IGNORED

FBC POD: Sunderland [A] the verdict: a point on the road, undefeated in 3, third shout out in a row, what's not to like?

Join us live at 6 for a match review with the recording available on Spotify etc. later.

The title takes a positive view but were it not for Max we'd have suffered a bit of a hiding.

This was a Sunderland side on a bad run of form and they certainly showed more desire than us as they looked to put Monday's 5-1 home beating behind them. Clarke and Bellingham were stand out performers for them but we were up against a bunch of kids - their average age was 22.

Toby's remark in the commentary, "Liam's getting to know his players" is wearing a bit thin after 5 months and whilst I have a lot of time for Chris Honor the "players have been playing multiple games"  from his lips during a break in a largely pedestrian game didn't wash with me. Friday-Monday-Saturday after a 2 week break is hardly stretching the poor lambs!

Is Twine looking like a player we should have as a summer marquee signing? It's a no from me.

To assuage the level of antipathy I'm feeling towards City I want to see three 5* performances in all three remaining home games; yes, I've bought my 2 season tickets.

Lots of excuses being made tonight, had to stop listening.

Lez saying he didn’t think Max’s saves were all that, and harping back to the one he let-in at Leeds, summed up tonight’s pod for me.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Lez saying he didn’t think Max’s saves were all that, and harping back to the one he let-in at Leeds, summed up tonight’s pod for me.

On plus side, Ian isn’t chatting the most shit tonight…

• Haha 4

Just a football musing, but I don't want to glory hog with a new thread. It's not so much about city either.

A strange phrase I've seen a lot today post game = "ill take that"

It has to be one of the stranger emotions. Who pays money and time to walk away from a football match thinking "ill take that" after a nil nil.

It's not like there are exceptions either, because if you play well you aren't taking it.

I'm a master of somehow watching 0-0s and not once have i ever walked out feeling like "ill take that"

Do you know how dominant the other team has to be for "ill take that"

Not once have i been to a game hoping for a 0-0. It simply leaves a feeling devoid of emotion.

I just don't get the phrase or the feeling

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Lost me after the first 20 seconds of sh1te that came out his mouth.

And quite frankly, this pod is better suited to the radio. 

I think when your opening gambit is to call out imaginary “bed wetters”, you lose everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Is that the Lez geezer who has multiple accounts on here?

It is.  Amazing isn’t it. He’s got some front, I’ll give him that 😂 But can’t take an episode seriously with both him and IG on. May as well be Jackanory.  Good for them though. As always no one forces anyone to listen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think when your opening gambit is to call out imaginary “bed wetters”, you lose everyone.

And “the cult of Nige”

What a helmet. Could send a glass eye to sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bizarre comment referring back to what he considered a mistake Max made at Leeds, how long ago was that, how many excellent performances has he put in since?. I noticed your comment as well reminding him that shot actually  went through a player.

He obviously doesn’t rate Max, which is his prerogative, but if that’s the only reason he can give it just makes him look stupid. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Can't quite believe that is Lez, off here, on there. He's actually real. Still getting used to @Davefevs actually being real. Amazing. We likely to see "Alan" Robbored on there - don't tell me he's actually a real bloke, too?

Wait till you see I'm actually a turtle 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Can't quite believe that is Lez, off here, on there. He's actually real. Still getting used to @Davefevs actually being real. Amazing. We likely to see "Alan" Robbored on there - don't tell me he's actually a real bloke, too?

Well, he lives under a bridge, and makes you pay a toll to cross ...