IGNORED

Sending Stoke down

If they lose their next 2 - Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth they are in big trouble. 

You could argue Southampton will be out of contention for automatic by then (if not already) so may rest a few players, meaning they could need 3 points final day. 

Probably shouldn't say, but if that were the case, I'd go to an away game I wasn't intending to do.

Is it wrong to take joy from others misery?

There are too many championship clubs with initials BCFC. One of them should be demoted this season and never allowed to return!

My first away match as a seven year old, for City in an FA Cup game at St Andrews. We lost and I've never forgiven them as they are a total jinx to us. Why we let them off the hook in 2017, I'll never know. So please to the football gods, at least give me one season without them beating us.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

There are too many championship clubs with initials BCFC. One of them should be demoted this season and never allowed to return!

Careful.

If the authorities start on that basis, you know who's going to go...

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

My first away match as a seven year old, for City in an FA Cup game at St Andrews. We lost and I've never forgiven them as they are a total jinx to us. Why we let them off the hook in 2017, I'll never know. So please to the football gods, at least give me one season without them beating us.

Will say this again. Wasn't Cotts assisting "Arry" Rednapp and our boys did him a favour, well that's how it looked from what was going on in front of my eyes!

• Like 1

Yes I was looking at the table earlier and I concluded my preference would be for Stoke and Birmingham to go down. It could get interesting for Stoke as their next two matches are against other relegation candidates (Sheff Wed and Plymouth) so if they lose there they will really be in trouble. They then play Southampton before us. 

18 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Will say this again. Wasn't Cotts assisting "Arry" Rednapp and our boys did him a favour, well that's how it looked from what was going on in front of my eyes!

I do wonder...we had been unbeaten at Home since mid to late February.

As it turned out, a draw would have sent them down as both Blackburn and Nottingham Forest won.

Yet despite a clear improvement ie winning vs Huddersfield, Wolves, QPR and Barnsley in successive home games, scoring 12 in the process..not a single shot on target.

Lots of Possession but not a Shot on Target. Sure we sealed survival the week before at Brighton but failing to show up was a major disappointment.

22 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Louis Carey, I believe.

T’was Carey, but he didn’t go to sleep. The ref was talking to him about the foul when Stoke took the free kick. Ref should’ve made them re-take it (he wasn’t ready himself), but there you go. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Sandhurst Red said:

If they lose their next 2 - Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth they are in big trouble. 

You could argue Southampton will be out of contention for automatic by then (if not already) so may rest a few players, meaning they could need 3 points final day. 

Probably shouldn't say, but if that were the case, I'd go to an away game I wasn't intending to do.

Is it wrong to take joy from others misery?

You’d always rather have points on the board, but bear in Southampton have two in hand and then trips to Leicester and Leeds on the final day. Goal difference means it’s probably out of their hands, but they still have everything to play for as things stand.

3 minutes ago, reddoc said:

My dentist is a Stoke fan and he knows I'm City. I'm scared enough of dentists as it is.

If we send them down your next appointment will be like the scene with Laurence Olivier and Dustin Hoffman in the Marathon Man

image.thumb.jpeg.40bc3ab85615ac4647fc4a1f5ed0b4b6.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

Yep when we went to sleep and they took a quick free kick to score the winner! 

I seem to remember in that game, some of our own young lady fans (I’m led to believe they frequented the Whitening Yard) taking off their tops and waving their ‘assets’ about just as one of our players (Newman?) was about to take a penalty. Whoever it was ended up missing. Probably distracted - as I was. 
Talk about own goals….. terrible timing…!!

8 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I seem to remember in that game, some of our own young lady fans (I’m led to believe they frequented the Whitening Yard) taking off their tops and waving their ‘assets’ about just as one of our players (Newman?) was about to take a penalty. Whoever it was ended up missing. Probably distracted - as I was. 
Talk about own goals….. terrible timing…!!

That was Mansfield in 1987.

They’ve MORE than paid us back for that day.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iron Acton Red said:

Was just thinking as our last game of season is at the Britannia stadium. Wouldn’t it be funny if we relegated them.

Quite a dour club and never forgave Shilton for ending our beloved Cheesleys career.

anyones thoughts please?

Well I hope we make a better job of it than we did at home to Birmingham when Redknapp was their Manager.

• Like 2