Firstly, thought Bournemouth was a strange move for him but they have shown great quality this season. Them and Wolves are the two shock performers in the premier league for me this season.

On to Scott himself. Great to see him make his England U21 debut last week but in terms of the premier league, he does seem to be struggling to make an impact. No doubt early season injuries have played a part, but I thought his transition to the premier would be pretty smooth ability wise. However, fit he either seems to start on the bench or if he does start, gets pulled off relatively early. Again tonight he was take off at half time.

Hopefully he will finish this season well and kick on next season. Looking forward to seeing what our former star boy can do.

55 minutes ago, pillred said:

Finding it difficult to join in this love-in for Alex Scott, sorry if that sounds harsh but to me it's like wishing your ex-wife well after she has left you for a bloke uglier than you who had a few bob, whilst you had to carry on working in Aldi.

Sainsbury's more like, Aldi would be Bristol Rovers :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Firstly, thought Bournemouth was a strange move for him but they have shown great quality this season. Them and Wolves are the two shock performers in the premier league for me this season.

On to Scott himself. Great to see him make his England U21 debut last week but in terms of the premier league, he does seem to be struggling to make an impact. No doubt early season injuries have played a part, but I thought his transition to the premier would be pretty smooth ability wise. However, fit he either seems to start on the bench or if he does start, gets pulled off relatively early. Again tonight he was take off at half time.

Hopefully he will finish this season well and kick on next season. Looking forward to seeing what our former star boy can do.

Really big talent but don’t underestimate just how big a jump it is from Championship to consistently performing in the Prem 

He was by no means the finished article at City - drifted in and out games - and some people saying he could make the England set up at the time of the move were clearly getting ahead of themselves 

Next season will be a big one for him 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, pillred said:

Finding it difficult to join in this love-in for Alex Scott, sorry if that sounds harsh but to me it's like wishing your ex-wife well after she has left you for a bloke uglier than you who had a few bob, whilst you had to carry on working in Aldi.

I think of it more like the prodigal relative whose progress you take an interest in. 
I’m sad to see them go but totally understand why they needed to move onwards. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Scott finding it tough right now and in some poor form.  No doubt he will come out of it stronger.  Semenyo though is going from strength to strength.  What a player he has turned into 

And to think there were many on here that said he wasn’t good enough and compared him to a “headless chicken” !!!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, pillred said:

Quite a detailed analogy there bud, in fact too detailed !! ........anyway hope your early Aldi shift has gone well 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Bournemouth fans are still convinced he will go onto better things than them soon. It’s just a blip in form 

I think the problem from what i have seen is that he's not great out of possession. One thing he'll certainly need to improve 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Really big talent but don’t underestimate just how big a jump it is from Championship to consistently performing in the Prem 

He was by no means the finished article at City - drifted in and out games - and some people saying he could make the England set up at the time of the move were clearly getting ahead of themselves 

Next season will be a big one for him 

He’s got a good manager there. Giving him a few games then putting him on the bench. Like you say he should be looking to step it up next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TV Tom said:

And to think there were many on here that said he wasn’t good enough and compared him to a “headless chicken” !!!

Some said he was “League 1 at best”. Scouts don’t look at one bad performance and condemn a player generally whereas some fans do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Some said he was “League 1 at best”. Scouts don’t look at one bad performance and condemn a player generally whereas some fans do.

Exactly this. Bobby Reid was another written off by many, fair play to LJ for transforming him, he did get something right !!

• Hmmm 1

Alex will go to the very top in my opinion. What people are forgetting is that he has had a stop / start season with his injuries. The little run of games, when he first came back, all of the pundits were giving him credit for helping turn Bournemouth's bad start around and then he got crocked by a bad tackle and was out again. 

Hasn't refound his best firm since.

• Like 4

There is no guarantee he will come good next season,certainly not 1st choice at the moment,Antoine's performances have been much more impressive! Looks a little lost at times when i watch Bournemouth. Might go on and become a better player,on the other hand could disappear into obscurity.Either way he does not play for us anymore so i don't really care.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He was out for a long time, then it looks like he was pulled early when trying 2 starts on the trot. There could be some protection taking place for him. It almost looks like he starts every other game , plays in most . The last game him off for Semenyo , without even seeing the game you can be sure that was tactical.  First year in the Prem and playing at least a part in almost every game he's available, at his age I'd say that was good.

Screenshot2024-04-03at11_12_26.png.b460f08666b8198f9b74ef370818740f.png

33 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

There is no guarantee he will come good next season,certainly not 1st choice at the moment,Antoine's performances have been much more impressive! Looks a little lost at times when i watch Bournemouth. Might go on and become a better player,on the other hand could disappear into obscurity.Either way he does not play for us anymore so i don't really care.

You don’t care that he plays well for Bournemouth and potentially earns money for the club that can be used to pay for the next crop of players we bring in?

• Like 2

In many ways, Scott's injuries have put him in a similar place to a January signing. He didn't have a pre-season at Bournemouth, the pre-season he had at City was massively undermined by two long-term injuries in four months and he has had to adjust into a team mid-season.

I'm sure he'd have liked to have had more of an immediate impact but, at the same time, he's faced relatively little adversity in his career so far and this season's experience could give him an opportunity to develop and learn. I think it's very early to be judging him as a Premier League player. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Not sure that was the complaint. He always looked like he added something to the squad, but in his first full games for us he struggled to score and seemed lacking in confidence to shoot.

Some thought he might make a midfielder but not a striker, others that it was a confidence thing and he'd come good. Which proved correct.

Oh what we'd give for a robust frontman able to hold off defenders, now. 

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

think it's very early to be judging him as a Premier League player

The lad’s got it. No one falls over as well as he does. 
I don’t think there’s really a question of whether he’s Prem quality or not . He is playing at that level and will only improve with experience. 

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not sure that was the complaint. He always looked like he added something to the squad, but in his first full games for us he struggled to score and seemed lacking in confidence to shoot.

Some thought he might make a midfielder but not a striker, others that it was a confidence thing and he'd come good. Which proved correct.

Absolutely, once he bulked out a bit he terrorised defences, I loved his unpredictability, hopefully Memhetti will head the same way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Absolutely, once he bulked out a bit he terrorised defences, I loved his unpredictability, hopefully Memhetti will head the same way

We had one but unfortunately City had to sell Semenyo and much of the revenue went towards financing the running the club.

Had City been able to hang on to AS he’d have be a nightmare for Championship defenders.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Not sure that was the complaint. He always looked like he added something to the squad, but in his first full games for us he struggled to score and seemed lacking in confidence Sammy Szomidics anyoneto shoot.

Sammy Szmodics anyone? Could certainly do with his goals

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We had one but unfortunately City had to sell Semenyo and much of the revenue went towards financing the running the club.

Had City been able to hang on to AS he’d have be a nightmare for Championship defenders.

Agreed and with our solid defence AS could of made all the difference in our league position 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Best part of £6m of that 10 was reinvested in McCrorie, Dickie, Knight, Mehmeti and Cornick don’t forget.