IGNORED

Scot Twine - press conference

Robbored

Came over really well I thought. Articulate, relaxed demeanour, very comfortable in front of the journalists and dealing with the questions easily - not that they were particularly difficult.

Let’s hope he gets on the scoresheet tonight.

• The title was changed to Scot Twine - press conference
3 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Seems to me, I’d like to be here next season but knows he needs to perform but play too, any chance of a loan next season? Depending on who we get in

No chance of a loan next season IMO. He signed for Burnley on a 4 year deal in 2022, so it’s approaching the time where they need to play or sell him as end of next season he’s got one year left and value starts to fall off a cliff.

I stand by that we’re now two seasons away from an excellent season at league one and he’s been indifferent since, not helped by injuries. There’s a player in there but jury remains out at this level in respect of a £5m player as was suggested above. He needs a hell of a last five games for it to be considered at that price. Lower price may be worth the risk but either way, needs to be more than peripheral in the run in

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

No chance of a loan next season IMO. He signed for Burnley on a 4 year deal in 2022, so it’s approaching the time where they need to play or sell him as end of next season he’s got one year left and value starts to fall off a cliff.

I stand by that we’re now two seasons away from an excellent season at league one and he’s been indifferent since, not helped by injuries. There’s a player in there but jury remains out at this level in respect of a £5m player as was suggested above. He needs a hell of a last five games for it to be considered at that price. Lower price may be worth the risk but either way, needs to be more than peripheral in the run in

Burnley will let him go for lower. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, HunstantonRed said:

Yes they might do, bearing in mind parachute payments and the fact they'll need to build a stronger team this time round than the last one that was in the Championship but has proved well out of its depth in the Prem.

However, they won't be giving him away or offering him around on the cheap. So we'll have to negotiate well, box clever, persuade them to lower their price.

Who will be doing that for us? Tinnion? Junior?

Oh sh*t.

£5 million it is then. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes they might do, bearing in mind parachute payments and the fact they'll need to build a stronger team this time round than the last one that was in the Championship but has proved well out of its depth in the Prem.

However, they won't be giving him away or offering him around on the cheap. So we'll have to negotiate well, box clever, persuade them to lower their price.

Oh sh*t.

£5 million it is then. 

On the first point I’m not sure there was actually a great deal wrong with the Burnley side that went up - the issue was ripping it apart. They seemed addicted to signing a player a week for social media “clicks” and players who had played for them on loan and were available like Nathan Tella they didn’t sign. You then had things like signing Trafford at a vastly inflated cost and agreeing to a buyback clause to top it off!

That their recruitment included Massengo should be a sign of how scattergun it was. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

On the first point I’m not sure there was actually a great deal wrong with the Burnley side that went up - the issue was ripping it apart. They seemed addicted to signing a player a week for social media “clicks” and players who had played for them on loan and were available like Nathan Tella they didn’t sign. You then had things like signing Trafford at a vastly inflated cost and agreeing to a buyback clause to top it off!

That their recruitment included Massengo should be a sign of how scattergun it was. 

They couldn’t afford Tella.

39 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Oh sh*t.

£5 million it is then. 

£3.5 mil will do it.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, HunstantonRed said:

£3.5 mil will do it.

I think you’ll find they could afford Tella. £20m Tella/£19m Trafford. Whether he would have wanted to come or not is a different question but you’re talking a lot in absolutes for a man with no discernable links to Burnley…

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think you’ll find they could afford Tella. £20m Tella/£19m Trafford. Whether he would have wanted to come or not is a different question but you’re talking a lot in absolutes for a man with no discernable links to Burnley…

Wages - on more in Germany. Berge deal earlier in the window was 1 of a few issues.

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

These next couple of home games massive for him to prove his worth. At only 24, 4-5 million may not seem to bad, especially with the market prices these days. 

Does he even want to come here?

Burnley will be in the champ next season and would very likely make use of him.

Also lots more win bonuses with them no doubt !

3 hours ago, HunstantonRed said:

2 hours ago, HunstantonRed said:

Wages - on more in Germany. Berge deal earlier in the window was 1 of a few issues.

2 hours ago, HunstantonRed said:

£3.5 mil will do it.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

• Haha 2