IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Surely you don’t think that should have any bearing on the referee’s decision?! This isn’t under 8s.

Right. I remember Serena Williams foot-faulting on possibly match point at the US Open. McEnroe commentating said that they shouldn’t have called that on such an important point. Bull. A rule is a rule. 

12 minutes ago, awbb said:

Worse than that. Palmer had already been on loan and been fine (though I had no ideas about allowing my Mrs to dabble in some light NTR, personally).

We signed Palmer for £3.5M that summer.

Madness.

Oh god was it even that. The permanent signing summer was it. FFS.

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

Right. I remember Serena Williams foot-faulting on possibly match point at the US Open. McEnroe commentating said that they shouldn’t have called that on such an important point. Bull. A rule is a rule. 

Absolutely. If Blackburn go down on goal difference, it could be crucial.

6 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

C'mon he basically cupped the ball. Hand stretched out. Definite penalty

Back turned, clearly not deliberate. Defender knew nothing about it.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Surely you don’t think that should have any bearing on the referee’s decision?! This isn’t under 8s.

More that if there was any uncertainty, the referee could have easily not given it and it wouldn't have been a particularly controversial decision in the context of the game.

FWIW, I can absolutely see why it was given. I'd just feel very unfortunate if I were the Blackburn defender. I always hate the penalties where it just hits someone's hand accidentally, rather than them deliberately moving their hand towards the path of the ball.

As someone who also played at CB for a while, I also tend to side with the defenders in these situations 😂

Edited by Supersonic Robin