IGNORED

Bye Bye Rotherham

38 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Argyle 1 up.

Plymouth started the season well and were playing some good football scoring loads of goals till the change of management.

Think the trouble was their new ex manager tried to get the team to play nice fancy football (don’t they all!) which didn't suit them and dropped some popular players.

With the Plymouth fixtures to come bar Leicester they ought to do enough to stay up really.

QPR
Stoke
Millwall
Hull on the final day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Plymouth started the season well and were playing some good football scoring loads of goals till the change of management.

Think the trouble was their new ex manager tried to get the team to play nice fancy football (don’t they all!) which didn't suit them and dropped some popular players.

With the Plymouth fixtures to come bar Leicester they ought to do enough to stay up really.

QPR
Stoke
Millwall
Hull on the final day.

I hope they stay up - was a brilliant away day on Monday 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

QPR
Stoke
Millwall
Hull on the final day.

They did lose two incredibly key players in January too - Finn Azaz and Luke Cundle but the manager did have a significant effect too. Under Schumacher their philosophy was `we`ll score more than you` particularly at home and the fans loved it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

QPR
Stoke
Millwall
Hull on the final day.

It’s interesting really,Plymouth had their manager poached because he done a good job,when was that last time a City manager was sought after 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

I hope they stay up - was a brilliant away day on Monday 👍

So do I. I live down here and have a lot of good mates who support them. I often say, you see far more Argyle shirts around Plymouth than premier league ones and most of the fans support them because their dad did and his dad before him. You only have to look at their away support too - it`s nothing to for them to take 1200 to Wigan on a wet February Tuesday and it`s a hundred miles before you get anywhere for them.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So do I. I live down here and have a lot of good mates who support them. I often say, you see far more Argyle shirts around Plymouth than premier league ones and most of the fans support them because their dad did and his dad before him. You only have to look at their away support too - it`s nothing to for them to take 1200 to Wigan on a wet February Tuesday and it`s a hundred miles before you get anywhere for them.

I would careful on quoting dad and dads dads down there more often than not it’s the same person 👀

• Haha 3

As you said, huge 3 points for Plymouth. Could be the catalyst to keep them up.

Rotherham on the other hand are a yo-yo club, and wouldn't be surprised to see them come straight back up next year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ecko said:

As you said, huge 3 points for Plymouth. Could be the catalyst to keep them up.

Rotherham on the other hand are a yo-yo club, and wouldn't be surprised to see them come straight back up next year. 

It must be incredibly frustrating for their fans to keep doing that, some say if we went up the same thing would happen to us, well I wouldn't mind trying to find out.

53 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They did lose two incredibly key players in January too - Finn Azaz and Luke Cundle but the manager did have a significant effect too. Under Schumacher their philosophy was `we`ll score more than you` particularly at home and the fans loved it.

Yes - Azaz scored a cracker v us.

We had an exciting 3-3 draw there over Xmas .

As you say it was at least entertaining for both sets of fans .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Are this Rotherham side one of the worst championship sides we have seen for years 

fast forward a couple of weeks 

city 0 Rotherham 1

God that would be such a city thing to do 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pillred said:

It must be incredibly frustrating for their fans to keep doing that, some say if we went up the same thing would happen to us, well I wouldn't mind trying to find out.

Be a laugh for a season but imagine having numerous games on a Sunday up North against the big clubs,call me old fashioned but I love a 3pm on a Saturday 

good to see Plymouth win - as my local  team - I Want them to do well but have lots of time for Rotherham. Friendly town which everyone unfairly derides and great memories of games at Millmoor - famously surrounded by a scrap yard on three sides. Great support tonight by Argyle btw - easily twice we took.

3 minutes ago, hollydog said:

good to see Plymouth win - as my local  team - I Want them to do well but have lots of time for Rotherham. Friendly town which everyone unfairly derides and great memories of games at Millmoor - famously surrounded by a scrap yard on three sides. Great support tonight by Argyle btw - easily twice we took.

As it should be for a relegation 6 pointer