IGNORED

Bye Bye Rotherham

25 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As it should be for a relegation 6 pointer

I assume you meant my reference to the away support ? My point is that Argyle took many more than City would take. We travel badly north of Birmingham. I’ve been to Rotherham six times and we never turn up. Even in 1990 when we pretty well secured promotion (super Bob) we only took around 300!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Be a laugh for a season but imagine having numerous games on a Sunday up North against the big clubs,call me old fashioned but I love a 3pm on a Saturday 

The very reason after 36 years one of if not the most important reasons I no longer have a season ticket, even in the Championship they are getting rarer and with this new Sky EFL deal I think they will become rarer still.

Was hoping Plymouth stay up and on Monday thinking they didn't show much goal threat and that it would be a close run thing, massive 3pts for them. Nothing against Birmingham but for sacking Eustace when he had them in 6th I wouldn't mind seeing them go out of the rest of the teams down there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hollydog said:

I assume you meant my reference to the away support ? My point is that Argyle took many more than City would take. We travel badly north of Birmingham. I’ve been to Rotherham six times and we never turn up. Even in 1990 when we pretty well secured promotion (super Bob) we only took around 300!

I was there aswell  ( I think ) Sure we took a lot more than that , one season I went there we took a good 1500-2000k don’t know if it was that game or not actually , they have a supporters club attached to the ground was packed with city in there , also pub right next to the ground at the top of the lane you walked down was packed with city too 

7 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Was hoping Plymouth stay up and on Monday thinking they didn't show much goal threat and that it would be a close run thing, massive 3pts for them. Nothing against Birmingham but for sacking Eustace when he had them in 6th I wouldn't mind seeing them go out of the rest of the teams down there.

My in laws are brum fans so naturally I’d love them to go down. I can’t believe they’re in the equation based off how good they looked at AG earlier in the season- bet they’re not chanting ‘USA’ now!

4 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

My in laws are brum fans so naturally I’d love them to go down. I can’t believe they’re in the equation based off how good they looked at AG earlier in the season- bet they’re not chanting ‘USA’ now!

They are well overdue a spell in League One, going back to when we should have relegated them at the Gate 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s interesting really,Plymouth had their manager poached because he done a good job,when was that last time a City manager was sought after 

Joe Jordan thirty years ago?

As for Rotherham's relegation. looks like they could be joined by neighbours Sheff W and (only 30 mins away) Huddesfield. With Sheff U about to exit the Prem, a lot of South Yorks sadness about.

Edited by 22A

For fans of classic pub interiors, The Dunn Cow (next to Sunderland Empire) is a must visit, although when I visited on Thursday all their ales were a bit hoppy/hazy/citrusy for my taste. For a more traditional Sunderland pint they have Double Maxim in the Peacock down the road. If you’ve got time to walk access the city centre, I found some Black Sheep in a craft union place on Burden Street, near the (towering) war memorial. 

Edited by Bow Legged Chicken
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hollydog said:

They still seem to have enthusiasm, our charming/naive West Country cousins; whilst we last had any of that about 1977 (three successive relegations take their toll; we truly do not believe).

There's been the occasional flowering, outbreak, of colour and enthusiasm amongst our support over the last 40 years but it's only ever very short-lived.

We are jaded, and numb; the miracle is that people still come to AG in the numbers they do 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harvey86 said:

US-eless more like 🤣