IGNORED

No more domestic broadcasts online as of next season

sephjnr

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With a Sky Sports subscription

Which is £46 a month for 18 months by the looks of it? That's the "new to sky" thing on their website, seems to give Sky, Sky Sports and Netflix (which I already have).

So near double the price of RTV + VPN, for 50% of the games (plus a load of guff). And I've still got to find some way to watch the other 20 odd games!?...not sure I'll bother tbh.

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Which is £46 a month for 18 months by the looks of it? That's the "new to sky" thing on their website, seems to give Sky, Sky Sports and Netflix (which I already have).

So near double the price of RTV + VPN, for 50% of the games (plus a load of guff). And I've still got to find some way to watch the other 20 odd games!?...not sure I'll bother tbh.

RTV + VPN must be part of the mix. If they only show the games that are not on Sky, then the NOW TV monthly deal may help.  Bloody awful though.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Anybody know the email address for Robins TV

I want to check whether games selected by Sky will be available to overseas viewers on RTV, or not, as the case may be.

Under the current deal/RTV set up they are not. I cannot see why Sky would allow that to change.

But you could try the general supporter services email.

Supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

RTV + VPN must be part of the mix. If they only show the games that are not on Sky, then the NOW TV monthly deal may help.  Bloody awful though.

I won’t be resubscribing to RTV on an annual pass.  I’ll see how the season pans out.

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I did think that, but season ticket sales were strong, so perhaps it won’t have the impact I feared. 

Could be the following year when everyone has had a season of it. When exactly were full details released.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

What do people make of the new EFL TV Deal named SKYSports+ ?  Every weekend 5 championship matches will be moved from Sat 3pm to accomodate the TV.  Friday 7.45/8pm Sat 12.00 and Sat 5pm Sun 12.00 and Mon 7.45/8pm They say there will be an agreement that there is a more equal spread of club picks, with Championship clubs live up to 24 times per season.  Sky are turning football into a TV show rather than a live sport and the greed of club clubs wanting the money voted for this without consideration of the fans

It's not even that much momey considering all the inconvenience and upheaval plus potential hits to fanbases.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Sadly as Championship clubs are getting an additional £2.6m a season I'm not sure how bothered some clubs will be 

A lot to us of course but to clubs turning over £20-35m plus losing maybe £15-20m o4 above in underlying losses?

58 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yep. They voted for it.

Remember that when City claim that 'its all Sky's fault' when there's that one game that got moved in the promotion race so that you can't attend in March 25 .

Not convinced by the merits of the deal.

Pro- More money.

Con- Disruption to fans and or medium term, the attendances in  the ground.

• Like 3

Bristol Post (Dan Hargreaves) suggesting Saturday slots of 12:30, 15:00 and 17:30, which weren’t in the doc that went out earlier.

Nothing in the EFL FAQ re 17:30 slots, but mention of Friday night, Sunday 12:30, and even Monday / Thursday too! 😮😮😮

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/sky-sports-q-and-a/

IMG_0473.jpeg

Edited by Davefevs

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could be the following year when everyone has had a season of it. When exactly were full details released.

It's not even that much momey considering all the inconvenience and upheaval plus potential hits to fanbases.

A lot to us of course but to clubs turning over £20-35m plus losing maybe £15-20m o4 above in underlying losses?

Not convinced by the merits of the deal.

Pro- More money.

Con- Disruption to fans and or medium term, the attendances in  the ground.

Don't worry, the con isn't a concern to the clubs. Until a year or twos time obs, when they'll bellyache. Shame on them.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bristol Post (Dan Hargreaves) suggesting Saturday slots of 12:30, 15:00 and 17:30, which weren’t in the doc that went out earlier.

Nothing in the EFL FAQ re 17:30 slots, but mention of Friday night, Sunday 12:30, and even Monday / Thursday too! 😮😮😮

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/sky-sports-q-and-a/

IMG_0473.jpeg

Yes SKY's weekend includes weekdays. It's total shit

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes SKY's weekend includes weekdays. It's total shit

Yep, if you’ve got to travel or other commitments, e.g. work Sat morning, it’s a right ballache.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 15:54, Ian M said:

So Robins TV will remain an option for those who are more able to take a quick flight to the continent than travel to AG. Or those who already live abroad.

