IGNORED

End of Season Awards 2023/24 - VOTING NOW OPEN!

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/end-of-season-awards-2023-24-vote-now/

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/1_Awards2324

Voting for the Supporters Club & Trust 2023/24 end of season awards is now open.

With over a month of the Sky Bet Championship season left, we invite you to cast your vote for Men’s Player of the Year, Men’s Young Player of the Year & Men’s Champagne Moment.

With only several weeks of the Barclays Women’s Super League season still remaining, we also invite you to cast your vote for Women’s Player of the Year, Women’s Young Player of the Year & Women’s Champagne Moment.

You can view winners of last season’s awards here.

Voting closes at midnight on Saturday 13th April 2024.

Whether you follow one or both of the teams, please cast your votes accordingly. Should there be an award that you do not have a vote for, you can skip that award for by simply clicking ‘Next‘ on the appropriate page.

The award presentations will commence before the end of the season, with details/timings to be arranged & then announced. The latest updates can be found on our own social media as well as those of the football club.

GKJVS_4W4AAq7li?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

Dickie by a country mile

Conway begrudgingly in the absence of anyone better. I thought we were supposed to have a young team?

Conway goal versus West Ham away

Clicked past the women (yes you can do this) as I don't know enough

• Like 4

POTS = Rob Dickie (by a mile)

YPOTS = Tommy Conway (not a lot of choice)

Champagne Moment = The complete evisceration of the club's hierarchy and their lack of clarity by @Ron W on Sky Sports*

*If everyone could vote for this as Champagne Moment the penny might finally drop

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Dickie by a country mile

Conway begrudgingly in the absence of anyone better. I thought we were supposed to have a young team?

Conway goal versus West Ham away

Clicked past the women (yes you can do this) as I don't know enough

To be fair I was trying to work out if anyone had been missed out by mistake and I’m assuming Bell is just a touch too old. But the nominees being Medube (30 minutes), Knight-Lebel (60 minutes), Joseph James (90 minutes), Yeboah (8? Subs) and Tommy make it pretty easy - and pretty stark in respect of the pathway this season.

Champagne moment is Soton obviously 😂

POTY is Dickie and it's not even close.

YPOTY is Conway by default.

Champagne? Well I went with "The introduction of the Football Governance Bill in March 2024, and it's intended objective requiring club officials to satisfy a test of their "competency". The champagne is on ice for the moment but this will hopefully, in time, lead to competent directors being in charge of Bristol City."

Fingers crossed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair I was trying to work out if anyone had been missed out by mistake and I’m assuming Bell is just a touch too old. But the nominees being Medube (30 minutes), Knight-Lebel (60 minutes), Joseph James (90 minutes), Yeboah (8? Subs) and Tommy make it pretty easy - and pretty stark in respect of the pathway this season.

The difference this season is that we've concentrated on the U18s as it was felt they have an outstanding group.

This has meant they've not had the same full promotion to the U21s as in prevoius seasons and that group is therefore relatively weaker.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Aren’t Bell & Conway same age?

Haydon Roberts too. He’s a better option than Mebude, James etc? 

Unless it’s something to do with age at start of season I guess. 

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Can someone explain why I can’t vote for Sam Bell or Roberts for Young Player please ?

1 hour ago, shahanshahan said:

For the YPOTY awards, the guidance is that the player would have been under 21 at the start of the season

Roberts - Born May 2002

Bell - Born May 2002

Conway - Born August 2002.

I appreciate we may view Roberts and Bell as young players but @shahanshahan explained the criteria earlier in the thread and it’s not a long thread to have had to read through before asking a question he’s already answered…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Roberts - Born May 2002

Bell - Born May 2002

I appreciate we may view Roberts and Bell as young players but @shahanshahan explained the criteria earlier in the thread and it’s not a long thread to have had to read through before asking a question he’s already answered…

To be fair, the young player category was described as a 'guidance' in terms of the cut off ages, can't be beyond the observational skills of the people setting this up to think... 'maybe we should add another 12 months to the criteria, give fans a genuine choice as at the moment there is almost a winner by default'.

'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olé said:

POTS = Rob Dickie (by a mile)

YPOTS = Tommy Conway (not a lot of choice)

Champagne Moment = The complete evisceration of the club's hierarchy and their lack of clarity by @Ron W on Sky Sports*

*If everyone could vote for this as Champagne Moment the penny might finally drop

I had never read that before. Sums up so much, obviously the bloke writing it knows the club well 

For information purposes I voted for OLeary. In my head it was him or Dickie but OLeary deserves to be recognized even if it’s for second place. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Roberts - Born May 2002

Bell - Born May 2002

Fair enough and I should have read it. Seems mad though that 3 months matters. I cannot vote for Conway or any of the others as I don’t think they are deserving.  Bell or Roberts are hardly deserving either but at least there would be a proper choice 

3 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

For the womens football, should there not be a “do not watch or follow the women’s game” 

You’ll get a lot of votes for random women’s players who might win on luck rather than merit?

If only the original post said "Should there be an award that you do not have a vote for, you can skip that award for by simply clicking ‘Next‘ on the appropriate page.". 

Oh. It did. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

For the womens football, should there not be a “do not watch or follow the women’s game” 

You’ll get a lot of votes for random women’s players who might win on luck rather than merit?

Yep just picked out 2 names.

• Haha 1

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

If only the original post said "Should there be an award that you do not have a vote for, you can skip that award for by simply clicking ‘Next‘ on the appropriate page.". 

Oh. It did. 

Ah didn't see that either!

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Fair enough and I should have read it. Seems mad though that 3 months matters. I cannot vote for Conway or any of the others as I don’t think they are deserving.  Bell or Roberts are hardly deserving either but at least there would be a proper choice 

Tommy only makes it by 1 day. Birthday 6 August, first game 5 August.

I voted for Dickie and Conway. 

Champagne moment for me was Cornick’s goal v Southampton. I wasn’t at the West Ham game so didn’t see Conway’s equaliser live. And I just missed his goal in the home game after getting to the ground late because of a problem with the bus I was on. 

It seems from this thread like it's going to be fairly unanimous voting in the main men's categories this year. The only player I seriously considered other than Dickie was O'Leary and, whilst Conway's not had a vintage season, he's the only one in that category you can really make a case for.