IGNORED

Sykes

Super

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I thought LM had started to move away from that recently because it certainly hindered us.

I hope we’re not slipping back into these decisions.

I know we had CB issues today but that issues could have been resolved without so many positional changes 

I've just read the Manning quote saying about not playing King there ' not in my time here' or something like that. Am I reading too much into that or is there a slight dig at Pearson? Obviously King is such a Pearson player and he doesn't want to use him as Pearson did, but wants to find his own solution? Just seems a strange thing to say.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Williams was clattered several times. Memetti was about to come on with Wells when Williams was injured so the bench delayed the decision until they decided what was happening with Williams. They gave it a few minutes but then subbed him off. I'm positive Williams was injured.

OK,  if' that was the reason , but I thought he had run it off. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've just read the Manning quote saying about not playing King there ' not in my time here' or something like that. Am I reading too much into that or is there a slight dig at Pearson? Obviously King is such a Pearson player and he doesn't want to use him as Pearson did, but wants to find his own solution? Just seems a strange thing to say.

I’m not sure it’s a dig but perhaps he wants to be seen to create his own solutions to problems instead of doing something his predecessor did.

I may be totally wrong but it should be about what’s best for the team and not his own coaching reputation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

That doesn't change the fact that 
1) He has played the position
2) He did well when playing the position.

Roberts playing CB happened before Mannings time , Tanner playing CB happened before Mannings time . 
He is not doing a lot to prove he is a good fit here , not in my opinion anyway. 

Completely agree, but the point I was badly making was, there was no way he came into LM’s consideration.

44 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Manning was going to play King at CB but Brian wouldn't allow it under any circumstances. Stating it would be blocking the pathway and that Andy had to sit on the bench with JKL and talk him through the game.

That is brilliant! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RedM said:

I heard the interview pre-match and Manning was just correcting the interviewer who said that he had used King at CB before. So nothing in it. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Completely agree, but the point I was badly making was, there was no way he came into LM’s consideration.

Which I think reflects very poorly on Manning. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Which I think reflects very poorly on Manning. 

I would agree. He should have used the best and most logical replacement available, and it looks like he didn't. As it was we had nothing to play for really, but he can't be making these decisions as standard when we start the new season. That's what is concerning me going forward. 

• Like 2