IGNORED

End of Season Awards 2023/24 - VOTING NOW OPEN!

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Fair, though having scored the winner v Leicester & being involved in the goal yesterday, Mehmeti might well climb that list by season’s end.

Wells might only have 4 league goals too but the 3 away from home (equaliser at Hull, what should have been a late winner at Cov & only goal yesterday) were all important ones..

Yeah to be fair a lot of the bottom end are there due to lack of game time a la Wells. He just hasn’t played enough to climb higher, ditto Roberts.

With Anis, I don’t think he’s had a large number of “better than average” games. I liked the additional confidence he seemed to have yesterday but the decisions are still ropey. I’d think that he’d have to go some to get ahead of (for example) Bell who has had a better season than I’d anticipated - still not sure of his ultimate level. At a push, an excellent last six might get him level with Bell overall but it does still markedly illustrate our problems when the only attacking player in our best nine for me is Sykes.

• Like 2

Dickie

Conway

Conway away at West Ham / Bell winner against Swansea away after we had 4 goals ruled out first half 

Closely ran third place, any of the below:

- Local press having to put community notes correcting c.three separate points our technical director made to local radio when trying to put a positive spin on things

- our chairman saying he can’t go into behind the scenes reasons for binning off the most senior medical person at the club, then detailing international break training schedules minutes later

- Highly self thought of Twitter “ITKers” deleting their accounts after saying local press were ‘very poor these days’ are ‘in the mud’ and ‘had no sources anymore’ for dismissing Lampard

- Adam Murphy having a c.5 month long mini pre season, involving no games

- Southampton at home (sorry)

- first 35 mins vs Plymouth at home (still the most enjoyable snippet of a game of the season, although sorry it doesn’t count because they made changes to their previous starting 11) 

- The quality of stake pasties vs last season. Superb. (This one probably takes it)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

POTS - Max, single handedly saved us from several batterings. Could have easily been 3 or 4 down at HT vs West Ham in the first game, we could have lost 5-0 or more at home versus Leeds, MOTM v Leicester at home as examples.

YPOY. Tommy, he is a great prospect albeit for new employers next season.

Champagne Moment(s).. Putting 9 goals past Liam Manning sides over two games earlier in the season them head-hunting him as Head Coach.

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Thanks, but not the link I was looking for.

My champagne moment was going to be the spoof video of JL giving his reasons why Nige was sacked 😂

Ha, found it now

Thanks, I've just had to remove the coffee I've sprayed over my excessively wide monitor from laughing so hard. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 02/04/2024 at 10:07, ExiledAjax said:

POTY is Dickie and it's not even close.

YPOTY is Conway by default.

Champagne? Well I went with "The introduction of the Football Governance Bill in March 2024, and it's intended objective requiring club officials to satisfy a test of their "competency". The champagne is on ice for the moment but this will hopefully, in time, lead to competent directors being in charge of Bristol City."

Fingers crossed.

Yeh, we are who that bill is designed to protect 🤪

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What do you mean? Could you elaborate please?

Well I think by and large this is meant to govern against financial mismanagement and clubs futures being put at risk. Although they have many faults I don’t think our owners fall into this category. I don’t think a minister or third party who will review these regulations will want to hear about some city fans kicking and screaming because we don’t win enough football games

35 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Well I think by and large this is meant to govern against financial mismanagement and clubs futures being put at risk. Although they have many faults I don’t think our owners fall into this category. I don’t think a minister or third party who will review these regulations will want to hear about some city fans kicking and screaming because we don’t win enough football games

A fair summary.

But the specific new competency element of the proposed new Directors test will be relevant to our board of two. 

As will, potentially, any terms of the new Code for Football Governance. As and when that is published I think we will see that changes to our board of directors is necessary in order to comply.

41 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

A fair summary.

But the specific new competency element of the proposed new Directors test will be relevant to our board of two. 

As will, potentially, any terms of the new Code for Football Governance. As and when that is published I think we will see that changes to our board of directors is necessary in order to comply.

Haven’t read it really apart from knowing it is generally a good thing for the game. How does it affect someone more ‘stable’ like us out of interest?

Jason Knight POTS 

Conway YPOTS 

Have zero knowledge or interest in the women’s game so didn’t bother voting, same for the champagne moment. Left that blank as don’t feel there’s genuinely been any. Maybe the West Ham win but it’s just West Ham… hardly exciting. Although expecting Jon and Tins to reveal some wall art with Conway cutting the ribbon to celebrate next January as a 1 year anniversary… Christ what a shite season 😂

On 02/04/2024 at 09:45, Olé said:

POTS = Rob Dickie (by a mile)

YPOTS = Tommy Conway (not a lot of choice)

Champagne Moment = The complete evisceration of the club's hierarchy and their lack of clarity by @Ron W on Sky Sports*

*If everyone could vote for this as Champagne Moment the penny might finally drop

There’s no chance the Trust would publish the results of the champagne moment if it was controversial.

IIRC Mark Ashton leaving won it before but the award was quietly forgotten about.

• SC&T Board Members
10 hours ago, Henry said:

There’s no chance the Trust would publish the results of the champagne moment if it was controversial.

IIRC Mark Ashton leaving won it before but the award was quietly forgotten about.

The results of the awards were published in full that year, as they always are: https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/end-of-season-awards/

• Like 3

There have been so many (:laugh:), but champagne moment I think I have to go for Conway's finish at West Ham.

POTS: Max, as he has improved more and more and certainly changed my opinion of him   I know this is not a majority view, but it is mine.

Edited by AppyDAZE

On 05/04/2024 at 17:36, shahanshahan said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/vote-for-your-players-of-the-year/

"the Men’s Awards will be presented at the home fixture against Rotherham United on Saturday, April 27th and the Women’s Awards will be presented at the home fixture against Everton on Saturday, May 18th"

The picture on that webpage is full of Arsenal fans from City Women v Arsenal game.

4 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Bit hard not to be when it’s not segregated , there’s city fans in the pic too.0

When they have thousands of pictures they can use for promoting our end of season awards, why on earth choose one full of opposition supporters? They've just not thought about it, have they?

• Like 1

On 07/04/2024 at 14:17, Sleepy1968 said:

The picture on that webpage is full of Arsenal fans from City Women v Arsenal game.

I didn't even notice this at first when posting the link - it's not so obvious at first, and another board member had to point this out to me. Surprised the media team at the club didn't check fully which photo to use for the article

On 03/04/2024 at 13:52, Negan said:

Jason Knight POTS 

Conway YPOTS 

Have zero knowledge or interest in the women’s game so didn’t bother voting, same for the champagne moment. Left that blank as don’t feel there’s genuinely been any. Maybe the West Ham win but it’s just West Ham… hardly exciting. Although expecting Jon and Tins to reveal some wall art with Conway cutting the ribbon to celebrate next January as a 1 year anniversary… Christ what a shite season 😂

I was going to say, Knight seems to have played his way out of contention!

11 hours ago, mozo said:

I was going to say, Knight seems to have played his way out of contention!

Was a close one between him and Dickie for me, Knight has dropped a bit towards the end of the season but overall think he’s been a quality signing. Always available, runs his socks off and has to be the highest for distanced covered over the season. Scored some important goals too. My player of the season but could have easily been Dickie too.