What does a Manager need to do ?

Walton & Hersham sack Manager ...

Club say;

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_25_44.png.7cbe936a180fab57dc2515b98783e2c3.png

Ex Manager says ;

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_26_03.png.a0a4a928a7a18e5fbedb8b7230fb5a2d.png

The table says ;

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_27_15.png.0a8150c6b1d2ccfc02b720cadfd73b47.png

His brief was apparently to try and get to the SOUTHERN PREMIER DIVISION SOUTH in 5 years , he did it in 3 and they sit 5 points from the Playoffs . 

Their results this year, while not outstanding are something like 6-5-6 ( 23 points from 17 games ) , not to shabby for a team after 3 consecutive promotions . I read he has seen a 700% increase in attendances in his time at the club.

It's a funny old game . 

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_40_45.png.e40cea10e4e63922135c6d3fed5aeb9a.png

This was an interesting post, the Club run by a consortium of 24 year olds ? Thinking back to me at 24, they probably sacked him for waking them early and interrupting their hangovers .

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Walton & Hersham sack Manager ...

Club say;

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_25_44.png.7cbe936a180fab57dc2515b98783e2c3.png

Ex Manager says ;

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_26_03.png.a0a4a928a7a18e5fbedb8b7230fb5a2d.png

The table says ;

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_27_15.png.0a8150c6b1d2ccfc02b720cadfd73b47.png

His brief was apparently to try and get to the SOUTHERN PREMIER DIVISION SOUTH in 5 years , he did it in 3 and they sit 5 points from the Playoffs . 

Their results this year, while not outstanding are something like 6-5-6 ( 23 points from 17 games ) , not to shabby for a team after 3 consecutive promotions . I read he has seen a 700% increase in attendances in his time at the club.

It's a funny old game . 

Screenshot2024-04-09at08_40_45.png.e40cea10e4e63922135c6d3fed5aeb9a.png

This was an interesting post, the Club run by a consortium of 24 year olds ? Thinking back to me at 24, they probably sacked him for waking them early and interrupting their hangovers .

I’m guessing someone in the hierarchy has a mate lined up for the post. 

• Like 4

Never heard of that club before, but my god, now I really want them to suffer back to back relegations and end up back where they started.

I might check that in a few years to see if that happens, there's probably a good chance it will!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With all the fondness and sentimentalities from both posts, it does seem exceptionally strange that he has been sacked - so sweetly! My cynical mind thinks that there is a big avoidance of something here. Either the board has made some sort of deal that is being kept in the boardroom or that Harris has done something dreadfully disgraceful and is being given a chance to slide away without exposure. A gentlemanly agreement or a closed doors job?

• Like 1

None of know the real reason why he was sacked - it certainly wasn’t his record which is pretty impressive.

Maybe he was knocking off the wife of one of the hierarchy……..…..:dunno:  or maybe  one the daughters?

Edited by Robbored
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Never heard of that club before, but my god, now I really want them to suffer back to back relegations and end up back where they started.

I might check that in a few years to see if that happens, there's probably a good chance it will!

Hey Alexa - set a reminder for April 9th 2027. 🤣

3 hours ago, Moulin Rougier said:

I've never seen a football manager file for wrongful dismissal before but if they've both agreed to a 5 year plan and he's achieved it in 3, he should be all over it!

I’ve often thought this. I suppose it’s different in the world of contracts which are then paid up but in any other industry you would walk away with a pay out which I suppose in a way they do.  Would or rather could be a very interesting case to follow if it went to court.  I think the same about young drivers being charged a higher premium for car insurance. Any other walk of life that’s discrimination based on a characteristic and would not been allowed.

3 hours ago, Erithacus said:

With all the fondness and sentimentalities from both posts, it does seem exceptionally strange that he has been sacked - so sweetly! My cynical mind thinks that there is a big avoidance of something here. Either the board has made some sort of deal that is being kept in the boardroom or that Harris has done something dreadfully disgraceful and is being given a chance to slide away without exposure. A gentlemanly agreement or a closed doors job?

Well that would be my thinking , if it was announced as mutual consent or that he stepped away. But seeing as he said he was fired and the Club gave much more than a minimal "cheers then",  it does seem odd. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

None of know the real reason why he was sacked - it certainly wasn’t his record which is pretty impressive.

Maybe he was knocking off the wife of one of the hierarchy……..…..:dunno:  or maybe  one the daughters?

The daughter of a 24 year old? That’s some accusation……….

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

This is basically the dismissal of SC and appointment of LJ 😃

I agree that LJ was given ‘mates privilege’, but Cotts’s results made his sacking easy - we were in the relegation zone and he wouldn’t change his tactics. Suicidal management. He needed to go. 
For the record - at that time I didn’t want LJ - but I wanted a change. 

18 hours ago, Red Billy said:

I’ve often thought this. I suppose it’s different in the world of contracts which are then paid up but in any other industry you would walk away with a pay out which I suppose in a way they do.  Would or rather could be a very interesting case to follow if it went to court.  I think the same about young drivers being charged a higher premium for car insurance. Any other walk of life that’s discrimination based on a characteristic and would not been allowed.

Yes, I thought this after I'd posted - they get there contracts paid up so arguably don't have any loss of earnings to claim...unless you wanted to argue that you'd done such a good job, they would have extended your contract!

• Like 1