IGNORED

Nine years ago today

TV Tom

45 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It wasn't a togetherness throughout the club though. The hierarchy couldn't stand him. I had it on very good authority that they thought that he was a 'nutter' and a nightmare to work with. 

Which basically translates as he wouldn't tolerate their bullshit and suck up. 

Fast forward nine years. Oh... here we are again!

Difference is that Cotterill may have been a bit of a 'nutter'. 

I went down to the Lloyds Amphitheatre where the team were appearing after the promotion.  I couldn't believe it When Steve Lansdown got on the mic to speak to the fans, when he was spouting about our wonderful season, but somehow managed to avoid giving any credit or acknowledgement to Cotts for his part in it.  I thought at the time it was really odd and classless how Cotts was blanked, and the events of the subsequent season showed Lansdown's actions were definitely no accident.  It seemed pretty obvious Lansdown couldn't stand him and it seems to be a very similar situation with Nigel Pearson.

Ironic how two of the most popular managers with fans for decades, were actually so thoroughly disliked by the owner. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I went down to the Lloyds Amphitheatre where the team were appearing after the promotion.  I couldn't believe it When Steve Lansdown got on the mic to speak to the fans, when he was spouting about our wonderful season, but somehow managed to avoid giving any credit or acknowledgement to Cotts for his part in it.  I thought at the time it was really odd and classless how Cotts was blanked, and the events of the subsequent season showed Lansdown's actions were definitely no accident.  It seemed pretty obvious Lansdown couldn't stand him and it seems to be a very similar situation with Nigel Pearson.

Ironic how two of the most popular managers with fans for decades, were actually so thoroughly disliked by the owner. 

Although Cotts telling him “to f++k off out my dressing room” probably didn’t help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yet another thread being hijacked 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Although Cotts telling him “to f++k off out my dressing room” probably didn’t help!

Quite right though.

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Aaw, bless.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I bet it didn't and I'd have paid good money to be there and witness that ..... and then shake Cotts's hand afterwards!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Is it bollux ..... its relevant and is pointing out how history repeated itself over a 9 year period.  

That '14/15 season was absolutely brilliant and we had that same sort of momentum as we'd had under GJ in our Play-Off season, or more recently you could look at the likes of Ipswich this season.  Shows the big difference when a manager is backed by the owner, compared to one who isn't.  Shall I just also point out the sale of Alex Scott and not allowing it to be reinvested in the squad and instead, creating a very large nest-egg as another comparison?  

• Flames 3

6 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Is it bollux ..... its relevant and is pointing out how history repeated itself over a 9 year period.  

That '14/15 season was absolutely brilliant and we had that same sort of momentum as we'd had under GJ in our Play-Off season, or more recently you could look at the likes of Ipswich this season.  Shows the big difference when a manager is backed by the owner, compared to one who isn't.  Shall I just also point out the sale of Alex Scott and not allowing it to be reinvested in the squad and instead, creating a very large nest-egg as another comparison?  

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

FFS, I started this thread as I do every year on April 7th (It’s a very special date on a personal level), i give up

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

FFS, I started this thread as I do every year on April 7th (It’s a very special date on a personal level), i give up

Flint said no. 

Even without you starting it every year, maybe it has run it's course. 

Maybe don't start threads if you aren't prepared to accept where they will take you. 🤦

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1