Hopefully so, as under the new Sky deal they are only obligated to show at least 28 games for each championship club, so that could be 18 not shown. Also if they are like 'red button' coverage with no replays and a single high-up camera, it's poor compared to RTV.

59 minutes ago, Malago said:

Anybody know the email address for Robins TV

I want to check whether games selected by Sky will be available to overseas viewers on RTV, or not, as the case may be.

55 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Under the current deal/RTV set up they are not. I cannot see why Sky would allow that to change.

But you could try the general supporter services email.

Supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

Good question, would certainly make buying an annual pass for RTV abroad not such a good deal if they can't show the games Sky are covering - unless annual pass fee is going to be cut to allow for this.

16 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Hopefully so, as under the new Sky deal they are only obligated to show at least 28 games for each championship club, so that could be 18 not shown. Also if they are like 'red button' coverage with no replays and a single high-up camera, it's poor compared to RTV.

Already been confirmed it will be multi-camera…better than this season’s iFollow and therefore tonnes better than red button.

IMG_0476.jpeg

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Good question, would certainly make buying an annual pass for RTV abroad not such a good deal if they can't show the games Sky are covering - unless annual pass fee is going to be cut to allow for this.

Hopefully now Sky have done their launch there can be some Comms from the EFL or the Club.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

EFL and City have both posted stuff today.

City one looks like a pretty generic piece that Sky have asked them to publish?

RTV bit is short "Our audio-only commentary service will remain domestically through Robins TV, as well as audio and video streaming for overseas supporters."

Doesn't really clarify what the future of RTV is though? If it stays as it is and Sky (and international broadcast games) aren't able to be shown on RTV then RTV is going to be showing fewer than 20 matches a season.

They have to slash the price of, or completely scrap the RTV annual pass option surely.

• Like 1

It's interesting looking at other clubs, this is the 2nd or 3rd message by City about it.

Another BCFC, i.e. Birmingham, haven't made a single Tweet about it yet- not the April period or now...may do a quick analysis of the Championship clubs. Some have but some haven't yet.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Further checks. 4 notable clubs in Birmingham, Derby, Stoke and Sunderland seem not to have Tweeted about it at all, while Cardiff mentioned it but only in part.

Screenshot_20240508-192020_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b8a59654371fbff1a5c32758b86d2385.jpg

The unspoken bit that was all know is that they won't offer to domestic audiences but they seemed to leave that bit out. :whistle2:

Don't know about anyone else but our RTV pass is due for renewal in December.  That's quite a few games we were expecting to be able to watch next season.

Will we get a partial refund if they can hardly show any games ir not show any games at all.

What's the betting that they will try to wriggle out of that 

Trying to figure out what this means for those of us with an annual RTV subscription.

The OS says, ‘This will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services such as Robins TV.

Our audio-only commentary service will remain domestically through Robins TV, as well as audio and video streaming for overseas supporters.’

Assume the only video streaming available on RTV will be for non Sky games, in which case to continue to be able to watch all games from overseas will require a Sky subscription and a RTV subscription, is that correct?

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Trying to figure out what this means for those of us with an annual RTV subscription.

The OS says, ‘This will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services such as Robins TV.

Our audio-only commentary service will remain domestically through Robins TV, as well as audio and video streaming for overseas supporters.’

Assume the only video streaming available on RTV will be for non Sky games, in which case to continue to be able to watch all games from overseas will require a Sky subscription and a RTV subscription, is that correct?

Here you go:

image.thumb.png.17582dddcf5287ae9bf1d710d8545492.png

Assuming those 155 are Saturday games (31 Saturdays), then 5 each Saturday will be live on tv.  Are these the ones that we normally see not available on RTV abroad?

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here you go:

image.thumb.png.17582dddcf5287ae9bf1d710d8545492.png

Assuming those 155 are Saturday games (31 Saturdays), then 5 each Saturday will be live on tv.  Are these the ones that we normally see not available on RTV abroad?

Thanks Dave so I’ll need RTV + a Sky subscription whereas previously I got by with just RTV 

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Thanks Dave so I’ll need RTV + a Sky subscription whereas previously I got by with just RTV 

It looks that way.  Can’t see RTV justifying the current price, but that’s not to say the price will reduce.

• Like 1