IGNORED

Manning

Top Robin

40 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Shame he didn't join us at the start of this season

Was it really that good? Blackburn gifted us every goal and our final ball was poor as usual along with second half majority. Thrilled to win 5.0 but I’m still not convinced by Manning. Give him the summer to see what he can do. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 10

A boring point from me...

By my reckoning, Manning needs us to win our remaining 4 fixtures for him to end the season with a 40% win ratio in his Bristol City tenure so far.

At all his previous clubs he had 46% or more.

12 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Was it really that good? Blackburn gifted us every goal and our final ball was poor as usual along with second half majority. Thrilled to win 5.0 but I’m still not convinced by Manning. Give him the summer to see what he can do. 

No you're not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 2

59 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Shame he didn't join us at the start of this season

Correct me if I'm wrong - but are we not in the same league position now as we were after Sheff Wed under Fleming?

So... we'd be in exactly the same place?

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Wow. Some supporter you are. Pathetic post tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

36 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Wow. Some supporter you are. Pathetic post tbh. 

Not really. You can embrace the win but still question the long term. I’ve seen enough shite under the Manning regime to still question if he’s the real deal. 

From what little I saw of the game tonight (on an iPad with mates in a pub) Blackburn looked very poor. That said 5 against anyone is not a poor result in any form.

Lets see how good the manning team is 10 matches into next season before we jump up and down…

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Tonight showed what a strange game football is. 

I don't think we created anything of note, every goal was gifted by an awful Blackburn defence. We took the chances we were given.

We've had a flukey win v Leicester, a smash and grab at Plymouth and a poor performance at Sunderland which went unpunished.

Fingers crossed he has worked out we can be an effective Championship side when we setup like we were under his predecessor.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

I don't think we created anything of note, every goal was gifted by an awful Blackburn defence. We took the chances we were given.

We've had a flukey win v Leicester, a smash and grab at Plymouth and a poor performance at Sunderland which went unpunished.

Fingers crossed he has worked out we can be an effective Championship side when we setup like we were under his predecessor.

How many times did a Nigel side set up 343 with 2 narrow CAMs? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Lets not spoil the result by turning this into Manning vs the board/Tinnion/Nige. Credit to all concerned for the result tonight. A brilliant result!

Yeah in all fairness, we’ve had plenty of trouble getting results against lower placed teams, but we certainly gave them a tonking tonight.  

Still not sure if it was just Blackburn being unbelievably shit, but considering their precarious position and we had nothing to play for, we looked far more up for it than they did and we can’t ask for more than that really.

Well pleased tonight and got a nice little run going now👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

Oh my dear! We are undefeated for four games and also haven't conceded a goal. Football among several other team sports is so exasperating because the "better" team doesn't always win. With eleven a side on the pitch, all players able to make very minor mistakes, it is not as predictable as games like tennis or golf where the best usually win.

I'm not yet convinced about Manning. Will he be the first one since Alan Dicks to get us to the top tier? Well a lot of us were not madly in love with AD for several years after he arrived as a complete novice manager. As we're only about six months into Mannings tenancy, it's difficult to form a solid opinion. 

So ,while I don't expect miracles as there are 23 other managers/head coaches to beat us up, I'll give my support yet again next season.

PS. I remember one of AD's early matches when he subbed one favourite for a less thought of player. The crowd screamed abuse at him and five minutes later the sub scored the winning goal. Football is so unpredictable!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I know what you mean about manning but give it a rest give credit where it’s due , perhaps it was how we played that made Blackburn play so poorly , 

only 2 weeks ago that this lot beat Sunderland 5 1 and then Sunderland go on to take a point at Leeds, 

thought tonight was very decent performance, my biggest criticism with manning / team so far is the gulf in the inconsistencies of performance, when we have been good we have been pretty decent but on the flip side when we’re poor it’s pretty dire , we need to get somewhere in the middle 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

I know what you mean about manning but give it a rest give credit where it’s due , perhaps it was how we played that made Blackburn play so poorly , 

only 2 weeks ago that this lot beat Sunderland 5 1 and then Sunderland go on to take a point at Leeds, 

thought tonight was very decent performance, my biggest criticism with manning / team so far is the gulf in the inconsistencies of performance, when we have been good we have been pretty decent but on the flip side when we’re poor it’s pretty dire , we need to get somewhere in the middle 

I'm no Manning apologist but it always amazes me that if we play well the opposition must be s**t or having an off night. Think the team deserve a lot of credit, 4 clean sheets and we stopped the opposition playing their game

• Like 4