IGNORED

Sending Stoke down

Cannot stand Birmingham! how many times have they almost been relegated out of this league and saved themselves by the skin of their teeth.. as others have said we should have sent them down in 2017.. they stayed up on the last day of the season in 2014 aswell getting a lucky last minute draw to stay up. Relegation to the third tier has been a long time coming for them 🫰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Yep when we went to sleep and they took a quick free kick to score the winner! 

I was there along with a mate who is a Stoke fan. As we were in different parts of the ground, we arranged to meet back in central London after the game.

After traipsing out the ground bitterly disappointed I jumped on the first train that came along lo and behold it was full of Stoke fans, including my mate. What were the chances of that I then had to endure a night of having my nose rubbed in it!

The only consolation about not relegating Birmingham in 2017 was that Villa fans would’ve hated it.  Still remember them celebrating the week before when they lost to Blackburn because it kept Brum in the shit….but…it kept US in the shit as well with Brighton to face that evening.

Some Villa fans suggested that their players weren’t exactly busting a gut in their game.

17 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Cannot stand Birmingham! how many times have they almost been relegated out of this league and saved themselves by the skin of their teeth.. as others have said we should have sent them down in 2017.. they stayed up on the last day of the season in 2014 aswell getting a lucky last minute draw to stay up. Relegation to the third tier has been a long time coming for them 🫰

Ah Birmingham, the Everton of the championship then :laugh:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Still annoyed we didn’t send Birmingham down in 2017. 

Was going to say the same! 

I think even a draw would've sent them down and Flint had a good chance to equalise but put it over the bar. 

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

T’was Carey, but he didn’t go to sleep. The ref was talking to him about the foul when Stoke took the free kick. Ref should’ve made them re-take it (he wasn’t ready himself), but there you go. 

My recollection is Carey turned his back and was remonstrating with the ref, rather than the ref talking to him.

As far as I could see Carey was in a world of his own and I didn't see it as an unfair goal. 

My feeling has always been it was thoroughly unprofessional OTT behaviour from Carey and bloody annoying.

Sh*t shirt, sh*t song, sh*t day rounded off by Carey being a  bit of a tit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

My other half is a stokie, i would expect the frequency of our romantic escapades will reduce significantly if we relegate them!

Going down ain’t gonna happen one way or the other! 😮

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

There are too many championship clubs with initials BCFC. One of them should be demoted this season and never allowed to return!

My first away match as a seven year old, for City in an FA Cup game at St Andrews. We lost and I've never forgiven them as they are a total jinx to us. Why we let them off the hook in 2017, I'll never know. So please to the football gods, at least give me one season without them beating us.

3-2 wasn't it ?

36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

My recollection is Carey turned his back and was remonstrating with the ref, rather than the ref talking to him.

As far as I could see Carey was in a world of his own and I didn't see it as an unfair goal. 

My feeling has always been it was thoroughly unprofessional OTT behaviour from Carey and bloody annoying.

Sh*t shirt, sh*t song, sh*t day rounded off by Carey being a  bit of a tit.

Shit from Carey, shit from the ref never a foul in 2024 let alone 25 years ago 

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

There are too many championship clubs with initials BCFC. One of them should be demoted this season and never allowed to return!

My first away match as a seven year old, for City in an FA Cup game at St Andrews. We lost and I've never forgiven them as they are a total jinx to us. Why we let them off the hook in 2017, I'll never know. So please to the football gods, at least give me one season without them beating us.

Hate em got off New street 70s zulus chasing us got taxi to st andrews Bastard taxi driving me round same roundabout three times 😄

Edited by Cityboy1954

4 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Still annoyed we didn’t send Birmingham down in 2017. 

If you go through my posts I constantly bring it up , the most feeble / tepid / spineless performance by us that day when we had all the power sums this club up sometimes , can still see them Brummies partying in the Atyeo and on Ashton road , them and Stoke to join Rotherham would be nearly as good as the day Rovers went down to non league 

only joking nothing will ever come close to that 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

If they lose their next 2 - Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth they are in big trouble. 

You could argue Southampton will be out of contention for automatic by then (if not already) so may rest a few players, meaning they could need 3 points final day. 

Probably shouldn't say, but if that were the case, I'd go to an away game I wasn't intending to do.

Is it wrong to take joy from others misery?

Bristol Rovers 0 Mansfield 1 - there’s your answer 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2015 said:

Definitely a history between us and Stoke. Lots of trouble during the 90s, Wembley 2000, beating us to promotion in 07/08.

Be nice to get one up on them

Been some right ding dongs with Stoke down the years , I put Stoke up there with Millwall & Cardiff for past shenanigans, 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Yep when we went to sleep and they took a quick free kick to score the winner! 

I may be wrong but wasn't Carey to busy arguing with the ref about the free kick and then they scored from it?

15 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

If they lose their next 2 - Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth they are in big trouble. 

You could argue Southampton will be out of contention for automatic by then (if not already) so may rest a few players, meaning they could need 3 points final day. 

Probably shouldn't say, but if that were the case, I'd go to an away game I wasn't intending to do.

Is it wrong to take joy from others misery?

Absolutely not wrong !!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I may be wrong but wasn't Carey to busy arguing with the ref about the free kick and then they scored from it?

Yep. I was there at Wembley and I thought in that split second he should be watching the game and not running over and arguing with the ref. Low and behold, quick free kick, cross, goal. 

Cavanagh and Thorne were quality at league 1 level. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Batman said:

Yep. I was there at Wembley and I thought in that split second he should be watching the game and not running over and arguing with the ref. Low and behold, quick free kick, cross, goal. 

Cavanagh and Thorne were quality at league 1 level. 

I was there too but was right down the other end from it. Never liked Stoke. Too many bad memories!

Kavanagh and Thorne were always c*nts versus us as well. I think they both or at least Kavanagh went on to play for Cardiff. Enough said!

• Admin
16 hours ago, 2015 said:

Definitely a history between us and Stoke. Lots of trouble during the 90s, Wembley 2000, beating us to promotion in 07/08.

Be nice to get one up on them

I'm sure they will be as cheerful after the game if they go down

55 minutes ago, Swede said:

Stoke or Birmingham? Birmingham all day long. 

Would be great to see the Blues first, but sJoke would be the icing on the cake

Out of the 8 teams still at risk of going down with Rotherham my preference would be for Millwall & Stoke to go down, horrible teams, horrible fans. Followed by Birmingham.

Huddersfield, Blackburn & QPR I'm pretty neutral about, but I do kind of like Plymouth and Wednesday fans - good bunch, especially Wednesday. Liked their flag that said something like "Sheff Wednesday: ending other team's bad runs since 1867". Always travel in numbers, without being nobs about it (unlike Leeds).

Would certainly make our last day much more interesting, if Stoke were still in danger of going down 😂

If they lose tomorrow, the pressure will be really on them as Wednesday would go level of points with them.

Still likely to be a lot of twist and turns before then…..based on what I saw on Wednesday, with their run-in, Blackburn are potentially in trouble too.

If we were to send them down, not sure the trip back to the train station after would be very pleasant though!!!

• Like 1