IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Blackburn are terrible

This game is being played like a pre season friendly. 

City safe...nothing to play for, and knocking it around with no pressure.

Blackburn awful...they are far from safe. Just jogging about. 

Blackburn fans should be more than concerned. 

• Like 2

First half, well that all seemed a bit easy, comfortable.  Well done, though, punish the errors.

Delighted for Tommy, 11 for the season (9 in league).

Blackburn so unimaginative, but let’s not take any credit away from City though, efficiently good.

Knight and Williams winning back lots of loose ball, giving opportunity to get players forward.  Roberts getting up with Pring too.

Lets not ease up, hopefully see JKL.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

They've been poor at the back all season.

They started as a glass cannon and that cannon shattered back in the autumn.

I'm not actually able to watch so are we actually playing well, and with a plan, or is it that Blackburn are just that poor?

Bit from A and a bit from B. We haven’t created masses off our own steam but don’t need to - in addition to the two goals the Sykes chance comes from an abysmal header straight to us and Tommys hat trick chance is a back pass. 

We’re pressing them higher because they’ve got a huge number of mistakes in them and that’s leading to openings. They also look pretty toothless up top. Goals came at a good time as they were getting on top but if you’ve got that level of mistake in you as a team you’ll lose more than you win. 

Column A - they’ve given us our four best chances

Column B - at least two of those, maybe three, don’t happen without the higher press

Oh, and can someone please attack the back stick on Twines corners..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

How on earth did they beat Sunderland 5-1? This league is so random.

They also kept a clean sheet at the weekend against Southampton. Have to assume tonight is just a very bad day at the office for them. Obviously a different match if they nick one back, but so far been quite easy really.

9 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Has a team ever gotten relegated whilst also having someone win the golden boot? 

6 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Good question. If not then could be the first.

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Can’t have happened many times, if at all

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/03/the-knowledge-footballers-marriage-proposals-during-match

Came up last week - Mick Channon amongst others.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

How on earth did they beat Sunderland 5-1? This league is so random.

My theory is that there is very little between most teams in the Championship, and so games very easily go one way or the other without much rhyme or reason - and that the outcome has more to do with how effective each team’s tactical approach is against that particular opposition, than who on paper is the “better” team. I think our tendency to do better against “better” teams is a demonstration of that.

In a division like the Premier League where the difference in quality is more obvious and polar, it tends to be more predictable and the tactical approach is less likely to affect the ultimate outcome of the game.

If that makes sense!

21 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Has a team ever gotten relegated whilst also having someone win the golden boot? 

Don't believe so. Although we kind of came close in 2015/16 when Tammy came second in the goals chart and we finished 3 points clear of relegation.

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think people forget he only made 4 appearances for us 

When I heard it the other day I was surprised it was so low, but it wasn’t through any lack of effort or anything on his part. I’m not gonna chastise the club through hindsight, but similarly he didn’t do anything to deserve being booed as far as I recall, unless it was meant ironically or jokingly.

• Like 1