.

• Like 4