IGNORED

Manning

Top Robin

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

I'm no Manning apologist but it always amazes me that if we play well the opposition must be s**t or having an off night. Think the team deserve a lot of credit, 4 clean sheets and we stopped the opposition playing their game

They were poor though and yes we made them that way. You can't blame the keeper but the centre halves (all three who ended up playing) put in a League 2 display. What it does prove though, is the level we are at. Put in a display like that in the Championship and you get heavily punished. Blackburn have won one game in thirteen, that 5-1 win at Sunderland people are referring to, otherwise have been mediocre for months. Looking at their run-in they really need to beat Sheffield Wednesday otherwise it might be curtains for them.

Our players showed, again, that give them room to play then they will play. I would like to see at least one game out of those remaining where we play through an opposition that not only set up defensively but ALSO compete well. Saturday may give us that opportunity. That's Manning's last challenge this season for me................

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wrongagain said:

One of the best things about last night was the “rovers are shit” chant - priceless!

Or the one Blackburn fan singing "Champions of England you'll never be that" 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Very true.

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

They were poor though and yes we made them that way. You can't blame the keeper but the centre halves (all three who ended up playing) put in a League 2 display. What it does prove though, is the level we are at. Put in a display like that in the Championship and you get heavily punished. Blackburn have won one game in thirteen, that 5-1 win at Sunderland people are referring to, otherwise have been mediocre for months. Looking at their run-in they really need to beat Sheffield Wednesday otherwise it might be curtains for them.

Our players showed, again, that give them room to play then they will play. I would like to see at least one game out of those remaining where we play through an opposition that not only set up defensively but ALSO compete well. Saturday may give us that opportunity. That's Manning's last challenge this season for me................

I think Norwich away will show where we are or can be 

Unlike the Blackburn game. There were no gifted goals today to paper over another poor performance - apart from the referee giving us a very questionable penalty.

It's not just performances though.  The togetherness isn't the same as it was under Nige, something I enjoyed was we worked hard for each other. Now it reminds me of back in school when you'd play up when a supply teacher came in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Unlike the Blackburn game. There were no gifted goals today to paper over another poor performance - apart from the referee giving us a very questionable penalty.

It's not just performances though.  The togetherness isn't the same as it was under Nige, something I enjoyed was we worked hard for each other. Now it reminds me of back in school when you'd play up when a supply teacher came in.

Wow. Exactly what I’ve just posted….Manning ball is dire and it was v Plymouth and Sunderland too, lucky to have won both those games. Papering over the cracks, big summer ahead. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

apart from the referee giving us a very questionable penalty.

Not questionable. Just seen the highlights. He raises his left arm to block the ball. Current rules (anybpart of the arm) is a pen all day long. 

Professional defender should have arms pinned in....left arm not out for support to land....it the upper arm.

Ref got it right  

8 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

The togetherness? We were poor yesterday but kept going they never gave up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Super said:

The togetherness? We were poor yesterday but kept going they never gave up. 

Yet again we only started playing after going behind. Yes kept going... for the last 10 minutes to salvage a point against a team that will be relegated.

Well done lads, you never gave up.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Not questionable. Just seen the highlights. He raises his left arm to block the ball. Current rules (anybpart of the arm) is a pen all day long. 

Professional defender should have arms pinned in....left arm not out for support to land....it the upper arm.

Ref got it right  

Just seen it back. Never a penalty in a million years. Even worse than seeing it Live and I'm in that corner of the South Stand.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yet again we only started playing after going behind. Yes kept going... for the last 10 minutes to salvage a point against a team that will be relegated.

Yet again? the first goal conceded in 5 games so haven't started playing after going  behind too much of late have they.

7 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Personally I thought they were one of the better if not the best of the lower league sides we have played 

• Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, redkev said:

Personally I thought they were one of the better if not the best of the lower league sides we have played 

I though Sheffield Wednesday looked up for it both times we played them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

Yet again? the first goal conceded in 5 games so haven't started playing after going  behind too much of late have they.

Perhaps if we'd conceded first to Swansea or Sunderland we might have not played so mind numbingly boring during each game.