IGNORED

Sunderland away match thread

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Hang on there city.  No away point is a bad point 

Would usually agree but points aren’t so important now. Would give anything for a decent performance with an indication of how we’re going to play going forward. I hope that isn’t it. 

• Like 1

I’d rather see a performance than a point to be honest. I see no signs that the football will get any better. Grabbing a lucky point against a team on an atrocious run just papers over some major cracks in my opinion. 

• Like 6

Never seen a game where we’ve lost nearly every one on one battle, every second ball and the Sunderland players have outmuscled us in every duel.

There was no fight there at all and we’re lucky to escape with a point.

Some will point to the run of clean sheets, but to me that’s fool’s gold. Vardy would bury his chances 70-80% of the time. Sunderland would have scored those chances more often than not. That’s luck rather than good defending.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Negatives - Dickie not playing, rubbish all over the pitch, witnessing the whole 90 minutes

Positives - Max, 3rd clean sheet in a row, the game is over 

That's a spot on summary tbf! 

Just now, Jose said:

I’d rather see a performance than a point to be honest. I see no signs that the football will get any better. Grabbing a lucky point against a team on an atrocious run just papers over some major cracks in my opinion. 

That’s all these last three games have done. It’s like throwing Poundland wrapping paper over the Grand Canyon.

• Haha 1