24 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Sammy Szmodics anyone? Could certainly do with his goals

With hindsight, he should've been given more time to develop. I got to hold my hands up and admit that I didn't see him adapting to the Championship at the time. He looked lost. 

44 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Sammy Szmodics anyone? Could certainly do with his goals

Szmodics was at City under LJ but barely got a look in. Played in only three games before moving on to the Posh.

I’m guessing he wasn’t the player back then that he is now.

13 hours ago, pillred said:

Finding it difficult to join in this love-in for Alex Scott, sorry if that sounds harsh but to me it's like wishing your ex-wife well after she has left you for a bloke uglier than you who had a few bob, whilst you had to carry on working in Aldi.

Its because Alex Scott is a generational talent destined for bigger & better things. That was clearly evident whilst he was here. To be the EFL player of the season playing for a mid table provincial side in a footballing backwater takes some doing. Bournemouth also realise it and if he carries on the same trajectory he'll be off to a bigger club before long.

13 hours ago, pillred said:

Finding it difficult to join in this love-in for Alex Scott, sorry if that sounds harsh but to me it's like wishing your ex-wife well after she has left you for a bloke uglier than you who had a few bob, whilst you had to carry on working in Aldi.

Issues?

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

You don’t care that he plays well for Bournemouth and potentially earns money for the club that can be used to pay for the next crop of players we bring in?

I care how he does, as I do for most, if not all of our ex players. Given our recent history, I wouldn’t pin any hopes of any funds coming to the club through him, being spent on future players though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JP Hampton said:

I care how he does, as I do for most, if not all of our ex players. Given our recent history, I wouldn’t pin any hopes of any funds coming to the club through him, being spent on future players though. 

You might be right. The main argument put forward for keeping Manning is "let him build a side then judge" so it would be bloody ironic if the Lansdown's didn't give him the resources to do so!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You might be right. The main argument put forward for keeping Manning is "let him build a side then judge" so it would be bloody ironic if the Lansdown's didn't give him the resources to do so!!

That’s true👍

I was planning to write a thread about this last night. Living here in Bournemouth, I get to watch the occasional game and attended last night's match, particularly interested in observing Scott, Kelly, and Semenyo.

I have to admit, Scott seemed like a real passenger last night, and I wasn't surprised to see him substituted at halftime. It's rather surprising, isn't it? Between Semenyo and Scott, you'd expect Scott to be the one to shine.

Nevertheless, I still believe Scott will prove to be a class player in the Premier League. Perhaps he just needs some time to adapt to the pace of the game.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I was planning to write a thread about this last night. Living here in Bournemouth, I get to watch the occasional game and attended last night's match, particularly interested in observing Scott, Kelly, and Semenyo.

I have to admit, Scott seemed like a real passenger last night, and I wasn't surprised to see him substituted at halftime. It's rather surprising, isn't it? Between Semenyo and Scott, you'd expect Scott to be the one to shine.

Nevertheless, I still believe Scott will prove to be a class player in the Premier League. Perhaps he just needs some time to adapt to the pace of the game.

Semenyo didn't settle straight away either, you've watched more of Bournemouth than me but it seems like he's only found his feet this season.

Alex has had two big (ish) injuries in a relatively short space of time at an early stage of his career. Add in the massive step up between the Premier League and the Championship and it's no surprise that he's still acclimatising to his new side. If stays fit for the rest of this season and then pre-season I expect he'll kick on next season.

I would start to worry if he picks another injury that keeps him out the team for a prolonged period.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Scott finding it tough right now and in some poor form.  No doubt he will come out of it stronger.  Semenyo though is going from strength to strength.  What a player he has turned into 

I know I'm a bit late to the thread, but I watched the entire match v Everton. Scott didn't feature from the bench, but Antoine started, and looked as good as he ever did for us, but in the league above.

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Its because Alex Scott is a generational talent destined for bigger & better things. That was clearly evident whilst he was here. To be the EFL player of the season playing for a mid table provincial side in a footballing backwater takes some doing. Bournemouth also realise it and if he carries on the same trajectory he'll be off to a bigger club before long.

I've no doubt he is a fine player, but it's not like he's Bristol-born and bred, he played with us for a little while and now he doesn't, of course, there is going to be some interest but the way some on here go on you would think he had been here man and boy and was very reluctant to leave which was not really the case, I can perfectly well though understand why he did what he did. 

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Szmodics was at City under LJ but barely got a look in. Played in only three games before moving on to the Posh.

I’m guessing he wasn’t the player back then that he is now.

When I was watching him playing up at SGS he was certainly looking a player...and had an eye for goal.

36 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Injuries.

Not helped by the alleged misdiagnosis he recieved by our medical team, only picked up by Bournemouth at his medical. 

Nearly cost the club our largest ever transfer fee, but no biggie. 

did it cost DR his job?